Author Topic: NA1 Revival Program  (Read 10069 times)

Offline DarkKnight

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NA1 Revival Program
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 07:03:20 pm »
Like I said in the steam group unless something is done about certain admins people will still look to other servers to play. They won't admit it but they are the reason the server died. There's definitely a need to ban certain players but when your player base was dying they continued to perm and temp ban over stupid reasons which caused people to gravitate away. I'm not saying you need to remove the current admins but something needs to change in the way certain ones like Xethos act toward the community without any oversight or punishment for going ban happy. Update or change the maps as well. Maybe start a poll to bring back some of the old maps that use to be on the server. The current rotation is meh at best. Ask the community of players what they want instead of relying on one admins decisions on maps. Cause obviously that worked out well.

Offline No This is Patrick

• Sergeant
  • For the Sultan!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Sil]Sultan_NoThisIsPatrick
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 07:51:34 pm »
Thunderstormer banned a guy who had 400 ping for teamkilling. The whole server went wtf. Pretty sure it was a tempban but still, wtf. Lol xD

And woo! NA1 Revival Party!!! I'll add it to the schedule.
[14th]Rkt,  [1aSvea]Vrvts,  MoskovGren_Ryad,  PrinzCarl_Kpl,  [PSG]Maj, [Sil]Sultan

Offline DarkKnight

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 10:53:51 pm »
I said it in the past and i'll say it again. Not a lot of people enjoy battle game mode for casual playing.

For how much people talk about loving NA1 from the past they seem to forget how bad it was back in the day when people would camp the entire round and if you died really early on, you had to sit around till the round was over cause of all the camping. That just isn't fun, especially if you got shot 2-3 times early on per map, ruins the fun. However, in Thunderstormer's defense of NA1 he did remove a lot of those maps.

NA1 with lives instead of rounds and a set timer, 10ish minutes with 5 lives would be a lot better than 5 rounds 1 life. I don't know if that is even possible, but that is a reason people tend to go to siege servers, because they can play more. But that is just my opinion.

This is definitely a good idea. Maybe even team death match? They reduced the round time limits which helped cause it definitely use to be like 10 or 12 minutes per round which caused some of the delaying.

Offline SillyWilly

• Sergeant Major
  • 1v1 me na cav gf n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 11:31:08 pm »
I said it in the past and i'll say it again. Not a lot of people enjoy battle game mode for casual playing.

For how much people talk about loving NA1 from the past they seem to forget how bad it was back in the day when people would camp the entire round and if you died really early on, you had to sit around till the round was over cause of all the camping. That just isn't fun, especially if you got shot 2-3 times early on per map, ruins the fun. However, in Thunderstormer's defense of NA1 he did remove a lot of those maps.

NA1 with lives instead of rounds and a set timer, 10ish minutes with 5 lives would be a lot better than 5 rounds 1 life. I don't know if that is even possible, but that is a reason people tend to go to siege servers, because they can play more. But that is just my opinion.
I think you would be correct, if it weren't for the fact that Napoleonic Role Play server gets 200 people and is on battle mode. And they can keep that 150-200 throughout prime time.

As the steam group description says, NA1 was also a lot about the chill people and the bantz on it. The whole server would go in an uproar when TheShahsMan would start a political conversation, lol.

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 11:43:22 pm »
I don't think I stated what I/Silly were trying to say xD

What we want this to be about is that people just simply be like "Hey! Now that the line battle is over lets go have some chill fun on NA1!" Not necessarily being a set time and date. We hope that it spreads to other days(maybe even all 7), but for now, we need a set date to go on and play and get it populated. Obviously if we did it on different days of the week at first, there would only be 10-20 or so people on, as opposed to a possible hundo on a set night.

Speaking of which NA1 party tomorrow starting after events and such!

Offline MapleSyrupSmugler

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2017, 04:02:09 am »
Bring back jungle justice for tk'rs and to stop all the bans we should increase thunder's salary of $100 per ban to $150 per ban so he won't do it as often.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 04:06:21 am by MapleSyrupSmugler »

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2017, 04:35:48 am »
I am publicly endorsing this. We need this to happen to keep this community alive.

On the matter of the 63e, I don't think anyone here has any personal hatred towards the members of that regiment, however, it is undeniable that their regiment is having a negative impact on this community. I know this has already been stated but 63e siege is really draining a lot of the newblood. A lot of newer players join the 63e but they don't seem to care much for their newer members or just don't have the time so these people eventually leave the regiment and the community. Far too many people have left the community as a result of this. I can't even really blame karth because it's not his fault that people go to his server or that he can't give every new member the attention and guidance they need.

The absolute best solution to this is to get NA1 going again. I'll try to come on every once and a while.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2017, 04:48:19 am »
Unban me and we will play lol i got banned cuz they hosted gay pub line battle for a second and i went cav when i wasn't supposed to :/
You can make an unban request like everyone else in the proper area.  and do everyone a favor and not lie. 

in theory anything is possible.   All "battle" is a name in the code, the code after it could changed to something else really.(i got revive to work on battle, so its possible make people have more than 1 life a round)    but the 5 min rounds, averaging 2-3 min each is fair enough as is.   Odds are they spend more time fighting in NA1 then on say a siege server, due to how pubs play there.(sitting around all day, rarely meleeing, long runs across the map or spawn killed, etc.,)

Anyways, yes, i removed quite a few maps.  Maps that tended to draw back with 7, 8, and 10 min rounds were removed at one time or another.  I do bring some of old maps when the server is populated.   As is, the server rotation is made with a small pop in mind, not decent pop.(50+)

Thunderstormer banned a guy who had 400 ping for teamkilling. The whole server went wtf. Pretty sure it was a tempban but still, wtf. Lol xD

And woo! NA1 Revival Party!!! I'll add it to the schedule.
No idea what you are referring to, but i will say that high ping isn't a greenlight to break the rules. Plenty of people have come on the server from other parts of the world just to troll.  Just like when NA people go to other servers(Like Au Lb servers) and troll there.

Bring back jungle justice for tk'rs and to stop all the bans we should increase thunder's salary of $100 per ban to $150 per ban so he won't do it as often.
after the increase, ban everyone, problem solved. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2017, 05:48:32 am »
It was mentioned (perhaps in another thread) that on the off chance a newer player gets on NA1 they don't stick around long, because NA1's population is pretty much entirely made of people with at least 2,000 hours of game time. There really is no way to fix this, and this community will continue to decline until we either get a major content patch (unlikely) or BCoF is released (God knows when that is) because of this hampering "fresh blood".

That being said, we can keep the server on a sort of life support by just playing on it- and not being such tremendous killjoys to other people so we don't get half the server leaving after ten minutes like it always does.

To the complaints about Battle mode because of the 'permadeath' every round, I think that Conquest is the gamemode for you. Unfortunately, this mode is on almost never on server (both public and events)- this is my preferred mode.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2017, 02:56:57 pm »
Okay, I'm going to assume that I'm considered an enemy of NW by a large chunk of the community (and especially by anyone who wants to see NA1 back on its feet), being a longtime 63e member (as well as a 63e siege admin), but I do sincerely wish the best of this effort to save NA1. It's been my favourite server since I started playing NW, and I would love to play on it again like it was back a couple of years ago.

The bolded statement is so true you wouldn't believe the amount of msgs ingame and on steam i got when i joined. But like Curtis said I would love to see this succeed. When i started out i was a pub for like 2 years, playing on the official mm server to US_1 to NA_1. I always liked the battle mode made it more realistic, 1 life per round so i never wanted to waste it. If we could get the population back to like it was even 6 months ago when it still got 200 people that would be great.
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2017, 09:21:52 pm »
I remember the feeling of it being cold inside and playing on a snow map on NA1. 100% immersion right there

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2017, 10:35:02 pm »
I remember the feeling of it being cold inside and playing on a snow map on NA1. 100% immersion right there
When it came to random maps, i use to avoid picking snow maps during the winter,(still played plenty of them) except around christmas(usually made it snowing as well) because i didn't want people to be reminded of how cold it was.  Same for desert maps in the summer.  Quirky as it was, who wants to be reminded of how miserable it is outside when its -40 or 110 out?
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline DarkKnight

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2017, 11:00:27 pm »

I 100% endorse the use of JungleJustice.

Offline DarkKnight

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2017, 12:37:14 am »

I think you would be correct, if it weren't for the fact that Napoleonic Role Play server gets 200 people and is on battle mode. And they can keep that 150-200 throughout prime time.

As the steam group description says, NA1 was also a lot about the chill people and the bantz on it. The whole server would go in an uproar when TheShahsMan would start a political conversation, lol.

Yea but they also have role plays. Like battle RP, linebattle RP, all cav RP etc. They also don't ban for slurs. Its not really a safe zone like NA1 became.

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2017, 01:53:00 am »
Don't forget this is happening tonight after events at around 9ish est