Author Topic: 29th Worcestershire Regiment of Foot [NA]  (Read 22926 times)

Offline Adderly

• Private
  • Captain Lucian Adderly
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 29th_Capt_Adderly
  • Side: Neutral
29th Worcestershire Regiment of Foot [NA]
« on: July 21, 2016, 11:49:10 pm »

Overview of the Regiment

We're back.  With Hugo's blessing, the 29th Worcestershire Regiment of Foot has reformed, under new leadership.

Once again, we strive to employ the finer points of discipline and order.  Are you tired of troll regiments, and unruly mobs?  Looking for a well machined breath of fresh air?  Then, the 29th is for you.   

We play with the intent to win, while upholding a standard many envy; one of honor, and courage.  To help maintain this standard, a strict PTS rule is in place, so that our officers may deliberate and strategize.  You will also be expected to hold your typing during events, and present a silent, professional face.
We will focus on drill and orders honing your discipline to a fine point, that we will thrust at the enemy, achieving victory!

Trainings and Linebattles are fit to you, as we do realize that real life takes precedence in all things.  You may do so by making use of our 'Away on Leave' option to mark your excused absence.   

Lastly, we are here to have fun, and if you believe our way of doing things is the way to have fun, then join us!  You'll enjoy yourself, I guarantee it.

Enlistment requirements

• Be a mature and responsible individual
  • Be active
  • Be interested in becoming a part of a professional regiment
  • PREFERENCE That you live in North America
  • PREFERENCE That you own a microphone
  • NO negative history within the NW community

The backbone of the 29th Regiment of Foot is the ranker, the common private.  Without him, the regiment is nothing.  He is a valued part of the organization, and a dire necessity.  When first accepted into the 29th, all applicants will start out as a recruit/ranker.  In order to move up the ladder, one must know the ways of a soldier like the back of his hand, such as moving and firing in line.
Once he has become familiar with these ways, the ranker/recruit will be promoted to Lance Corporal, the highest rank to be achieved without a microphone.  As he climbs the ranks, his duties will change from silence and obedience, to tasks in and outside of the regiment. 
Ex. Corporals are at the end of the line and perform wheels. While Sergeants Take attendance and promote activity whilst in the regiment.  These tasks are expected of NCOs (non-commissioned officers).

Officers are the nails and glue that keep the regiment together, through strong leadership.  Major decisions regarding the regiment are decided by the officer staff via weekly officer meetings where promotions, schedules, and other changes within the regiment are discussed.  To achieve the rank of an officer, one must display exemplary leadership skills, charisma, and activity.  These officers are the reason we can lay claim to being one of the most disciplined, skilled, and respected regiments in the NW [NA] community.     

As already stated we strive to be a disciplined and mature unit as well as efficient in our organization. If you wish to learn more about our regiment, be sure to take a look at our website.
If you wish to join, fill out the enlistment papers at our website.  If you have any questions, you can contact Captain Rogers on Steam.

Keep in mind, there are requirements that must be met to be considered!  We strive to create and maintain a mature environment.  All applicants must be at least 15 years of age!  No squeakers!

Trolling, and an unwillingness to conform to our disciplinary standards will get you kicked from the regiment, no excuses.  A Code of Conduct is on our website, detailing our rules and expectations.

RULE BRITANNIA!

Thanks to Hugo for his permission, allowing us to use 29th images and names as created by him.

Feel free to join us on Holdfast! See you there!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 10:49:52 pm by Adderly »

Offline Adderly

• Private
  • Captain Lucian Adderly
    • View Profile
Re: 29th Worcestershire Regiment of Foot [NA]
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 06:23:10 pm »

• Trolling is a kickable offense and will not be tolerated.  Comport yourself in a manner that shows both you and the regiment in a good light!
  • The discussion of religion and politics is prohibited, as this only invites conflict and division.
  • PTS - Permission To Speak.  This is used to maintain silence during events so that our officers and leaders can delegate without distraction.
  • Be respectful to everyone!  No matter what.  You are the better man.
  • Conduct yourself in a professional and mature manner. This means that cursing, glitching, trolling, flaming, and name calling or other forms of fighting are not allowed. This is especially important when we are in events or on a public server.
  • Follow Orders. It is vital for the survival of the regiment that all orders given by our Officers are followed to the letter and without question or argument.
  • Do not retaliate. Regardless of the situation, if something is done to you (ie Teamkill, insult, etc) you are not to retaliate, but are instead to inform an officer or admin and report the problem. Anyone found retaliating will be dealt with in the same manner as the original offender.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 06:42:53 pm by Adderly »

Offline Adderly

• Private
  • Captain Lucian Adderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 06:23:31 pm »

In 1768 the 29th along with the 14th Regiment of Foot were sent to Boston, Massachusetts, where on the evening of 5 March 1770, men of the 29th Grenadier Company under the command of Captain Thomas Preston took part in the Boston Massacre. Five colonists died during the riot in front of the Boston customs house. Due to the incident, the regiment earned the nickname the Vein Openers for drawing first blood in the American Revolution. The men involved were tried for murder and were defended by John Adams (who later became President of the United States). Two of the men involved, Hugh Montgomery and Matthew Kilroy, were found guilty of manslaughter and branded on the thumb. Captain Thomas Preston and the other men involved were found not guilty. The 29th left Boston in 1771 for British controlled Florida before returning to England in 1773.

I wish very much that some measures could be adopted to get recruits for the 29th Regiment, it is the best Regiment in this Army, has an admirable internal system and excellent Non-Commissioned Officers.
Sir Arthur Wellesley 12 September 1809

The regimental badge of the 29th and later of the Worcestershire Regiment show the influence of the Coldstream Guards on the regiment. The Coldstream Guards and the 29th are the only two regiments to have the elongated star and garter of the Order of the Garter as their regimental badge with its motto "Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense" translated "Shame be to him who evil thinks" earning a third nickname The Guards of the Line.

In Game History
The 29th Worcestershire was formed in December of 2011, with the sole intent to create a troll free, disciplined, eternal, and skillful Regiment. On that glorious day in late December our eternal leader Hugonaut, set forth with his comrade of many years, Hasan, in creating the most serious, and disciplined Regiments in the whole of MM. The Regiment grew and became respected at a faster pace than we had ever expected. But the work we put into it was priceless. Several months later after smooth sailing Hasan left the Regiment. This was a time of strife and decisions. Was Hugonaut to continue with the Regiment even after the loss of his comrade and friend? Or was he to leave it be and let the Regiment fall? The answer is simple!  Hugo, the glorious, broke free of his chains and continued with the regiment! And named Hexon his second in command. Thus began the age of the 29th in late MM. During witch time Hugonaut and the officers of the 29th (Hugonaut, Sixgun, Augustus, Clockwork, and Delta) Decided to maintain the 29th until the end of the MM community.

When NW was announced a rallying cry of happiness screamed from the teamspeak. A new, and fresh way to experience the realism of the Napoleonic Wars was upon us. Within the first week of NW we were able to field 40 men per event. With a maximum of 46. But there are some who despise peace. Two officers of the 29th (who shall not be named) gave us a domain name and a awesome interactive website. Soon after they released their treachery upon us and changed the URL to their own clan website, witch they had newly formed. This was by far the hardest time for the 29th. We were reduced to only being able to field 10-15 men, and moral was low.  But the remaining Officers of the 29th did not falter nor did they waver. They remained vigilant! To the cause which had sucked away countless hours of their life in the name of fun for themselves, and for others. Months past and the 29th was only a speckle of what it used to be, with only the vigilant, and the loyal remaining, they continued on the journey to creating the best, and most disciplined Regiment in all of NW. Once again through determination, handwork and awesome members, the 29th was back to it's former glory.

On a fateful day, the 14th of August, 2014, it was unanimously decided that the 29th disband, due to RL obligations, and other reasons.  It left a gaping loss in the community.  For years, the 29th lay dormant, forgotten, until the 20th of July, 2016, a former member saw the lack of discipline that ran rampant through the NW community, and vowed to bring it back. 

The 29th had returned and would soon bathe in the glory it once enjoyed, and will with your help!  Join today! 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 05:38:32 pm by Adderly »

Offline OuRaNos

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: OuRaNos
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 06:26:21 pm »
Good luck !!
Currently: SdtV Dans Le IVe_45e
Previous: Brg/GrdH Dans Le 1er_Huss - CvlE Dans Le 3e_Huss - CvlE Dans Le 2e_Huss - BrgF/Adj Dans Le 9e_Huss - SgtMaj Dans La 7eBrigade - Trmp Dans Le 1erRH - FlqP Dans Le 7eFlq - Gnd Dans Le 16eJG - SoPV Dans Le 31e_Volt

Offline Hugonaut

• Donator
  • He that cannot obey cannot command -B. Franklin
    • View Profile
    • 29th Worcestershire
  • Nick: 29th_Col_Hugonaut
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 07:43:54 pm »
Awesome! I have no doubt in my mind that Adderly will be able to re establish the 29th to it's former glory! I have personally talked to Adderly, he has the same mindset I did when I first started the 29th back in 2011 If you're interested in a well organized, disciplined fighting machine I highly recommend this Regiment! I have been told that there is a market gap for respectable disciplined regiments. I assure you, this will fill that gap!

Enlist under the banner of the 29th Worcestershire and fight the foe today!
-Hugonaut
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 10:53:56 am by Hugonaut »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 09:00:10 pm »
Interesting, I wonder if some of the old 29th/9th will join, good luck!

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Wallace29th

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 09:08:28 pm »
Let the cowards tremble before our might!

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 09:16:41 pm »
Awesome! I have no doubt in my mind that Adderly will be able to re establish the 29th to it's former glory! I have personally talked to Adderly, he has the same mindset I did when I first started the 29th back in 2013 If you're interested in a well organized, disciplined fighting machine I highly recommend this Regiment! I have been told that there is a market gap for respectable disciplined regiments. I assure you, this will fill that gap!

Enlist under the banner of the 29th Worcestershire and fight the foe today!
-Hugonaut

:o Talk about a blast from the past. Good luck!

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Old Gen boy, led a few bad regiments.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Purpie
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 09:29:28 pm »
Welcome back! Hopefully William will join to get you those recruits.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 09:32:37 pm »
Good luck to you guys!
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline DeadEye

• Second Lieutenant
  • Old Nr7 Oberst
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr7_DeadEye
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 12:58:42 am »
Good Luck guys!

AeroNinja

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 06:41:01 am »
Good luck! :)

Offline BastogneGarnier

• Sergeant Major
  • Fritz, last of the weebhunters.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41st_LtCol_Fritz
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 02:59:57 pm »
disbanded
Maplereg

Offline vader1217

• First Lieutenant
  • NANWL | EIC Referee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 6teSLR | Vader | 28th | John Gibson
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2016, 04:12:57 pm »

Offline Adderly

• Private
  • Captain Lucian Adderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2016, 05:42:19 pm »
disbanded
The 29th disbanded already??

No, we're still here.  By my will, we will remain for as long as I wish it.  There are some that are overjoyed to see us back, and I thank you.  There are others who wish us to fail, but, they will see.

The future will not be easy, but it will be endured.