Author Topic: Total War Three Kingdoms  (Read 9596 times)

Lawbringer

Total War Three Kingdoms
« on: January 11, 2018, 11:08:06 am »
As someone who watched Red Cliff and played Dynasty Warriors, I am beyond hyped.

My guess is that CA will carry over the hero units system from warhammer and instead of monsters and things, will have the legendary heroes such as Guan Yu play immense roles on the battlefield.

(Killing hordes of peasant soldiers like in DW  :D )

For those of you who aren’t familiar with the time period or lore, this is mideival China when it was split into different warring factions. The story comes from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which centers on three warrior heroes such as Liu Bei and Guan Yu, who make a pact to unite the land in the name of justice and compassion. The story has many legendary fighters who are a cut above the rest such as Lu Bu who can annihilate armies of men on his own. It’s all fun stuff and I’d recommend checking out Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtreme on Steam.

Share thoughts!

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 11:11:56 am by Lawbringer »

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Total War Three Kingdoms
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 11:09:36 am »
GOd damn it I was waiting for Empire 2
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 11:26:05 am »
GOd damn it I was waiting for Empire 2
Same.

But it does look pretty cool for now, I do like the new age and culture, but I fear that they will take too much from Warhammer (like a story etc) which doesn't work in my opinion. They should keep it the way they have done it in Empire Divided with a few quests and stories for one character.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:18:35 pm by Dokletian »
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 11:27:45 am »
I'm looking forward to buying two dozen DLCs to have the full game
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline Dark_Knight

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • [IVe]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Talope
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 01:41:39 pm »
When is Total War Three Kingdoms II release?

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 01:44:54 pm »
When is Total War Three Kingdoms II release?
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Krowbar

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofil
  • Nick: Brechstange
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 01:54:50 pm »

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 02:16:05 pm »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 03:09:28 pm »
TW has a pretty good track record with Asian games

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 03:23:34 pm »
Glad to have something new to be honest rather than Empire 2 or Shogun 3, or TW3, etc.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Dark_Knight

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • [IVe]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Talope
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 03:24:48 pm »
Glad to have something new to be honest rather than Empire 2 or Shogun 3, or TW3, etc.

new for only few weaks/months!!!

Offline Bob_The_Drunken_Villager

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bob
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 03:25:20 pm »
I would like if CA was to implement the old city-building system. I'd also fancy the idea of getting a game about the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, rather than just "normal battles" with standard generels and such. But I probably got influenced by all the time of me playing Dynasty Warriors. :D

##DO NOT PURSUE LU BU##
"When we found the Abyss, we fought.
Through our blood, we did not find what we sought.
New challenger, end us, so we may rot.
For our journey into the Abyss, was all for nought."

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 03:25:32 pm »
They are obviously trying to appeal to the asian market since it will make them 10000 times more money than making a game for EU/NA.
If this goes well, which it mostly likely will, I do not see a reason for them to stop making games based in/with Asia either.   

I do not mind really, whether it is in Asia or not, it can still be a good game. Shogun was great.

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 03:28:19 pm »
INDIA BASED GAME NOW??!!!?!?

Seriously liking how they are making one in China as well, hope you can get lords to individually fight like in Warhammer.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 03:46:55 pm »
They are obviously trying to appeal to the asian market since it will make them 10000 times more money than making a game for EU/NA.
If this goes well, which it mostly likely will, I do not see a reason for them to stop making games based in/with Asia either.   

I do not mind really, whether it is in Asia or not, it can still be a good game. Shogun was great.
Don't think so, since Shogun 2 e.g wasn't really successful in Asia (like most strategy games btw) and as far as I'm informed, most Total War games are censored or not even allowed in China (like many european video games). It's not as in the movie industry.
But I wouldn't mind CA getting money to make better games :)

Also, china fits the most when it comes to put a hero-system in a historical setting.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:13:32 pm by Dokletian »