Author Topic: NW Community Grievances  (Read 27729 times)

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
NW Community Grievances
« on: February 13, 2013, 12:33:39 am »
Good day chaps,

As FSE has decided to create a brand new branch of the administration, The Community Representatives, I think it is very, very important we have a single place to focus all of our worries and frustrations that can be checked on a daily basis. Hopefully this thread will be just that.

Without bringing in a crapload of detail, the purpose of this thread is very simple: If you have a grievance, question, concern, witty joke, or anything of those lines, please post it here. I'm going to be checking this thread as much as I possibly can, which hopefully means daily.

Here are some guidelines for posting:

1) This thread is for community concerns.

That means that when you post, it shouldn't be something like "When is the next patch coming out?" or anything of that ilk. It should be relevant to the well-being of the NW Community, and something which affects the players themselves.

2) This thread is for questions, not discussion.

If someone asks a question, please do not respond to it yourself. I don't make up the rules around here, but I'd like only NW Com. Reps. to respond to questions here, and if anyone else, such as Deo, vince, or any other person of that power wants to, then by all means they can answer as well. As for discussion: I will lock this thread if I see a discussion happen, and then I'll ask an admin to delete all the posts of said discussion, including the question which sparked it. This thread is a Q&A-only thing.

3) You may ask any question, as long as you truly want an answer.

Even if a question may seem stupid, I personally will try to answer it. If you have a concern, I'll try my best to look into it to the best of my ability. Please, do not feel as if you can't ask something because it seems too simple! It's better having peace of mind rather than being nervous due to easily curable ignorance.

4) Try to keep your posts to the point.

I will read essay-length posts if I have to, but it's easier for me to understand what you need help with if you are concise with your post. It's harder to find a needle in a hay stack than it is a drawer.

5) Don't post anything that is offensive, malicious, or hawkish.

Don't simply post "I want this admin investigated for crimes against humanity!" simply because you were banned from a server because you killed 17 teammates with explosives. If you do really want an admin investigated, and it's for a legitimate reason, then I would hope you can post it here, but try to keep everything civil.

Once more, the overall purpose of this thread is to give the NW Representatives, specifically myself, an outlet to look into to gauge if we're not only doing our job right, but what we can do to improve ourselves, as well as a way to fully utilize the offices we've been voted into. Please use this thread to it's full potential. I look forward to working with you all.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 12:28:40 am by Refleax »

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NW Community Grievances Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 12:37:26 am »
I have a question.

When will you be making maps for Napoleonic Wars Spearing?  You are depriving the community.

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 12:38:25 am »
I'll start now, just for you. /Question answered.

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde ImpĂ©riale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 12:53:41 am »
No offense to you or your work Spearing, but with something official like the CommReps, I am pretty sure the admin team would follow up with an official thread like this one (I don't even know how the full procedure will work). This thread could be pretty extraneous.

Of course, if you did the team's work for them then great! Thanks for the work! :D

Kielbasa!

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 01:13:47 am »
If that's the case, then I'm certain they'll lock it and make an official, stickied one. Either way, I'm down with whatever happens.

Offline Megaberna

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Megaberna
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 01:31:57 am »
Although i think they will make an official thread for that matter, i appreciate your support towards these matters.

Keep up the good work.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 03:46:21 am »
*Pulls in a dumptruck filled with grievances*

I'd like the NW_US servers changed to NW_NA for one.

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 04:04:05 am »
I'd like the EU and NA sides of the community to unite, honestly.
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 04:20:58 am »
I'd like the EU and NA sides of the community to unite, honestly.

With regards to that, I honestly can say that the only reason that they aren't united is because people view them as not being united. The second you take away that geographical designation, they are the same community. Stop viewing them as two different groups. View them as people and nothing more.

That's actually an interesting proposition there.... I wonder if the servers are designated as "US" rather than "NA" due to the fact that they're simply located in the US, or because they just simply thought that it'd be easier to call them US....

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 04:36:34 am »
That's actually an interesting proposition there.... I wonder if the servers are designated as "US" rather than "NA" due to the fact that they're simply located in the US, or because they just simply thought that it'd be easier to call them US....

I think it's a good idea. The EU servers aren't called NW_DE because they're hosted in Germany but NW_EU because it's intended for and used by an European audience. The current 'US' servers are played on by many Canadians and quite a few Mexicans in my experience and one can't deny that the server is intended for use of other North Americans outside the US. Seeing as it's branded as the 'official' server the other NA's underrepresentation is a bit unfair.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:39:44 am by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 05:33:00 am »
I have a question.

When will you be making maps for Napoleonic Wars Spearing?  You are depriving the community.

Wow, that is a bit of a throwback joke there.

But we cant let the dirty Canadians think they have equal citizenry, that is just improper!

Kidding, it is now changed. It was US simply because of its origins as the MG_US_MM server.

All the players are equal, its just that the US players are more equal then the others.

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 05:43:16 am »
NW_OFFICIAL_'MERICA!
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 05:45:27 am »
NW_OFFICIAL_'MERICA!
Sad day, so used to calling it US 1. NNN - AEE ONE. Is the new way of saying it.

Why not separate from Canadians, but equal.

Offline Rogov

• Second Lieutenant
  • Moose are cool.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Hsr_Ofr_Rogov
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 07:11:10 am »
Fine! We'll get our own servers, with blackjack and syrup!

And while we're at it, might as well get started on a mod that makes all the horses mooses, meese? Huh, I don't know what the plural is... and I call myself Canadian...

Offline Aksei

• Donator
  • meh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Aksei
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 09:44:06 am »
1. will there be a new ruleset for the servers?
1.1 if yes, is there a date?
1.2 if yes, will it be a mix of NA and EU?
2. any plans for admin application process?
3. will all the map bugs fixed, like the rocks?