Author Topic: 79th Regiment of Foot "Queen's Own" Cameron Highlanders [NA](6 Years & Growing!)  (Read 45550 times)

Offline Modernassassin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [79th]Col_Modernassassin
  • Side: Union

The 79th Cameron Highlanders is a highly disciplined and structured North American regiment. We strive to be the best force on the battlefield by giving the dirty Frenchies the cold steel into the groin. The 79th uses a historically accurate ranks of the British military for the time. We here at the 79th have a core of very skilled players, but we are delighted to welcome to players that are willing to learn. Here in the 79th we strict record of attendance to ensure the best attendance possible for our events, so we expect each player to attend every event/training we have so we can see who is/isn't ready for an advancement in the regiment. Those that show high skill levels and overall that over excel in the eyes of the officers may expect a quicker promotion. So if you are looking for a disciplined and active regiment the 79th Cameron Highlanders is for you!

The 79th Cameron Highlanders. From Formation to 1881

Formation, 1793

The regiment was raised as the 79th Regiment of Foot (Cameronian Volunteers) on August 17, 1793 at Fort William from among the members of the Clan Cameron by Sir Allan Cameron of Erracht. Originally on the Irish establishment, it became part of the British Army in 1804, and in 1806 it was renamed as the 79th Regiment of Foot (Cameron Highlanders).
On raising, it was decided that the red-based Cameron tartan would not be used, and instead a new design was devised. The Cameron of Erracht tartan was based on the MacDonald sett with the addition of a yellow line from the Cameron tartan, and the omission of three red lines found in that of MacDonald.

Cameron Tartan

Sir Allan Cameron of Erracht

French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars

The 79th Cameron Highlanders fighting at the battle of Waterloo

The regiment was formed at the height of the French Revolutionary Wars, and moved to the Netherlands in 1794 where it took part in an unsuccessful campaign, before being evacuated back to Great Britain. On its return the 79th Foot was listed for disbandment, with the men being drafted into other units. In the end the regiment was reprieved, being instead posted to the West Indies in 1795. After a two-year tour the 79th were on garrison duties in England and Guernsey until 1799.
In 1799 the regiment was again in action against the French in Holland, as part of the Helder Campaign. On October 2, 1799 it took part in its first major battle at Egmont-op-Zee. At the end of the campaign the 79th returned to England. In 1800 the 79th was part of a force that took part in a failed assault on the Spanish coast at Ferrol.
In March 1801 the 79th Foot landed at Aboukir Bay, Egypt as part of an expeditionary force to prevent French control of the land route to India. After victories at Mandora and Alexandria, the British forces forced the surrender of the French forces at Cairo. Along with other regiments that took part in the Egyptian campaign the 79th Foot were henceforth permitted to bear a sphinx superscribed EGYPT on its colours and badges.
The 79th spent the next few years in Minorca and the United Kingdom without coming under fire. A second battalion was formed in 1804, as a draft-finding unit. The 1st Battalion took part in an engagement at Copenhagen, Denmark in 1807, before returning to England.
In 1808 the 79th Foot moved to Portugal, moving to Spain in the following year and participating in several major battles of the Peninsular War:
Corunna in 1809,
Busaco and the defence of Cadiz in 1810,
Fuentes d'Onor in 1811,
The Battle of Salamanca, the occupation of Madrid and the siege of Burgos in 1812,
the Battles of the Pyrenees, Nivelle, Nive in 1813
The Battle of Toulouse in 1814
Following the abdication of Napoleon in 1814, the regiment moved to Cork, Ireland. However, with the return of Napoleon from exile, the 79th Foot travelled to Belgium in May, 1815. The regiment took part in the final battles of the Napoleonic Wars at Quatre Bras and Waterloo in June.

1815-1881

The next forty years were quiet for the regiment. The 79th Foot remained in France as part of the army of occupation until 1818. The 2nd Battalion was disbanded in 1815. Over the next few decades the 79th provided garrisons in the UK, Canada and Gibraltar.War with Russia broke out in 1854, and the 79th sailed from Portsmouth to Scutari where they became part of the Highland Brigade. The regiment fought at the Battles of Alma, Balaclava and Sevastopol.
A memorial to their losses is erected in Dean Cemetery, Edinburgh.After briefly returning to the UK, the 79th sailed to India to take part in the suppression of the Sepoy Rebellion. The regiment took part in the Capture of Lucknow in 1858. In the following year, as part of the Rohilkand Field Force, the 79th fought at the Battle of Bareilly. The regiment stayed in India until 1871.The regiment returned to the UK in 1871. On April 17, 1873 Queen Victoria presented the regiment with new colours at Parkhurst, Isle of Wight, and directed they should in future be known as the "Queen's Own". Consequently they became the 79th Regiment, The Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders. The regiment's dark green facings, worn since 1793, were replaced with royal blue. The regiment moved to Gibraltar in 1879.On July 1, 1881 the 79th foot was redesignated as 1st Battalion The Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders, the county regiment of Inverness-shire. The Camerons were the only infantry regiment to have a single regular battalion. The 1881 reforms also combined the militia and rifle volunteers of the county with the 79th Foot, becoming the 2nd (Militia) Battalion and the 1st (1st Inverness-shire Highland) Volunteer Battalion. In 1897 a 2nd regular battalion was raised, and the Militia battalion was renumbered to 3rd. In 1886, the new depot for the regiment, Cameron Barracks, was completed in Inverness by the Royal Engineers.

Sergeant of the 79th Cameron Highlanders during this time period of the regiment
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 07:32:14 pm by Modernassassin »

Offline Modernassassin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: 79th Regiment of Foot "Queen's Own" Cameron Highlanders [NA]
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 05:31:21 am »
NOTE: This is a continuation for the 79th Cameron Highlanders but with a different forum manager since Noodlenrice has left the regiment

Roster                                                                 

Officers
Colonel: Modernassassin
Lieutenant Colonel:Dave
Major: ZachtheGuy
Captain: Chester
Lieutenant:
Second Lieutenant:
Ensign: Toxicgamer

Non-Commissioned Officer's

Regimental Serjeant Major: GodsMistake
Serjeant Major: Archer
Color Serjeant: Toxicgamer
Serjeant: Joshalo
Serjeant: Frosty
Serjeant: Mjtheko
Master Corporal: Masa
Corporal: Sloth
Corporal: Swan
Corporal:
Corporal: Sockedd*

Enlisted

Lance Corporal: Alamotom
Lance Corporal: Falcor
Lance Corporal: Eighteen Rabbit
Lance Corporal:
Regular:Armystrong
Regular: Wulfiee
Regular: Crisis Avenger
Regular: Towie
Regular: Bsantini
Private : Donald
Private: Romanius
Private: Immortal
Private: Adieov
Private: Colts
Private: Homeslice

Skrimishers/Artillery

Artillery

Artillery Leader: Modernassassin
Artillery Shooter: Modernassassin
Artillery Shooter: Dave/Shadeslayer
Artillery Reloader: Zachtheguy
Artillery Reloader: Bsantini
Artillery Train: Dave
Artillery Train: Rdm
Artillery Guard: (Any line/Skirm Volunteers)
Artillery Guard Leader: Joshalo

Reserves

Major:Dafilosfur
Second Lieutenant: Bandit
Private: Shax
Private: Reaper

Rank Structure
Officers
Colonel-Command of the Regiment   Col
Lieutenant Colonel-Assists the Colonel
command the regiment and does broad
administration for the Regiment
   LtCol
Major-Commands the Battalions and
keeps the records
   Maj
Captain-Command of the Company;
Handles administrative and field duty
with their companies
   Cpt
Lieutenant-Assists the Captain
with his duties for their company
   Lt
Ensign-Officer in training   Ens
NCOs
Serjeant Major-Enforces PTS
 for the entire regiment
   SjtMaj
Colour Serjeant-Carries the colours
into battle
   CSjt
Serjeant-Enforces Discipline in the
regiment
   Sjt
Corporal-Ensures that the enlisted understand the formations   Cpl
Enlisted
Lance Corporal-The best of the best
enlisted that are ready for promotion
to a rank of responsibility
   LCpl
Private-Knows the formations
well and are the core of the regiment
   Pte
Recruit-The person that is to not expected to know
the full extent of formations and are
not expected to have a good skills set
   Rec

[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

Contact Info

TS Address:79threg.servebeer.com
Steam- https://steamcommunity.com/id/Modernassassin315
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 03:32:15 am by Modernassassin »

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 05:39:17 am »
Good luck on your new path, did he leave tonight?

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 05:40:11 am »
You are welcome for the thread and Good Luck with continuing the regiment without me. do great things

No I left 4 weeks  ago

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 09:40:52 am »
I love how your still using my thread when I'm banned from 7NA many times by you guys, but hey it looks sexeh so keep it xD

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Gojkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 11:04:38 am »
Great looking thread. Best of luck! :)

Offline Noodlenrice

• Major
  • King of Nam'
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Pte_Noodlenrice
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 04:27:58 pm »
I love how your still using my thread when I'm banned from 7NA many times by you guys, but hey it looks sexeh so keep it xD

You are always unbanned anyway by byebye. but just dont go to there part of the ts and they wont ban you lel

Other than that I let them use the thread cause It was smexy I agree

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 05:28:36 pm »
All my friends are there so naw D:

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Ribs

• Second Lieutenant
  • you are a massive cunt :^)
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ribs
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 05:35:02 pm »
Good luck guys  ;D

Offline Pajti

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 05:37:30 pm »
Good luck!

Offline DrByeBYe

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I like to spam feints and get the Hate + Love
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sike!
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 07:16:41 pm »

You are always unbanned anyway by byebye. but just dont go to there part of the ts and they wont ban you lel

Other than that I let them use the thread cause It was smexy I agree
I dont unban him, he gets the 12e annoyed as well lol
"That which does not kill me can only make me stronger. I don’t see why everybody feel as though that they gotta tell me how to live my life"
- Tupac

Offline Alfred

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alfred
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 07:35:04 pm »
 best of luck from 1stCSG, hope to see u on the field sometime   :D

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 08:54:37 pm »
Good luck 79th  :)
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Modernassassin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 11:12:45 pm »
Thanks all for GL's.

Offline Modernassassin

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile