Author Topic: NA All-Star Competition (Cav Edition)  (Read 23634 times)

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
  • Side: Neutral
NA All-Star Competition (Cav Edition)
« on: October 30, 2016, 02:17:36 am »
Introduction

The North American All-Star Competition is a unique  multi-day Cavalry/Infantry tournament that will involve multiple individual skill and team-based skill events featuring two competing teams. This tournament's goal is to help bring some fun, friendly competition into the community.

How it will work
It will start with captain and player sign ups. Each team will consist of 1 captain, 2 assistant captains, and 10-15 players (depending on the number of sign-ups). Once captains have been elected a TeamSpeak draft will be held and a date for the 1st round of events will be given. Note: If you want to participate you must sign up, you will not be added to a team if you are not signed up. Each cavalry team will be attached to an infantry team. A grace period of 1 week will be given for late sign ups. If you sign up for someone (for whatever reason), please add a screenshot of their consent. Round 1 of competitions will be focused on individual skill, round 2 will be focused on team-play, round 3 will be a team vs team group-fight and round 4 will be a team vs team line battle.

Role of the Captains: Captains will be responsible for selecting their roster during the draft and deciding who from their roster will represent their team in each of the events (they may of course, choose to participate themselves), as well as leading their line in the linebattle finale.
Role of the Assistant Captains: Assistant captains will be responsible for helping the captain make choices during the draft and competitions. They may also fill in for the captain in the event of his absence.

Teams
Team 1
Captain 1/1:IB
Assistant Captains 2/2:Griffith
Lurvy
Roster 12/12:
Akula
King MacBeth
Benvolioski
Blucher
HERC_IS_STRENGTHx
Spartan
Yooper
Corneless
Jurpy
History
BackseatCommander
Animal7057
[close]
Team 2
Captain 1/1:Les is More
Assistant Captains 2/2:Marcello
BigYorkee
Roster 12/12:
Brandon
Tomas Cadarn
Shrekerer
Jetch
God
Sinner
Squirts
Jake
TheSedentaryGamer
CrissCross
Boki
Broken Crayon
[close]

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 04:41:13 am by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
Re: NA All-Star Competition (Cav Edition)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 02:18:24 am »
Competitions & Rounds
Round 1 - Individual Skill:
Duel Round
For this round, each captain will select 7 members from their roster to represent their team. Each of these players will fight one first to 5 against a member of the opposing team. Rounds for these first to 7's will be converted to points, with the winner getting a +1 for their victory.
Bonus Round - Single Elimination: The 7 players from each team will line up across from each other and fight 1 at a time as put forward by their captain. For this round, each kill will add 1 bonus point for the duel round, at the end of this round, every member left standing will also add a point, a clean sweep will count for double.
Rules:No unit but Hussar/Lancer may be used, no engaging before the ref says to, you may continue fighting if dismounted by opponent
[close]
Joust Round
For this round each Captain will select 4 members from their team to fight in a joust. Opponents must charge head on at eachother either couched or with an attack chambered. This will be done until 1 opponent wins 5 times. Kill counts as 2 points, dismounting your opponent counts as 1 point
Bonus Round – Admin Horses: Same thing, but each opponent is given an admin horse!
Rules: Lancers only, no charging before the ref says to, if you.
[close]
Outnumbered
For this round 5 members from each team will face a duo from the opposing team. The individual players will attempt to kill. They will be awarded +1 point for every 10 seconds they survive (starting upon first engagement), and +1 for dismounting opponents, + 2 for killing their opponent. The duo will not be awarded any points during this round, their objective is entirely about denying points.
Rules: Lancer/Hussar only, do not engage before the ref says to.
[close]

Round 2 - Teamwork:
2v2
Team Captains will create a 2v2 team from their roster and will fight in a first to 5 match against an opposing 2v2 team. Same as in the duel round, a +1 will be given to the winner.
Bonus Round - The Captains: In this round, the captain and assistant captains of each team will fight a first to 5 against each other.
Rules: Lancers/Hussars only, don't engage before the ref says to.
[close]
3v3
Team Captains will again create a 3v3 team from their roster, who will fight in a first to 5. The victors will again be given a +1
Bonus round - Survival points: The 3v3 teams will rematch in first to 5, each round will count for a point as will every member left alive at the end.
Rules: Lancers/Hussars only, no engaging before the ref gives the okay, players who participated in the 2v2 may not be recycled for the 3v3
[close]
10v10
Team Captains will create a 10v10 team from their roster who will fight in a first to 5 match against each other. The victors again will be given a +1
Bonus round - Survival points x2: The 10v10 teams will rematch in first to 5, each round will count for a point. Every member left alive will add +2 points, a clean sweep will count for double.
Rules: Lancers/Hussars only, no engaging before the ref gives the okay, players who participated in the 2v2 or 3v3 may not be recycled for the 10v10
[close]

Round 3 - Team vs Team Groupfight:
Rules
For the team vs team groupfight, everyone on both teams will be brought in to do a first to 15 group fight match. Each round will count as a point, as will each surviving member at the end each round. In the event of a clean sweep, each surviving member will count as 2 points. Neither side may +1, both sides must give their ready and wait for the ref to say go.
[close]

Round 4 - Team vs Team Linebattle:
Rules
For the team vs team linebattle, everyone on both teams will be brought in to do a best of 10 linebattle. Most NWL rules will apply (Lancers only) Each round will count as a point, as will each surviving member at the end of each round, in the unlikely event of a clean sweep, each surviving member will count as +2 points. Like the group fight, neither side may +1, they must be even. You obviously do not need to wait for the ref to say go. .
[close]
Bonus round - Classic style
For this round, we will bring back the classic style for linebattles, best of 3 maps, best of 3 rounds each map.
[close]

Round 5 - All vs All Linebattle:
Description
For the All vs All Linebattle, both Cavalry and Infantry teams will work together to defeat the other in a best of 10 match. Cavalry are restricted to Lancers, Infantry are restricted to Line Infantry. The rule on OA is removed, Hill camping is increased to 5 minutes (instead of 3). Infantry may not fire out of formation, or on the charge, Cavalry will be limited to 50% of Infantry.
[close]
Bonus Round – Role Swap
For this round, all cavalry players will switch to infantry and all infantry will switch to cavalry!
[close]

Round 6 – Captain Groupfight
Infantry Round
For this part of the Captain Groupfight, the Captains/Assistant Captains of Cavalry/Infantry will spawn in as infantry. Captains must go a Line Infantry officer unit, and Assistant Captains will be rankers and the teams will fight in a first to 7
[close]
Cavalry Round
For this part of the Captain Groupfight, Captains/Assistant Captains will spawn in as Cavalry (either hussar or lancer), Captains must go officer, Assistant Captains must go ranker. Teams will again fight in a first to 7.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:49:46 pm by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 02:18:39 am »
Applications
Captain Application
Community Name :
Regiment :
Why do you think you would be a good team captain?:
Captain/Leading Experience :
[close]
Player Application
Community Name :
Steam link :
Regiment :
Competitive Experience :
[close]
Streamer/Recorder Application
Community Name :
Steam link :
Youtube/Twitch Link :
Availability :

*Note: If you're on one of the teams you do not need to apply to stream/record from your point of view. The point of the streamer/recorder applications is because I will be limiting the number of spectators in the server so as to reduce any potential lag to the players.
[close]
Referee Application
Community Name:
Steam Profile (link):
Admin Experience:
Did you read all the rules thoroughly?:
[close]
Team Captains
IB
LES_IS_MOREx
[close]
Players
Tomas Cadarn
Brandon
Lurvy
Squirts
Marcello
Animal7057
Jake
Akula
Sinner
HERC_IS_STRENGTHx
Big Yorkee
TRH_Blucher
Shrekerer
BackseatCommander
God
Griffith
History
Boki
Yooper
Benvolioski
TheSedentaryGamer
Jetch
Corneless
Jurpy
Spartan
CrissCross
King MacBeth

In queue:
Broken Crayon
Bear
Veers
Kozak
Curtis Shuttler
Hough_Peenist
Yoshie
[close]
Streamers/Recorders
N/A
[close]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 09:02:42 pm by Stroke0fd34th »

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 02:30:53 am »
incoming Lurvy post

Offline SillyWilly

• Sergeant Major
  • 1v1 me na cav gf n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 02:43:40 am »
Captain application:

Community Name : SillyWilly
Regiment : 1erPLG
Why do you think you would be a good team captain?: Leading and organizing experience, familiar with cav community and extremely active
Captain/Leading Experience : Being officer, holding multiple community gatherings of worshiping Moloch and praying for Hillary's well being

Offline 3rd East Kent Regiment

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tomas "EIB" Cadarn
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 02:53:46 am »
Community Name : Tomas Cadarn
Steam link : https://steamcommunity.com/id/westhoff97/
Regiment : 1erPLG (NA)     Nr3  (EU)
Competitive Experience : Have led 2 competetive EU 1v1 cav regiments and am competing in EU CNWL this year

Offline brandon00

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 03:02:13 am »
Community Name : [IV]1LH_Hussar_Brandon
Steam link : https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198153934193/
Regiment : Leib Husaren Regiment 1LH, 2e Régiment de Cavalerie Légers Lanciers
Competitive Experience : Never played a tournament

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 10:46:20 am »
All added, event descriptions will be added later today.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 05:48:26 pm »
Community Name : Squirts
Steam link : https://steamcommunity.com/id/generalsquirts
Regiment : 63'eme Chasseurs a' Cheval
Competitive Experience : NANWL, Duel Tournaments, Fought Griffith once.

For the Captain(s):

Why do you think you would be a good assistant captain?: Though I am recently new to the Cavalry scene, I feel that I've come to grow knowledgeable to the Cavalry scene and what it takes to grow successful. I went from doing Artillery for a year and a half and switched onto Cavalry after becoming fairly skilled to shooting artillery. I wanted to turn what had been a failing detachment for some time into a powerhouse detachment within the 63e and the cavalry community. I think it is safe to say I took many new players in the community and formed a fairly great detachment full of young talent. However, while we still have much to grow on in terms of skill, we are mentally prepared to continue growing stronger as a unit. And I feel that what I bring to the table not just as their leader, but as their foundation on the field of battle will show that I am able to be a strong assistant captain on one of these teams. I do not have the recognition nor the talent as a head captain will, but I think I bring the guts and focus necessary to assist with the captains goals!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 06:20:44 pm by GeneralSquirts »

Offline LES IS MOREx

• Second Lieutenant
  • Leader of 2eDLG & Owner of Bush Wookie Gaming
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [2eDLG]Mjr_LES_IS_MOREx
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 06:49:48 pm »
Captain application:

Community Name : LES IS MOREx
Regiment : 2eDLG
Why do you think you would be a good team captain?: Im fairly active in the Cav community I know which players to pick for my team that would make my team the best and I have been leading cav 4 days a week for almost 1 and 1/2 years now so my players will be put into the best possible position to get the most kills they can.
Captain/Leading Experience : 3 and a half years of being a regiment leader lead the 53e for 2 years and the FA for a year had about 720 member in total in the FA at its peak when we beat the 63e in a 90v110 line battle. Been leading the DLG for a year and a half , holding multiple community gatherings of worshiping LESLER and praying for Trump's well being

If Hillary Clinton can get half of american's votes how many can our Lesler get?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 06:27:02 pm by LES IS MOREx »
Cant win if you dont play.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 06:55:44 pm »
if les is more is captain of anything 75% of the sign ups will leave like LesIsMore's father left him

Offline LES IS MOREx

• Second Lieutenant
  • Leader of 2eDLG & Owner of Bush Wookie Gaming
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [2eDLG]Mjr_LES_IS_MOREx
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 07:04:32 pm »
if les is more is captain of anything 75% of the sign ups will leave like LesIsMore's father left him

Dont worry you're my last pick you will end up on sillys team i promise no shitters on Les's team you see?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 07:09:12 pm by LES IS MOREx »
Cant win if you dont play.

Offline ibsocal

• Major General
  • Leader of horses, winner of things
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1LH/1erCG Major IB
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 07:06:12 pm »
Due to popular demand

Captain application:

Community Name : IB
Regiment : 1LH
Why do you think you would be a good team captain?: I excel at everything I lead and I have long a history of leading. The last time there was a community held cavalry tournament, I won it.
Captain/Leading Experience : Lead cavalry for 2+ years & infantry for 2+ years before that, separate from that I've lead competitive infantry for about half a year too.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 07:16:10 pm »
Community Name :BabyJesus
Regiment :nada
Why do you think you would be a good team captain?:I was in a cav regiment once and I have more tournament wins than BillTheBitcher
Captain/Leading Experience :Ur dad calls me captain
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Marcello

• Corporal
  • Prophet of NA Ctrl+J
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erCG]Chas_Marcello
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 07:18:26 pm »
Community Name :Marcello
Steam link : https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055239667/
Regiment :1LH
Competitive Experience : Playin high tier cav for awhile, no real tourney experience