Author Topic: Regiment Power Index (RPI) EU Rankings [Important Notice]  (Read 30143 times)

Offline RPI

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Regiment Power Index (RPI) EU Rankings [Important Notice]
« on: March 17, 2015, 10:49:21 pm »
Hello Community! Over the years many have tried valiantly to list/rank the regiments which collectively make up our vibrant community. However these attempts often take a general overview, combined with personal favouritism, to make a rough judgement. The Regiment Power Index (RPI) seeks to rank regiments in a quantifiable manner by using in-game statistics enrolled within a formula. If you want to find out any more about the formula then look at the bottom of this post.

The recent move towards competitive game play (leagues and tournaments etc.) within the community now means that a wealth of recorded 1v1 results are available to use. The RPI seeks to take advantage of this by using a highly scientific formula (not really) and rank who the best of the best is every couple of months. It should be noted though that the system is currently in its initial stages and as such, only 28 regiments have had there results calculated. In the future I hope to expand this to as many regiments as possible. If you have any criticism and guidance then please say so below. Collectively we should be able to make the best system possible. If I have made any mistakes with flags/names then please let me know aswell.

1.91st (Argyllshire Highlanders) Regiment of Foot47.97
2.15th (Yorkshire East Riding) Regiment of Foot36.72
3.77y Pehotniy Polk36.68
4.Spartans31.41
5.Kaiserlich-Königliche Armee31.32
6.Königin Augusta Garde-Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 425.97
7.12. Pułk Piechoty21.50
8.5. Pułk Piechoty20.88
9.4e Regiment d'infanterie de Ligne "The Impetuous"18.26
10.59th (2nd Nottinghamshire) Regiment of Foot16.72
11.63ème Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne13.74
12.33rd (First Yorkshire West Riding) Regiment of Foot 12.33
13.3rd (East Kent) Regiment of Foot ("The Buffs")11.95
14.27y Finlandskiy Pehotniy Polk10.70
15.16e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne10.45
16.6te Garde Grenadier Regiment9.13
17.2. Leib-Husaren Regiment9.06
18.82nd Regiment of Foot (Prince of Wales's Volunteers)7.30
19.23e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne7.25
20.Preobrazhensky Leib-Guardii Polk7.1

The foundation stone of the formula is one basic multiplication, S x I x T. S stands for the 'score of the match'. If a team wins 7:3 then the winning team gets 7 and losing team gets 3. I stands for the 'importance of the match'. This category should be expanded in the future but for now it consists of two levels. NWL Premier League matches have a value of 1.2 whereas 2nd League matches have a value of 1. This is currently under scrutiny and may be slightly increased/decreased in the future. So if we take the team that won (imagine they were in the premier league) the current formula looks like 7 x 1.2 x T. The T stands for 'team difficulty'. This is a multiplier which applies different values to different teams dependent upon their previous RPI score divided by four. For example the 'Carrot Regiment of Foot' are the best team and have a multiplier of 6 whereas the 'Mushroom Regiment of Foot' is not so great and has a multiplier of 2. So if the previously mentioned team gets 7 points against the 'Mushrooms' it would look like 7 x 1.2 x 2 which equals 16.6, this is their total match points. Over a period, typically 2 months, a regiments match points are all added up together and divided by the amount they play which equals their RPI score. As I said in the introduction this formula is open to change as I am sure there are problems with it so if you had any criticism then please post it below! :-)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 06:29:58 pm by RPI »
The air of England is too pure for a slave to breathe, and so everyone who breathes it becomes free. Everyone who comes to this island is entitled to the protection of English law, whatever oppression he may have suffered and whatever may be the colour of his skin.

William Murray, 1st Earl of Mansfield, British judge, speaking on slavery, 1772

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Regiment Power Index (RPI) EU Rankings
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 10:50:28 pm »
Interesting..Very interesting..
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Peter Broetz

• Brigadier General
  • batteries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 10:59:56 pm »
K-KA best eu.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 11:06:24 pm »
Alright.

Offline Gared

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Yusuf
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 02:49:00 am »
This is good and should be kept

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 02:53:19 am »
This is good and should be kept
I would agree, But there are some regiments who shouldnt be so high up or there at all :P

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 02:56:01 am »
This is great. However, you might want to rank some NA regiments... this seems very EU centralized.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 02:57:01 am »
This is great. However, you might want to rank some NA regiments... this seems very EU centralized.
It says EU rankings in the title xD

Offline Fungus

• Major
  • The original shrigma male
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jr Pet Detective Fungus
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 02:57:47 am »
Definitely some tweaking needed imo, however it is nice to see the K-KA on top

Ladies and Gents, who am I kidding, Spotty obese nerds of the NW community I present, Canadian Logic
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:00:13 am by Fungus »
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 03:00:54 am »
(Pretends he read that before)

Ladies and Gents, who am I kidding, Spotty obese nerds of the NW community I present, Canadian Logic
Tmw, I might just take a paper and calculator and do the NA rankings! This seems really well done and informative.
Pls Fungus, i'll rek u m8
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:05:04 am by Theodin »

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 03:04:33 am »
Basing it entirely on numbers is the wrong way to go about it.

Offline Fungus

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 03:08:37 am »
Spoiler
(Pretends he read that before)

Tmw, I might just take a paper and calculator and do the NA rankings! This seems really well done and informative.
Pls Fungus, i'll rek u m8
[close]
1v1 me NA gf rite now kid

Basing it entirely on numbers is the wrong way to go about it.
I have to disagree, this is supposed to be a list of the regiment's competitive coefficient in which case doing it with numbers is exactly the way to go about it. If However the regiments were being ranked on other traits like their welcoming attitude, their PR with other regiments or their ability to recruit, then it would be a different story 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:12:42 am by Fungus »
Listen to me big fat red haired spastic, you don't have half of my intelectual capacity, you are a fucking brain less animal, i think your mother throwed you on a wall when you were a baby and this is why you have the same brain as a monkey,
You understand nothing, this is why you are working at 20, because your brain did not allowed you to go to school to grab a decent degree, being toxic on a video game is not the same as being retarded, you should try to do some maths exercices because remember you can't even count to 10 if you remember one of the recent tournament, so now go threat your gambling addiction before your mom kick you out of her house.
And you should also go in an asylum, you get triggered by a fucking game and go in depression, deleting everyone on Steam and setting your profile as private, you cunt.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 03:11:49 am »
I'll rek youI'm too tired.

Offline Fungus

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2015, 03:13:14 am »
I'll rek youI'm too tired.

Fungus 10 - 0 Theodin

thanks for the duels m5

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2015, 03:14:33 am »
Cool concepts seems like an annoying list to maintain though.