Author Topic: Black skybox.  (Read 2219 times)

Offline thepenguin

• Sergeant Major
  • Voor God en Vaderland!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jan_Pieterszoon_Coen
  • Side: Union
Black skybox.
« on: March 19, 2017, 09:52:02 am »
Hello, I have encountered a error named ''Skybox_Cloud_1_PM'' Something something, and I will need some help to fix it, please give me some idea's of how to fix it, thank you.  :'(

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Black skybox.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 08:47:54 pm »
Hello, I have encountered a error named ''Skybox_Cloud_1_PM'' Something something, and I will need some help to fix it, please give me some idea's of how to fix it, thank you.  :'(
Thank you for making a thread, it is much easier to follow a discussion in comparison to the shout box. Is the error an RGL error that pops up? Please put exactly what the error said for the texture name. Did this occur in regular NW or the Enhancement Mod? And is your copy of Napoleonic Wars only the Epic Enhancement mod now or do you have the vanilla NW folder still?

thepenguin [19|Mar 10:00 am]:   And also, will it stay FOREVER, or..?
thepenguin [19|Mar 10:09 am]:   Now I can't even play the game..
thepenguin [19|Mar 10:10 am]:   https://i.gyazo.com/1760594963ccff07cdb7d37be499ce8c.png
No, the black skybox bug will not stay forever, I have fixed this error before in the past with specifics given. As for your issue with unable to play the game now, the skyboxes.txt file must of screwed up somehow. By either human error or the game files own doing. Every module folder requires a skyboxes.txt file for the game's skyboxes, it may have been altered and a backup is required to fix this issue or the text file is missing entirely. Please check if you have a text file named skyboxes or if it is missing. Because if skyboxes.txt is missing entirely, and for either vanilla NW or a NW mod, it's important in order to help you.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 08:55:32 pm by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline thepenguin

• Sergeant Major
  • Voor God en Vaderland!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jan_Pieterszoon_Coen
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 04:18:01 pm »
Yes, it's a RGL error, and I do have the skybox folder, and I am not sure if I have the vanilla folder or the shitty enhancement mod, https://i.gyazo.com/7b6b4d3a50c9adf412df03151c5cf2f3.png I'm not entirely sure how to do much of changing things though, also, I cannot enter the game now.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 04:53:02 pm »
Yes, it's a RGL error, and I do have the skybox folder, and I am not sure if I have the vanilla folder or the shitty enhancement mod, https://i.gyazo.com/7b6b4d3a50c9adf412df03151c5cf2f3.png I'm not entirely sure how to do much of changing things though, also, I cannot enter the game now.
You can try at least two options. One, if you have the game on Steam, try verifying integrity of game cache as a first. Two, again if you have Steam, delete the Napoleonic Wars folder and Steam should re-download it as missing.

The DLC has a Data folder that should include skyboxes.txt, if you use the enhancement mod. Try moving skyboxes.txt from the Data folder (but do not delete the file outright). You can try to manually fix this but it usually requires having a back up of vanilla Napoleonic.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 04:56:27 pm by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.