Author Topic: The General Political Thread  (Read 525222 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: The General Political Thread
« Reply #1605 on: September 22, 2017, 06:44:40 pm »
Sure but if you would spend that 800 billion somewhere else, you could still create jobs and actually achieve something better than new tools of destruction.
but then who would save us from those darn Russians
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1606 on: September 22, 2017, 07:11:02 pm »
Sure but if you would spend that 800 billion somewhere else, you could still create jobs and actually achieve something better than new tools of destruction.
Like what?

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: September 22, 2017, 08:26:32 pm »
Like what?

The best ferry service in the Mediterranean

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: September 22, 2017, 08:33:16 pm »
Like maybe making sure all of your citizens are given proper healthcare. Not fucking the environment could be a priority too.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #1609 on: September 22, 2017, 08:37:17 pm »
Like maybe making sure all of your citizens are given proper healthcare. Not fucking the environment could be a priority too.
So you want to take away thousands of jobs and GDP  to instead use that money to increase spending on already trillion dollar programs? Nice

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: September 22, 2017, 08:38:52 pm »
So you want to take away thousands of jobs and GDP  to instead use that money to increase spending on already trillion dollar programs? Nice
Did I say that? Just it's clear that America chooses to increase its budget in a department that doesn't need extra funding and cut funding for areas that do need it.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #1611 on: September 23, 2017, 09:42:36 pm »
Did I say that? Just it's clear that America chooses to increase its budget in a department that doesn't need extra funding and cut funding for areas that do need it.

Exactly.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: September 24, 2017, 03:53:40 pm »
In the UK Labour are having their annual party conference for the next few days. Looks to be more exciting than in previous years:
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/bbc-political-editor-laura-kuenssberg-to-be-accompanied-by-security-guards-at-labour-party-a3642221.html

I'm looking forward to Monday's lecture on whether Artificial Intelligence is sexist.
Spoiler
[close]

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1613 on: September 24, 2017, 05:51:54 pm »
Merkel saying she'll refuse to work with AfD which isn't too surprising. We'll see how it turns out for her but I can say that alienating a populist movement usually doesn't work too well.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #1614 on: September 24, 2017, 06:49:31 pm »
You say that but it worked pretty well for mainstream parties in the UK. UKIP just died down, although that could be attributed to Farage jumping ship, then flip flopping and then associating with Trump, plus the leadership challenges etc.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: September 24, 2017, 07:00:15 pm »
How good are German exit polls? They suggest that a) Merkel's lost a quarter of her vote since 2013 but remains as Chancellor, b) SPD at 20% which is worst result for them in the history of modern Germany, and c) AfD at 13.5% making them third largest party and almost certainly the official opposition.

Wow-terrible night for Schultz and Merkel. Former should probably resign by tomorrow, later will have to put forward a succession plan earlier than thought. Only possible coalition is continuation of CDU/SPD. If the exit polls are right of course....

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: September 24, 2017, 07:19:33 pm »
Welcome to Weimar: Where the parliament is going to paralyze itself. Bundesrepublik Deutschland in 2017.
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: September 24, 2017, 07:40:20 pm »
c) AfD at 13.5% making them third largest party and almost certainly the official opposition.

There is no official opposition in Germany, and even if there was, the SPD is about 7% bigger than the AfD. On what do you base this certainty?

. Only possible coalition is continuation of CDU/SPD. If the exit polls are right of course....

SPD has already stated it will not continue the 'Grand Coalition' and wishes to go into opposition. The most likely coalition is the so-called Jamaican model: CDU/CSU, the Greens and the Free Democrats.

Welcome to Weimar: Where the parliament is going to paralyze itself. Bundesrepublik Deutschland in 2017.

Laughs in Dutch
[close]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 08:02:48 pm by Duuring »

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: September 24, 2017, 08:04:37 pm »
Is there not? Been reading news reports that say there is, and Euractiv is usually pretty good.
https://www.euractiv.com/section/elections/news/germanys-race-for-third-place/

Green grassroots are strongly against a coalition with Merkel and the FDP, and I read somewhere any deal would have to go before their members. No chance of passing. Far more likely SPD will change their minds. For Schultz it's either that or resign as I can't see how else he could stay on in his position. I guess there might be some kind of confidence and supply arrangement rather than an outright coalition.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: September 24, 2017, 08:21:52 pm »
The budget committee is chaired by the biggest opposition party. That's it. Die Linke held that position the past session.

Yeah, either SPD-CDU or CDU-FDP-Grüne. AfD doesn't have enough seats to form a coalition with CDU/CSU and it would be sorta direct betrayel of their anti-Merkel platform anyway.