Author Topic: What do you guys think of Regiment leaders paying people to join their regiment?  (Read 10380 times)

Offline Portals

• Second Lieutenant
  • Urine speaks louder than words.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~WeastSide~Samuel_L_Jackson
  • Side: Union
I've been gone from the NW community for a bit but I've been hearing a lot about some specific regiment paying people to get people into their community. Just wanted what the community though of it, it seems strange to me, but no one really know/ care about it.

Offline Murch

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2e_Huss_Murch
Never heard about this. Sounds idiotic.

Offline KilianG

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kilian
  • Side: Neutral
Screen or it never happend... it would be so stupid too do that! I mean I would take the money and ask some lads to join just for few events and go away. ^^

Offline Portals

• Second Lieutenant
  • Urine speaks louder than words.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ~WeastSide~Samuel_L_Jackson
Screen or it never happend... it would be so stupid too do that! I mean I would take the money and ask some lads to join just for few events and go away. ^^

Um, if im allowed to screen it ok, I'll get some screenshots, if its allowed

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
I have heard of this, not sure if it is true or not,but some guy paid his members like 4 cents to attend an event.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:13:40 pm by Sir_Carson »

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
I have heard of this, not sure if it is true or not,but some guy paid*his members like 4 cents to attend an event.

The spelling is real...

Anyone who feels compelled to pay his members *any* amount of money is fucking retarded:

-The transcience of regiments and their members in this community means that you will have to pay them a hefty amount if you actually want them to spend time against their will in a regiment. Give them a better reason to stay. How much is 3-5 hours per week worth to you?

-As a player, I would refuse, out of pride, to be treated as something cheap enough to warrant 4 cents an event. A friend's or CO's appreciation of my contribution, presence and skill would be more than enough, added to the endless shit regs stick on their TS to give members an inflated sense of ego when they spot their "bronze melee medal", which aim to incentivise players to be active and play to their full potential. The only players I would ever consider these leaders be good enough to actually be worth paying are true pros like the 77y Grens and suchlike, but those guys would probably have some decency left and would laugh it off right in their miserable faces.

-Ordinary regiment players are not worth it, from a leader's standpoint. Regular enlisted men are relatively easy to come by and not particularly special in terms of uniqueness and skillset - it's the elite - Guards, NCOs and COs - you want to stick close and be active and thus support the regiment. Enlisted men, once again, can be bribed and cajoled into wasting their time on endless, repetitive LBs with other, non-monetary solutions, ranging from Player of the Week to medals to in-game promotions.

-The cost of the shit would build up - A medium size reg, of, say, 30 active players would need around 15-18 euros/dollars a month (4 cents times 30 players times 3 events/week times 4 or 5 weeks), that could be spent on something that confers a greater benefit on the regiment and may even help recruitment - A SERVER or a WEBSITE! Wow!one1! Or you can waste the money on Doritos and Mountain Dew and make yourself euphoric as fuck.

Point is, unless you spend your days playing paper toss with $10 notes, just ignore this shit and continue business as usual.

No idea why I spent 10 mins @3:30 am writing this...
<3

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
I have heard of this, not sure if it is true or not,but some guy payed his members like 4 cents to attend an event.
[79th] Armystrong was doing that a while ago i think, don't know if he still is or not

AeroNinja

If you pay money, they will use you. Dumbest thing you could ever do. Also the trust is gone.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline King_Of_California

• First Lieutenant
  • Probably more Californian than you
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Aten
It's even worse because of the Overjustification Effect

tl;dr: You reward for something fun, they don't think it's as fun and demand said reward each time or they won't do it

Horrid long run strategy
Anyways, you guys looking to make a quick buck? Add me on steam  ;)

NA Regiment History: *KPR*Einherjar, 1st_Cali_Ronald_Reagan, [OP]Tsar_Einherjar, [1stCali]Gov_Einherjar, [1erTron]Obst_Thanet
EU Regiment History: Nr24_Fus_Einherjar, [36eRIL]LtCol_Einherjar

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
Probably bullshit. But hey, let them. I'say, cash in and fuck off.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Griff Redstorm

• Major General
  • Best Cav +100 Ping
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11e_Huss_Maj_Griff
  • Side: Confederacy
I know about a guy who bought NW to number of very skilled native players so they can join his regiment. This is the most closest thing i ever heard however its very normal thing peoples gift games to their friends. So its totally bs, i say.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
I know about a guy who bought NW to number of very skilled native players so they can join his regiment. This is the most closest thing i ever heard however its very normal thing peoples gift games to their friends. So its totally bs, i say.

This is something I have heard of before. The only times I heard about this though, was when the players became RL friends after some regimental meet-ups.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
I have heard of this, not sure if it is true or not,but some guy paid*his members like 4 cents to attend an event.

[/B]The spelling is real...[/b]

Anyone who feels compelled to pay his members *any* amount of money is fucking retarded:

-The transcience of regiments and their members in this community means that you will have to pay them a hefty amount if you actually want them to spend time against their will in a regiment. Give them a better reason to stay. How much is 3-5 hours per week worth to you?

-As a player, I would refuse, out of pride, to be treated as something cheap enough to warrant 4 cents an event. A friend's or CO's appreciation of my contribution, presence and skill would be more than enough, added to the endless shit regs stick on their TS to give members an inflated sense of ego when they spot their "bronze melee medal", which aim to incentivise players to be active and play to their full potential. The only players I would ever consider these leaders be good enough to actually be worth paying are true pros like the 77y Grens and suchlike, but those guys would probably have some decency left and would laugh it off right in their miserable faces.

-Ordinary regiment players are not worth it, from a leader's standpoint. Regular enlisted men are relatively easy to come by and not particularly special in terms of uniqueness and skillset - it's the elite - Guards, NCOs and COs - you want to stick close and be active and thus support the regiment. Enlisted men, once again, can be bribed and cajoled into wasting their time on endless, repetitive LBs with other, non-monetary solutions, ranging from Player of the Week to medals to in-game promotions.

-The cost of the shit would build up - A medium size reg, of, say, 30 active players would need around 15-18 euros/dollars a month (4 cents times 30 players times 3 events/week times 4 or 5 weeks), that could be spent on something that confers a greater benefit on the regiment and may even help recruitment - A SERVER or a WEBSITE! Wow!one1! Or you can waste the money on Doritos and Mountain Dew and make yourself euphoric as fuck.

Point is, unless you spend your days playing paper toss with $10 notes, just ignore this shit and continue business as usual.

No idea why I spent 10 mins @3:30 am writing this...
Iphone auto correct strikes again.

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

Offline CrumpetAwesome

• Major General
  • Ex-Col, proudly lead the 4e
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Never heard so much cancer in all my NW