Author Topic: Napoleonic Drill Instructors (returning soon to revive NW)  (Read 7343 times)

Offline zude

• First Sergeant
  • Applied Behavior Analyst
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Drill Instructors
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Drill Instructors
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 04:11:46 pm »
If no one is superior than another how can one lead..

ikr this is too liberal

its still a game, if you want discipline and shit like that enlist for your countrys army or do rl rp

In our group, everyone gets a turn to be sergeant and officer. If you are a terrible leader, everyone will remember. Discipline in this group comes from mutually assured disrespect. If you cause problems for your leader, then he or anyone else can give you problems when it is your turn to lead. This is because many people confuse punishment with revenge or justice. My advanced course for officers talks about punishment and reinforcement processes as they relate to applied behavioral analysis. Effective punishment must not apply learned hopelessness.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:51:35 pm by zude »

Different regiments, outfits, and groups participate in the academy. You can ask the academy to attend your event a week in advance. We become the responsibility of the contractor for that event.

Offline Tharan

• Donator
  • Owner of Sheb Kebab.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 04:54:24 pm »
Hearing muskets be like

Offline potus

• Donator
  • Official FSE President
    • View Profile
    • 87th Website
  • Nick: 87th_Foot_Maj_Potus
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2016, 01:03:41 am »
in my group Discipline just comes through mutual respect for people. If you respect me,I respect you right?
If someone is a terrible leader in my group (and I am merely meaning the tactics on field or so) Then we all say "thanks a lot" insert name... have a good laugh, and move on...
that is what separates units where you get a good laugh a enjoyable time from the ones where you would have to address your "superiors" with "sir yes sir"

The biggest mistake is to actually try to portray the behavior that a real military drill style environment expects from you. who want to be disciplined the entire time or punished by some guy that calls himself a captain on the internet and seen the drill  instructor scene from full metal jacket a bit too much.. If you start giving out punishments then that will be the actual cause for mutually assured disrespect and eventually conflicts. Its a gaming environment... we are not dealing with dogs that get a cookie after they done good or a slap on the nose if they done bad (well hold that last thought i guess lol)

I like to say in our group we have somewhat of a realistic setup. But at the beginning and end of the day I am just that same guy as the guy that has that Private tag. And if that Privates wants to lead for a round or map he can do so and he should be getting the chance to do so. Really that little tag that we all put in front of our name to say what rank we are its BS really... its all eye candy making your group look nice and organized etc...nothing more nothing less. Whenever people are starting to take it a bit to serious that is where they tend to go over the top and ruin it for others.

Punishment and reinforcement process applied to behavioral analysis? really? boy are you in for a treat the FSE community has people with the best social and behavioral skills...

Offline zude

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 05:23:04 am »
in my group Discipline just comes through mutual respect for people. If you respect me,I respect you right?
If someone is a terrible leader in my group (and I am merely meaning the tactics on field or so) Then we all say "thanks a lot" insert name... have a good laugh, and move on...
that is what separates units where you get a good laugh a enjoyable time from the ones where you would have to address your "superiors" with "sir yes sir"

The biggest mistake is to actually try to portray the behavior that a real military drill style environment expects from you. who want to be disciplined the entire time or punished by some guy that calls himself a captain on the internet and seen the drill  instructor scene from full metal jacket a bit too much.. If you start giving out punishments then that will be the actual cause for mutually assured disrespect and eventually conflicts. Its a gaming environment... we are not dealing with dogs that get a cookie after they done good or a slap on the nose if they done bad (well hold that last thought i guess lol)

I like to say in our group we have somewhat of a realistic setup. But at the beginning and end of the day I am just that same guy as the guy that has that Private tag. And if that Privates wants to lead for a round or map he can do so and he should be getting the chance to do so. Really that little tag that we all put in front of our name to say what rank we are its BS really... its all eye candy making your group look nice and organized etc...nothing more nothing less. Whenever people are starting to take it a bit to serious that is where they tend to go over the top and ruin it for others.

Punishment and reinforcement process applied to behavioral analysis? really? boy are you in for a treat the FSE community has people with the best social and behavioral skills...

I completely agree with what you say. Even your sarcasm at the end is brilliant. My only mistake is not communicating that our academy is everything you described and more. I would like to see you and your group sometime.

Different regiments, outfits, and groups participate in the academy. You can ask the academy to attend your event a week in advance. We become the responsibility of the contractor for that event.

Offline potus

• Donator
  • Official FSE President
    • View Profile
    • 87th Website
  • Nick: 87th_Foot_Maj_Potus
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 06:52:00 am »
Sure welcome anytime just shoot me a friend request.on steam
And no offense to your initiative here, if there is something that some people could use it is a behavioral crash course and some 'etiquette' regarding  running a group.
And I hope you do but I'm just afraid your not gonna catch a whole lot of fish here.

Offline zude

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 04:00:59 am »
I would love to see your regiment in our upcoming events. Here are my efforts to summarize the U.S Army Drill manual. You and all others are welcome to use it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232254518

Offline LastSpartan

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Åbo_Soldat_Spartan
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2016, 03:05:16 pm »
Here is a very different approach:

I am the one who week after week negotiates with other regiments for servers to play on.
I am the one who puts out all the event notifications, provide people with the server and the TeamSpeak to communicate on.
If it weren't for me there would not be trainings and linebattles every Friday and Sunday.
Therefore I have all the right to command people around and even shape the community to my liking be removing people that I personally don't like and award thosewho I do

This is the basis each and every regiment in this game originally formed upon.
Åbo = Turku

Offline zude

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2016, 04:03:22 pm »
Here is a very different approach:

I am the one who week after week negotiates with other regiments for servers to play on.
I am the one who puts out all the event notifications, provide people with the server and the TeamSpeak to communicate on.
If it weren't for me there would not be trainings and linebattles every Friday and Sunday.
Therefore I have all the right to command people around and even shape the community to my liking be removing people that I personally don't like and award thosewho I do

This is the basis each and every regiment in this game originally formed upon.

You have explained the current NW ethos perfectly. That approach garners contempt and ass-kissing. This combination will secretly poison your regiment.

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2016, 01:08:32 pm »
Having ranks that can be achieved and appointed is what poisons regiments.  Everything else is just icing on the cake.

The trick is to weigh who you're promoting with who you'll have unknowingly driven out of your regiment two weeks later due to their total frustration and disbelief that they were passed over for promotion, most likely by the very person in the Regiment that they hate the mostest with all their heart.

Or just not have ranks.  But we can't ALL be running an Intergalactic Space Regiment now can we?

That would be completely unrealistic.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 01:10:28 pm by Thundersnow »

Offline zude

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2016, 04:30:31 pm »
I agree. There is much more to be said about the covert behaviors of internet gamers. We really don't know the extent of damage that negative gossip is doing until one person stands up to you.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 04:34:20 pm by zude »

Offline zude

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Napoleonic Drill Instructors (Updated 11/8/2016)
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2016, 08:05:59 pm »
We want to make a video clip for each section of our drill manual.

One sponsorship contract is available for regiments that facilitate this effort; $50 a month.

Pm me.

EDIT: contract expired. We now have videos in our drill manual.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 07:49:38 pm by zude »

Offline DasBrot

• Major
  • Inventor of NWL, Leader of 6te
    • View Profile
Re: Napoleonic Drill Instructors (Sponsorship available)
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2016, 01:34:13 am »
what

Offline zude

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Napoleonic Drill Instructors (Sponsorship available)
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2016, 07:04:00 pm »
I am offering to sponsor 2 regiments. One contract is available to any regiment after they help me produce 4 instructional videos about the U.S. drill manual. I want to enhance every section of my drill guide using short examples of voice and performance. The other contract will be revealed when NDI events begin.

Monthly renewal is contingent on the following rules:
  • Provide a minimum of 8 volunteers for every video production event.
  • Provide a minimum of 20 players to attend every NDI event.
  • Do not troll, grief, or provoke toxic behavior in any event.

EDIT: This contract has expired. The drill manual now has videos.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 07:49:03 pm by zude »

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Napoleonic Drill Instructors (Updated 11/8/2016)
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2016, 02:16:40 pm »
We want to make a video clip for each section of our drill manual.

One sponsorship contract is available for regiments that facilitate this effort; $50 a month.

Pm me.

let the hunger games begin

Offline zude

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Napoleonic Drill Instructors (Event coming soon)
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 03:01:17 am »

The guide was updated with videos that were produced by a CAP squadron. Airforce nomenclature (squadron/flight/element/detail) can be replaced with army names (company/platoon/squad/fireteam.)

Events are coming soon with monthly prizes of up to $100 USD.