Author Topic: The 1st East Prussian Infantry (1stEPI) *The Oldest in the Community*  (Read 141316 times)

Offline Mogu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The 1st East Prussian Infantry (1stEPI) * The Oldest in the Community*
« Reply #990 on: April 19, 2016, 05:39:41 am »
Nice, welcome to the new rkts!

Indeed, welcome! They did very well at training today.

Offline Savolainen5

• First Lieutenant
  • Official Server Admin and Language Nerd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: _1stRddt_E77_Savs
« Reply #991 on: April 19, 2016, 12:24:20 pm »
Yay, we're alive! By the way, how many years old is the EPI exactly? I don't feel like looking through the OP to see. Just kidding, I found it. Man, you guys are even like 6 months older than the Reddit Brigade! Fancy! Happy belated 5th birthday!
Wanna know what a wug is? Read here!

Juice_Kelly: no one wants to be savs, he's the biggest firegiant on the server.

Offline Mogu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 19, 2016, 07:57:07 pm »
Yay, we're alive! By the way, how many years old is the EPI exactly? I don't feel like looking through the OP to see. Just kidding, I found it. Man, you guys are even like 6 months older than the Reddit Brigade! Fancy! Happy belated 5th birthday!

Savs, good to hear from you! Thank you! Are you still in Europe? How is it?

Offline Mogu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 20, 2016, 04:23:24 am »
Looking good 1stEPI!

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Savolainen5

• First Lieutenant
  • Official Server Admin and Language Nerd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: _1stRddt_E77_Savs
« Reply #994 on: April 20, 2016, 06:21:24 pm »

:) I am indeed, and I plan to stay here (thanks, Finnish citizenship!). It's pretty good. Spring is in full swing in here in northern Italy. I'm scared for the summer if it's mid-April and it already gets up to like 25 degrees (70ish F I think?) during the day. All's well in the EPI, I hope?
Wanna know what a wug is? Read here!

Juice_Kelly: no one wants to be savs, he's the biggest firegiant on the server.

Offline Mogu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 20, 2016, 09:17:26 pm »

:) I am indeed, and I plan to stay here (thanks, Finnish citizenship!). It's pretty good. Spring is in full swing in here in northern Italy. I'm scared for the summer if it's mid-April and it already gets up to like 25 degrees (70ish F I think?) during the day. All's well in the EPI, I hope?

Good to hear! It's already 70F+ here in Texas, but luckily we've been getting a lot of rain. And the EPI and the PA for that matter are doing great! Just got in a new batch of recruits that look very promising :)

Offline Mogu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 21, 2016, 06:16:24 am »
Bump!

Offline Mogu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 22, 2016, 06:31:45 am »
Hey folks, this upcoming Saturday around 8pm EST we will be hosting a small fun event where we will be playing Partizombies and the Hunter. Hope to see you there!

Offline Spatulot

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEPI_A2_PLt_Spatulot
  • Side: Union
« Reply #998 on: April 23, 2016, 12:22:13 am »

Danke schön Savs!

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 23, 2016, 06:50:12 pm »
Don't mean to be rude but the Forum says oldest in the community but the 10thRM has been around for just a along lol

Offline HandOfGod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 23, 2016, 08:09:46 pm »
Don't mean to be rude but the Forum says oldest in the community but the 10thRM has been around for just a along lol
Not here to dispute this, what abbreviation is that? RM? You made me look through the regiment lists for them, and i could not find them. Are they active NW then?

Offline Spatulot

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 23, 2016, 09:37:36 pm »
Let me clarify a few things that led to our claim: 

1.  The 1st EPI was founded within the Napoleonic Wars era linebattle community in December 11th 2010 for the Mount and Musket mod.  We are aware that there are video gaming communities which may play the Napoleonic Wars DLC that existed prior.  These groups, however, were not a part of the foundation of the community.

2.  Despite the fact that we claim 1st EPI was founded in December of 2010 we can trace our origins to the 7th Prussian Foot, a regiment in the Age of False Innocence mod which existed prior.  This regiment was one of the earliest examples of musket line drill in Warband.

3.  The 1st EPI has been continously and consistantly active since it's founding in 2010.  In fact, we still retain several members that joined prior to the release of the Napoleonic Wars DLC, including a founding member.

4. As far as we are aware, we have outlived all other, older community founding, Mount and Musket/Napoleonic Wars regiments.

I must apologize in saying I have never heard of the 10thRM.  A quick search has lead me to the 10th Royal Marines which have a post on the Taleworlds forum which states they were founded in 2012. 

I would be interested to know if this 10thRM did exist in the "Good Ol' Days".  There are not many of us left :)

Offline HandOfGod

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 23, 2016, 09:56:16 pm »
Heres the 7th Prussian Foot training screencap from October 2010, on age of false innocence mod.
   Prior to the official founding of the 1st East Prussian Infantry in December of 2010, the regiment held a different name in Age of False Innocence. This mod took place during the seven years war, and was one of the first to set up an atmosphere for a new kind of battle that had never been seen before in Mount&Blade: Warband.

At the time, there was no such thing as "Linebattles." At least, not in the sense that we would think of today.  There was no structure or organization in battle, and players would run at one another discharging their firearms and waving their swords around in a very unsophisticated manor.

This changed with the 7th Prussian Foot. The small line regiment challenged the norms of battle, working to prove that marching in line was possible and beneficial. They began training and practicing adapting field manuals to work within the of Mount&Blade: Warband in hopes of one day seeing the dream of historically accurate "line-battles."  While not combat effective at the time, this was the first major step in the community toward the common close order drill seen today. 

3.  The 1st EPI has been continously and consistantly active since it's founding in 2010.  In fact, we still retain several members that joined prior to the release of the Napoleonic Wars DLC, including a founding member.

I would be interested to know if this 10thRM did exist in the "Good Ol' Days".  There are not many of us left :)

Its actually a little surprising how many guys are still around from before April 2012 when NW dlc released.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:57:57 pm by HandOfGod »

Offline Spatulot

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 24, 2016, 08:10:16 pm »
I am sad I could not make any events this week.  The linebattles appear to have been excellent and the EPI hosted NW game night that happened this Saturday sounded like a success. 

I have to say thank you to all the Cadre that keep this group cohesive and thank you to all of our members who make this possible.

Offline Mogu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 25, 2016, 07:57:19 am »
I am sad I could not make any events this week.  The linebattles appear to have been excellent and the EPI hosted NW game night that happened this Saturday sounded like a success. 

I have to say thank you to all the Cadre that keep this group cohesive and thank you to all of our members who make this possible.

It sure was a success!

We're all happy to see you back in the coming week Spatulot.