Author Topic: North American Regimental Groupfighting League | New Season?  (Read 3569 times)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: North American Regimental Groupfighting League | New Season?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 11:12:00 pm »
do a drafting league
cause the last draft tourney was a complete success

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 11:46:10 pm »
I would rather have a league such as Aurum's rather than a regimental groupfighting league. The reason is because everyone already knows who is going to be in the finals. Plus, you can actually take stats of a smaller match compared a reg gf where all you really care about are kills.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=33188.0
#bringbackAurum

As Liquid and Windflower rightfully pointed out, this might not be the best timing for it which is fair enough. I was merely asking for opinions, even if they had been mostly positive (which is far to the case), wouldn't have been possibly before February/March. But maybe it is too early still. I personally doubt waiting for another 6-7 months would be a positive thing and would increase activity and interest towards that tournament by a large margin yet again I don't know your community as much as you guys do so going to have to take your words for truth.
No one's saying we're going to wait 6-7 months for a groupfighting tournament, there's just not enough interest for there to be one. No interest = dead league. And dead leagues are definitely not a good thing for the community for multiple reasons.

Could actually be a fairly good idea but from experience, NW Groupfighting League are never finished. People are really motivated at the beginning but due to a lack of proper forced schedules, most are rather lazy with organizing and playing their matches, which drags the league to an infinite state.

Not that I don't want to do it, I would actually love it. But I'm not sure there would be enough committed teams.
Aurum's league was very smoothly run and did finish.. if you think that this wouldn't work but an RGL would then sorry but that's wrong.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 11:51:35 pm »
who? ops wrong thread

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2017, 12:22:41 am »
do a drafting league

In all fairness though, the last draft tourney was my all-star event (I think, unless I missed something) and it was more of an experiment/for fun idea (like actual pro-sports all-star events are) than anything serious which involved components that slowed/were not as successful as I'd hoped, but many people still had fun participating in it so I don't consider a total failure either, and Jorge's draft tourney was less draft and more him assigning teams. I think a true draft league would be fun though, Captains could pick teams of ~10 from signed up players and participate in either a groupfight or 1v1 (I think either would be fun/good for the community but it, of course, depends on number of sign-ups and the host). I'm, of course, not going to host such a thing, but it's an idea I think could benefit the community should someone decide to run with it.

As far as regimental leagues go, I think the outcomes are rather predictable at this point regardless of whether it's a 1v1 or groupfight league (though I think a 1v1 league does have more potential as it's not 100% dependant on melee), which is why I think a draft league would be more interesting.

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2017, 12:33:08 am »
I would rather have a league such as Aurum's rather than a regimental groupfighting league. The reason is because everyone already knows who is going to be in the finals. Plus, you can actually take stats of a smaller match compared a reg gf where all you really care about are kills.

After seeing this and discussing with a couple people about the tournament I will be bringing it back very shortly.

It'll be ran roughly the same but I'll have windflower and possibly risk co-run it with me since I work now and do other things. But yeah, thanks for the kind words I do appreciate it.
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Oatmeal

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2017, 06:47:36 am »
do a drafting league

In all fairness though, the last draft tourney was my all-star event (I think, unless I missed something) and it was more of an experiment/for fun idea (like actual pro-sports all-star events are) than anything serious which involved components that slowed/were not as successful as I'd hoped, but many people still had fun participating in it so I don't consider a total failure either, and Jorge's draft tourney was less draft and more him assigning teams. I think a true draft league would be fun though, Captains could pick teams of ~10 from signed up players and participate in either a groupfight or 1v1 (I think either would be fun/good for the community but it, of course, depends on number of sign-ups and the host). I'm, of course, not going to host such a thing, but it's an idea I think could benefit the community should someone decide to run with it.

As far as regimental leagues go, I think the outcomes are rather predictable at this point regardless of whether it's a 1v1 or groupfight league (though I think a 1v1 league does have more potential as it's not 100% dependant on melee), which is why I think a draft league would be more interesting.
well said, I think a change from regimental leagues will interest people outside of the LG/3e

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2017, 07:12:18 am »
one of the biggest problems with my league is regiments who arent lg and 3e dont want to sign up because they dont want to get creamed by lg and 3e so its kindia difficult situation.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2017, 07:14:01 am »
*snip*

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2017, 08:22:38 am »

After seeing this and discussing with a couple people about the tournament I will be bringing it back very shortly.

It'll be ran roughly the same but I'll have windflower and possibly risk co-run it with me since I work now and do other things. But yeah, thanks for the kind words I do appreciate it.
Soon pls so I can carry my team to playoffs before I leave to boot camp

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Kuni Garu

• First Lieutenant
  • 51st_Cpt_Kuni/ 17th_Invte_1stPfc_[K]uni
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2017, 11:54:05 am »
one of the biggest problems with my league is regiments who arent lg and 3e dont want to sign up because they dont want to get creamed by lg and 3e so its kindia difficult situation.
True at first I didnt want to do it but meh why not tbh even tho LG and 3e have much better players the only way to get better is to  right better regiments still surprised that the 39th isn't signed up lol.
wheres the love?

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 01:25:26 pm »
Could actually be a fairly good idea but from experience, NW Groupfighting League are never finished. People are really motivated at the beginning but due to a lack of proper forced schedules, most are rather lazy with organizing and playing their matches, which drags the league to an infinite state.

Not that I don't want to do it, I would actually love it. But I'm not sure there would be enough committed teams.
Aurum's league was very smoothly run and did finish.. if you think that this wouldn't work but an RGL would then sorry but that's wrong.

Please quote me where I'm saying a RGL would work better than a GFL. I think I perfectly got the idea that it is way too early for another edition of the NARGL. What I was simply pointing out, was that from my experience, Groupfighting Leagues have never been a success within the EU scene. If you managed to run one properly in the NA than that's a positive thing but that still doesn't mean I would feel 100% confident hosting one right now. Doesn't matter in any case since since Arum apparently is interested to host another edition. But please don't assume what I think or don't, in order to get your point across, as it doesn't bring anything to the current discussion.

Atleast this topic managed to arounse a certain interest for people to host something again so that wasn't all for nothing! Considering its a well shared opinions that hosting a NARGL is nothing but a good idea, I will be closing this topic and let the future tournaments, whatever it is, in good hands. Thanks to every person who took the time to anwser and give me some advices. Looking forward to what Aurum is going to host! :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 01:30:55 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.