Author Topic: Developer Blog #3 - Revival Plans, Iron Europe 2.0  (Read 50156 times)

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
Re: Developer Blog #3 - Revival Plans, Iron Europe 2.0
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2014, 08:46:09 am »
My dear Klaringos, your post seems to be exactly what you posted some weeks ago.

At release IE, had a shitload of problems. Now, some of them fixed, it still has more.
I abandoned it soon after release, but some of my "complaints" were:
Lag above 120 players- Only two factions with not a great number of troops between the two - Lag - OP snipers - OP pistols/revolvers at medium range (so accurate and no bullet drop? Why? ) - Lag - Reasonable variety of maps, but nothing earthshattering - overwhelming focus on Conquest mode - Lag - Trolls who threw grenades into packed trenches and left, gettng tens of teamkills at once - Lag - Medics, and loss of health if injured (led to even more trolling) - Lag - No Naval maps (say sea invasions like GALLIPOLI and the Anzacs, for example) - Lag - No melee at all, and the little needed in the trenches mostly was fucked due to the lag - No admins on the less populated servers - rapid community disinterest after a few days - Lag.

I hope this mod picks up a bit... before Warband dies as a game :D
I do believe we have all understood why Iron Europe sucked so badly, but why dont you start changing your mind yourself, instead of complaining the entire day? The Development Team is actually putting some effort into getting some sort of community back for this mod by organizing events, releasing Developer blogs and actively playing on the Official servers. In fact, there has been a good response from the players, and the server population has been steadily increasing throughout the last few weeks. Also some new regiments have started getting back to training on official servers, and we're trying to help them by putting servers at the players' disposal. Why don't you help you, and spread some good publicity too instead of complaining?  "Want something done good? Do it yourself!". Before i forget, the surrender animation, along with a few other "RP" animations have been implemented in 1.21 patch.

How thoughtful of you to quote that here, Danielle.
I'm aware that this mod's community has picked up, yet, for obvious reasons, I will not advertise or promote anything which I havent even played. You have others to lie on your behalf.
When/If the I.E. 2.0 patch comes out, marking, hopefully, a new era for the mod, then I will try it, give feedback, tell my classmates about it, host a huge billboard on the highways displaying it, write to the media to inform them, etc. etc. But for now, you have work to do, and sadly the mod is far from puurfect.

Im sure that any feedback I could possibly give has already been mentioned on this glorious board somewhere, so, well, happy coding I suppose. Im curious to see if and how this mod can be saved.

Spoiler
Pr0 T1p: Do not set the friendly fire to 100% on public servers, ever. Or you will see the largest influx of trolls ever known to our community.
[close]

You make no sense. At firsts you say that this mod is bad and complain about the lag, and then you say you didnt even play it yet? Wtf?

Also... There is no lagg anymore. Test it out. Ive seen a server with 170 players run just fine.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2014, 02:11:10 pm »
Dear Klaringos,

First of all, I appreciate that you played the mod and for the feedback.
Now, the fact that you haven't played the mod after the first release, means that your feedback is outdated, therefor we cannot really use it as any form of information for us to change the mod. Many changes have been done to the mod AFTER release.

Our goal is not to lie to the community. On the contrary we try to keep it realistic and try to bring the features into the mod. Ofcourse this was the first mod to include such a type of warfare. Therefor we wanted to first bring the basics. Before including any form of vehicles or new features, since we didn't want to bring a broken mod.

Yes our mod did end up laggy and buggy, but keep in mind that we just broke open the engine for new features. Thanks to the effort of FSE we have managed to fix a few bugs and the lag. Naturally we are working on making it better.

I would suggest you try the mod again and give us a more updated feedback, which we would appreciate.
The first modder for NW.

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2014, 02:55:20 pm »
Dear Klaringos,

Now, the fact that you haven't played the mod after the first release, means that your feedback is outdated, therefor we cannot really use it as any form of information for us to change the mod. Many changes have been done to the mod AFTER release.

Our goal is not to lie to the community. On the contrary we try to keep it realistic and try to bring the features into the mod. Ofcourse this was the first mod to include such a type of warfare. Therefor we wanted to first bring the basics. Before including any form of vehicles or new features, since we didn't want to bring a broken mod.

Yes our mod did end up laggy and buggy, but keep in mind that we just broke open the engine for new features. Thanks to the effort of FSE we have managed to fix a few bugs and the lag. Naturally we are working on making it better.

I would suggest you try the mod again and give us a more updated feedback, which we would appreciate.

I would suggest that he tries Monday nights. I run the pubber squad and would be more than happy to accept anyone wanting to try an event out.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 01, 2014, 05:03:08 pm »
Dear Klaringos,

I would suggest that he tries Monday nights. I run the pubber squad and would be more than happy to accept anyone wanting to try an event out.

Kewl, will do. A few people in my regiment play in that event, so I'll download the latest patch and try it out once in a while.

Spoiler
Btw Beta seriously trying to change a name to try to mock the user, when you don't even know what it means, is pathetic, like your mod was at launch. Klaringos is not that good an approximation to KL4R1N0G4MPR0S, anyway. Give it some more thought and find a new, funnier twist, please. My head hurts from the facedesking.
[close]

My dear Klaringos, your post seems to be exactly what you posted some weeks ago.

At release IE, had a shitload of problems. Now, some of them fixed, it still has more.
I abandoned it soon after release, but some of my "complaints" were:
Lag above 120 players- Only two factions with not a great number of troops between the two - Lag - OP snipers - OP pistols/revolvers at medium range (so accurate and no bullet drop? Why? ) - Lag - Reasonable variety of maps, but nothing earthshattering - overwhelming focus on Conquest mode - Lag - Trolls who threw grenades into packed trenches and left, gettng tens of teamkills at once - Lag - Medics, and loss of health if injured (led to even more trolling) - Lag - No Naval maps (say sea invasions like GALLIPOLI and the Anzacs, for example) - Lag - No melee at all, and the little needed in the trenches mostly was fucked due to the lag - No admins on the less populated servers - rapid community disinterest after a few days - Lag.

I hope this mod picks up a bit... before Warband dies as a game :D
I do believe we have all understood why Iron Europe sucked so badly, but why dont you start changing your mind yourself, instead of complaining the entire day? The Development Team is actually putting some effort into getting some sort of community back for this mod by organizing events, releasing Developer blogs and actively playing on the Official servers. In fact, there has been a good response from the players, and the server population has been steadily increasing throughout the last few weeks. Also some new regiments have started getting back to training on official servers, and we're trying to help them by putting servers at the players' disposal. Why don't you help you, and spread some good publicity too instead of complaining?  "Want something done good? Do it yourself!". Before i forget, the surrender animation, along with a few other "RP" animations have been implemented in 1.21 patch.

How thoughtful of you to quote that here, Danielle.
I'm aware that this mod's community has picked up, yet, for obvious reasons, I will not advertise or promote anything which I havent even played. You have others to lie on your behalf.
When/If the I.E. 2.0 patch comes out, marking, hopefully, a new era for the mod, then I will try it, give feedback, tell my classmates about it, host a huge billboard on the highways displaying it, write to the media to inform them, etc. etc. But for now, you have work to do, and sadly the mod is far from puurfect.

Im sure that any feedback I could possibly give has already been mentioned on this glorious board somewhere, so, well, happy coding I suppose. Im curious to see if and how this mod can be saved.

Spoiler
Pr0 T1p: Do not set the friendly fire to 100% on public servers, ever. Or you will see the largest influx of trolls ever known to our community.
[close]

You make no sense. At firsts you say that this mod is bad and complain about the lag, and then you say you didnt even play it yet? Wtf?

Also... There is no lagg anymore. Test it out. Ive seen a server with 170 players run just fine.

Sadly discussion, unlike coding, doesn't seem to be one of your strong suits. I said that I tried the mod at launch, and it lagged like hell. It doesn't now? That's Great.  Now we can move onto the server crashing issue.

Saying that a mod is pushing the boundaries etc etc is a nice thing to claim with pride to new players, but doesn't mean shit to anyone else. If you can't experience a mod at it's fullest, and your experience is tainted by technical issues, then the improvement/advance is irrelevant. Hopefully, if IE, as a mod, has overcome it's issues, then you guys can focus on bringing the community back, showing how groundbreaking the new features truly are.
F.I. 2, for example, wouldn't be as popular as it is to the Native crowd if it still ran like arse. Happily, IE, at least according to the devs, is well past that stage...
<3

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2014, 06:34:44 pm »
Sorry about that, I'm not able to read leet text that well... I was not making fun of your name...
Calling me pathetic and this mod aswell is not helping your case with the devs or moderators. So please keep it civil.
The irony, I was about to edit my ignore list.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:37:43 pm by Betaknight »
The first modder for NW.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2014, 06:37:14 pm »
You didn't play the current version did you? My argument stays and is valid.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2014, 09:35:17 pm »

Just did. Event Server crashes at 8:31 pm, although, admittedly, there was not that much lag (about 70-80 players when I was online)

EDIT: Server with like 40-50 players crashes at 20:43 pm. DanyEle calls it a night.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:44:24 pm by KL4R1N0G4MPR0S »
<3

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 01, 2014, 09:56:13 pm »

Just did. Event Server crashes at 8:31 pm, although, admittedly, there was not that much lag (about 70-80 players when I was online)

EDIT: Server with like 40-50 players crashes at 20:43 pm. DanyEle calls it a night.

we are trying to fix this..

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 01, 2014, 10:11:16 pm »

we are trying to fix this..
I know :D
<3

Offline Mercuri

• Second Lieutenant
  • Spanish King's Walloon Guard
    • View Profile
    • Comunidad Gamer Hispana
  • Nick: 2aBH_Mercuri / 5thFL_JacksonTeller
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2014, 01:12:27 pm »
Its dead? Another time...

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2014, 03:03:34 am »
no it lives

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #161 on: November 11, 2014, 10:31:52 pm »
no it lives
But the title says "Revival plans" wich then would probably mean that they're trying to revive something that is dead?

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2014, 12:25:48 am »
This mod had such great hope...

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2014, 07:18:31 am »
Except we owe you nothing. You should be ashamed for making such a stupid post.

I'll make a statement on what's going on with the mod soon.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2014, 08:54:52 am »
Except we owe you nothing. You should be ashamed for making such a stupid post.
Whoa....
<3