Author Topic: Iron Europe Official US  (Read 7529 times)

Offline Gunny

• Donator
  • Nothing to fear but fear its self... and spiders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEPI Major Guny
  • Side: Neutral
Iron Europe Official US
« on: February 15, 2014, 02:06:17 am »
Welcome to the thread for the Iron Europe official US servers.

Rules
- Do not make derogatory remarks to other players or regiments on the server, or about players who may not be on the server. This includes, but is not limited to, racist, sexist, homophobic and bigoted insults, as well as personal attacks and harassment.

- Do not intentionally wound or kill members of your own team (this includes their horses also).

- Do not harass or argue with admins. In the event that you are unhappy with an admins behaviour or ruling on a matter, please take a record and appeal to Gunny.

- Do not impersonate any other individual or group. Doing so will be treated harshly, regardless of intention or excuse.

- A regiment may advertise once per map, regardless of how many rounds are played on it. This applies to advertisements, both general and individual.

- Do not delay.

- Do not troll with engineer works.

- Artillery pieces operate on the principle of ‘first come, first serve’. The player that reaches a piece first then ‘owns’ that piece for the round, but must yield to another cannoneer, if any, in the next round.

- Any sort of behavior that results in unwelcome responses will be dealt with i.e. trolling/annoyance.

- Any action that warrants unfair game-play is not permitted such as glitching, hacking or cheating.

- Any European language is permitted, spam on the other hand is not.

- Admins have the final decision in any case.

- It is your responsibility to know the server rules and abide by them.

- Belonging to a specific group responsible of breaking rules, can possibly make anyone within that group to become liable.

Lovingly ripped from the official FSE server rules.
[close]

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 09:11:16 am by KArantukki »

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Iron Europe Official US
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 10:47:56 pm »
Is there a way to apply for admin? When admins aren't on there is a crazy amount of tking going on.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 11:07:24 pm »
Great server. Love that it has some of the excellent folk from the NA1 admin staff
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Gunny

• Donator
  • Nothing to fear but fear its self... and spiders
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEPI Major Guny
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 06:15:57 pm »
Yes killington, we're putting out our feelers right now, but I hope to have a thread up for that soon.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 02:40:05 pm »
Is there a way to apply for admin? When admins aren't on there is a crazy amount of tking going on.
Don't worry I'm here :)

Great server. Love that it has some of the excellent folk from the NA1 admin staff

Ikr, I mean... come on, I'm best admin...
Spoiler
:'( No I'm not, still learning the PA way
[close]
The first modder for NW.

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 04:00:26 pm »
Don't worry I'm here :)

Ikr, I mean... come on, I'm best admin...
Spoiler
:'( No I'm not, still learning the PA way
[close]

Beta worst admin ever.... Gunny plz take his admin away!
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 04:07:19 pm »
No me, I made first ban on a guy named Adolf Hitler!

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 04:13:49 pm »
No me, I made first ban on a guy named Adolf Hitler!

Hitler fought in WW1...  Since you banned him he won't be in WW1, which in the words of Millander.... "That's not historically accurate."
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline animal_boom

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 06:23:14 am »
There's been a lot of talk on the server about adding more maps to the rotation, is there any chance of that happening?

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 07:43:58 am »
There is. We actually have a ton more maps but the list is unupdated. We apologize, you guys must be getting tired of the same three maps.

Offline animal_boom

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 08:15:49 am »
There is. We actually have a ton more maps but the list is unupdated. We apologize, you guys must be getting tired of the same three maps.

Yessss, awesome! I'll be sure to pass the word on. And you know how we players like to gripe about stuff, haha.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:22:37 am by animal_boom »

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 08:39:40 am »

I think the great problem is there not a big enough pool to pull as far as admins and late night game there are ZERO admins around, from me and my guys just did about 70 or so hours on the offical server WE see that ppl have chosen to put Belgian forest 2 times night and fog, I don't want to insult this map maker but I would change the brigde part as a whole. I'd hate to see ppl be slow to make good use of the 20 maps when the offical servers use 3. If u need help with the server file or anything of that matter let me know I'd be happy to help or PM's or email

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 12:59:35 am »
One big problem with most maps is that most of the time their is a pattern. For example, Belgian Forest, each side captures two points, and that's it for capturing bases. It just erupts into a bunch of fights in the forest, but no actual capping.

I feel like there needs to be a bigger punishment to dying, kinda like Battle, but still with a respawn. In the way it is now, it feels more like a constant deathmatch than it is capturing enemy points. I'd think 40 seconds or any where around that for a respawn time would help. Now there are some maps that are quite good and allow for capturing bases and each team changing capture points, but they are in the minority I believe.

Offline Sivart

• Private
  • Leader of the 13te.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 08:17:26 pm »

I think the great problem is there not a big enough pool to pull as far as admins and late night game there are ZERO admins around, from me and my guys just did about 70 or so hours on the offical server WE see that ppl have chosen to put Belgian forest 2 times night and fog, I don't want to insult this map maker but I would change the brigde part as a whole. I'd hate to see ppl be slow to make good use of the 20 maps when the offical servers use 3. If u need help with the server file or anything of that matter let me know I'd be happy to help or PM's or email

The original problem was that a good amount of maps were badly glitched and had to be removed. At least, that's what I heard. The list should be updated pretty soon. As for the admin issue, you see there is  a thread up for applications. Although, it does take time to review these applications and obviously they can't be accepted immediately.

One big problem with most maps is that most of the time their is a pattern. For example, Belgian Forest, each side captures two points, and that's it for capturing bases. It just erupts into a bunch of fights in the forest, but no actual capping.

I feel like there needs to be a bigger punishment to dying, kinda like Battle, but still with a respawn. In the way it is now, it feels more like a constant deathmatch than it is capturing enemy points. I'd think 40 seconds or any where around that for a respawn time would help. Now there are some maps that are quite good and allow for capturing bases and each team changing capture points, but they are in the minority I believe.

I feel like 30 seconds is a good time. When the map rotation gets updated, this won't be an issue. If it even is an issue. There will be plenty of maps you can run around for a few minutes on before you die. It won't hurt to have a 'deathmatch-like' map ever so often to change things up a bit.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2014, 01:01:17 am »
There is an obscene amount of teamkilling that happens in the servers and there is never an admin on to deal with it. I think there should really be more admins - or at least some active admins for the servers because I've seen one person with admin powers and he's never on - especially when he's needed.

There is rampant teamkilling going on, this was just a small fraction of the mass tk that some players were committing today
[close]