Author Topic: Rate the "RAP" song above you  (Read 198429 times)

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Rate the "RAP" song above you
« Reply #735 on: September 05, 2017, 10:39:06 pm »
7/10

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #736 on: September 05, 2017, 11:28:15 pm »
That was pretty good 8.5/10

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 06, 2017, 12:06:49 am »
I honestly love that song to shit, used to have it on repeat constantly 3-4 years ago.

9/10 by far, esp for mr midget.

Offline Majestic

• Sergeant Major
  • worldsbesthussar
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 94th_Gren_Tyrone_Bennett
« Reply #738 on: September 06, 2017, 01:56:05 am »
10/10 Big L is a favourite

2x 1v1 Cavalry Duelling Tournament Winner

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 06, 2017, 04:22:10 pm »
8/10
Loving the 90s

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #740 on: September 22, 2017, 07:34:50 pm »
8.5/10 love me some rage agant mashine

kickin it' old skool

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 22, 2017, 09:55:13 pm »
9/10 Love the encore

Starts 40 seconds in

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 23, 2017, 12:27:11 am »
9/10
Always love AOTP

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #743 on: September 23, 2017, 05:49:11 pm »
3/10, imo not a good rapping voice, not a good lyricist, and what hes rapping about is super cliche

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 23, 2017, 06:27:44 pm »
can never really get into brockhampton, I always feel like it's the edgiest of edgiest rap with the most distorted cancer beats out there, basically sums up what alot of underground rap has become with distorted beats whilst you're talking about slitting your girlfriends throat along with your own wrist

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #745 on: September 23, 2017, 07:31:59 pm »
Brockhampton is popular because their sound is so refreshing. Each of their songs are so distinguishable and dynamic and the amount of collective talent that they have is some of the greatest I've ever seen, and what you're saying at the end there is a hyperbole and a generalization.

6/10

First Death Grips song on thread?

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 23, 2017, 09:20:39 pm »
Brockhampton is popular because their sound is so refreshing. Each of their songs are so distinguishable and dynamic and the amount of collective talent that they have is some of the greatest I've ever seen, and what you're saying at the end there is a hyperbole and a generalization.

6/10

Everyone generalizes though, it's part of our nature. And that's where trends come from, that's also the issue with alot of stuff either being before its time or being too edgy.
I've heard countless of people who only listen to SuicideBoy$ and I think most of their songs are overrated with a few exceptions, same with Lil Tracy & Lil Peep and that whole crowd.
It's the expansion of rap but yet it's still all quite a similar sound with not alot of varation.

Look at the graphics and look at the way it's filmed in general, old VHS sorta graphics, it's all the trend now.
They might be good according to you but refreshing is a term that's also completely related to the person themselves because I've heard so much of this rap for years that it's the same old same old to me, I'm not hating on you but it's literally what I hear all the time.
I'll still listen to some of these songs, especially since they are late night bangers for when I'm smoking and/or drinking.
But I feel the same with Oliver Francis and other clout rappers, I prefer their sad sounding songs that are kinda melo-dramatic like this.

Rate either 1 of them or both, I don't mind but I can see you have quite an unique taste.

I don't mind Death Grips that much either, the parts around 1:00 are actually really good with flow and lyric wise.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #747 on: September 23, 2017, 09:35:26 pm »
get some actual tunes like biggie

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #748 on: September 24, 2017, 12:59:23 am »
Spoiler

6/10

Spoiler
[close]

Everyone generalizes though, it's part of our nature. And that's where trends come from, that's also the issue with alot of stuff either being before its time or being too edgy.
I've heard countless of people who only listen to SuicideBoy$ and I think most of their songs are overrated with a few exceptions, same with Lil Tracy & Lil Peep and that whole crowd.
It's the expansion of rap but yet it's still all quite a similar sound with not alot of varation.

Spoiler
[close]

Look at the graphics and look at the way it's filmed in general, old VHS sorta graphics, it's all the trend now.
They might be good according to you but refreshing is a term that's also completely related to the person themselves because I've heard so much of this rap for years that it's the same old same old to me, I'm not hating on you but it's literally what I hear all the time.
I'll still listen to some of these songs, especially since they are late night bangers for when I'm smoking and/or drinking.
But I feel the same with Oliver Francis and other clout rappers, I prefer their sad sounding songs that are kinda melo-dramatic like this.

Spoiler
[close]

Rate either 1 of them or both, I don't mind but I can see you have quite an unique taste.

I don't mind Death Grips that much either, the parts around 1:00 are actually really good with flow and lyric wise.
[close]
Even if everyone may generalize that doesn't make it righteous. I don't mind SuicideBoys personally but I can see why somebody might dislike them. For a lot of people it's also about the vibe that comes off that song. That old 90s look is prevalent because I'd say most rap fans are in their teens-late 20s. It's nostalgic and people like the aesthetics of it. Also you're assuming that you listen to more rap than me therefore what I said is untrue.

Top one 4/10, only real redeeming quality is its catchiness

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 24, 2017, 01:06:19 am »
Spoiler

6/10

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

[close]
Even if everyone may generalize that doesn't make it righteous. I don't mind SuicideBoys personally but I can see why somebody might dislike them. For a lot of people it's also about the vibe that comes off that song. That old 90s look is prevalent because I'd say most rap fans are in their teens-late 20s. It's nostalgic and people like the aesthetics of it. Also you're assuming that you listen to more rap than me therefore what I said is untrue.

Top one 4/10, only real redeeming quality is its catchiness

I mentioned the vibe and that's why, it's the 90s look cause aesthetics have become more of a trend, especially in 2017 with fashwave being around the 80s vibe.
I'm not assuming that I listen to more rap than you, I'm saying I've listened to that specific genre A LOT and that's why it's overplayed FOR ME.
That's the difference.
You assuming I meant it as in that I listen to more rap and therefor your opinion is irrelevant is not something I even said.
Sorry if you caught it that way but that literally wasn't the meaning.
Most ppl who've been listening to clout know it's pretty much the same old same old, it's the same with trap and it's the same with underground rap like Bones/SuicideBoy$/Pouya and stuff like that, it's a similar sound and people like it. But as I said, there's songs here and there that speak to me instead of just liking the whole genre in itself.
Most ppl who like that kind of rap are also the crowd that go to Metal concerts like I do, that's why moshpits became such a thing in rap now aswell, I like that but it's a similar feel.

Also for the rating, actually one of the few Drake songs I like. 7/10ish