Author Topic: Help wanted for upcoming Napoleonic Wars patch, balancing thread.  (Read 11596 times)

Offline FineApple

• Sergeant Major
  • 8̡͇̩͚̘̟̯͔̊̂͋͒̉̊͒̍̉̍ͮ͟4̘͖̯̘͇̣̦̩̆̓̇̏͂͐̊͌̅ͬ͂͒ͤ̉͂̚̚͟͟͞
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Help wanted for upcoming Napoleonic Wars patch, balancing thread.
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2017, 12:00:12 pm »
Just to add to that big boat, there's one stair that is buggy walking up. The other is smooth.

oh yeah, that too i forgot to mention
F͐ͬͨͥ̊̃͊ͦ̒̃ͪ͏̸̴̟͈͈̱̟͔̜̣͇I̷̡̻̻͓̖͔͕ͦͨ̈͐̎ͦ͌̇̅̉N̶̊̈̉ͦ͆́̚̕͏͎̲̰̣̱̰E̡̓ͥ̊̅̿̾ͧ̈́̍͊̔ͭͪ͂̎͠͝҉̭̳̰̮̳̳̞̙ͅA̡̡̹͚̫̥͔̼̥̲ͭͮ̃ͨͯ̇͑̆̋̒ͣ͟͡͝P͓͔̖̲͍̻̖̱̀̄ͫ̂ͩ̈́̃̀̿ͭ̾͋̄̐͗͘͡͞P͇͚͔̮̺̲͕͎͓͙̗̝̹̖̯̻͌̈́̅̌̀ͣ̀ͫͦ̅ͧ̀̆͌̃̍ͣ̄̀͜ͅĻ̹̲̤̠̞̬͉̦͍̖͔͕͉̘̲̼̱̽̓̏́̍͂ͯ͋͑̾ͮ͆́͟E̸̡̬̭͚̼̭̥̯͋͛ͨ̑͐̿͟͝͡F̍ͯ͌̃ͣ̈͗̿҉̢̨̢̱̙̳͉̦̣͓̙I̔́ͩ̄ͫ͋̑͒͐̉́͏̡̰̯̥Ņ̵̷̶͓͓͚̬̗̞̖̥̠̂̂̑͐̅ͣ͐͑̒̈ͭͪ̈́ͮ͡ͅE̵̶̡͉̪̪̼̗̹̲̰͉ͬ̃͛ͫ͋̀̍̄Ấ̡͇̼̘̝͕̟͎̳͓̦̮̘̥̼̘̖͓̞͒̈̀̃ͪ̾ͪ̐̓̆̎̽ͨ͗̑͂͘͟P̵̞͇̮̬̳͕͎͉͎̳̬̼̱̱̘͚̬̬ͭ̓ͨ̃͑͛̐͜P̶̵̸̦͍̥̣̹̹ͣͫͣ̇͑͐̈ͤ͢L̛̖͍̮̤̳̱̗͙̭̻̋̅ͦͦͧ͊̀ͦ̿ͤ̃̆̉ͫ́͊ͮ̚͠ͅĘ͕̻̹̟̯ͮͦ͑ͬ̿͜͟F̶̨͚͚̠̲̬̩̪̗͚͙̂ͬͤ̽̇̊̇ͧ͆͂̔ͤ̽̌ͧ͜I̵̛͈̻̩̥͙̭̪̳̼̫͌͆ͯ̔ͫ̏ͨ͒̂̐ͭ̓̆̅̓̍̀͜Ņ̵̸͉̪͙͕͔̜̟͈̦̹̦͈̂̃̐̾̐̄ͦͭ͐̓̋ͩ̓E̷̛̪̳͉̲̯̩̔̂ͮ̌ͫ̓̒̉̇̃ͫ̽͌̈́̔̇̏̿̀̕Ȁ̫͖̬͉͙͚͖̭̜̫̱̟̦̗̘̪̦̤͋̊ͬ̈́̔̇ͤͦ̃̄̆͂ͤ͗͋ͥ̀̚̚͞P̴̴̐̂ͧ́̓͗̈͗҉҉͈̹̩͍̲͚̼̦̩ͅP̈ͬͩ̿̄̊ͣ̈́̉̌̓͐͐ͯ͊̽̏̅͏̺̤̗̼̝̹͢L̴̳̱͖̪̺͖̥̻̭̯̱͔̠͙͖̣̟̻̬ͪ̄ͣ͗͗̏̂́͠E̹̮̝̘͖͈̠ͨ̃ͪ̾̀̅ͦ̓͐̾ͫ͆ͮ͐́̾́ͅF̧̛͙͔͈͈̺̳͔̥̪͊ͥ̉̇̿͑͟I̬̟̻̫̖̫͍͉̼͍̟̦͖͉̲ͫ͆̉̆̈́ͭ̃ͧ̓̆̇̍̕N͓̰̮͎͎̠͈͉̬͚̼̦̙͆͆ͯͧͫ̾͂͌͂̍̔͒ͭ̈́̅ͪ̕Ę͍̘̹͈̳̮̼͕̣͙̳̞̭́ͪ̎ͯ̐͐ͭ̍̒͛̓ͥͬ̚͟A͑̿̿̇̀͊ͬ̄̉ͪͭ͆̄͆͟͏̩̯̟̮͕̲̭̲͓̯̩̕P̥̼͔̹͕͔̙̻̺̣͕̳̞̝̺͕̣̍ͧ̌̀͐͒͗ͫ̋̂̅ͦ̒̊ͫ͜͝P͕̺̗͔̯̣͓̠̬̪̮̞̖͛̒͑ͬ͋̌ͭ͋̉ͨͦ̈ͮ̓̉̏́̚̚͟͠L͖͕̗̝̗̯̣͎͓̬͉̿ͨͨ̊ͩ̋͒̂̀̐̋͡͞͠E̢ͤ̎ͤ͊̃͆ͨ̊͆ͨ̔͌̅̍́҉̼̳̩͔̲̯̯̩̠̲̻̣̳̫ͅͅF̓̃͐̌̑͛̽ͯ͛̿̚̚̕͡

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2017, 05:12:38 am »
I don't think pokes have something to do with armour as you can poke a naked player as well.

Make Russian empire worse in all aspects pls.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Makk

• Sergeant Major
  • Headmaster of MakkDonald's, Duke of Makkington
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9thRC_DchJ_LtCol_Makk
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2017, 02:34:51 pm »
Some of my thoughts

1. You should fix pokes on a naked player - it is so annoying when you are attacking sailors and you poke them more times than when you are attacking  let's say a foot guards

2. I don't know if you can make it, but as a texture modder, i say you should make things easier, i mean every austrian hat is in one freaking dds, so you can basically kill long long hours of work with one single accidental saving after a bad move, i know, i know, i make backups, but if you make this possible and toggleable ("Do you want to allow seperated textures?" and then "Yes" or "No") life'd be easier.

3. Bagpipers - the music you can play with bagpipes only, the original versions of them have drums, so if you can make it, you should make them all for both pipers and drummers.

4. If it depends on you and not the basic warband engine, should make the scene edit mode more stable, automatic saving and undo for ground elevation and ground texture things.

5. Import props from Native so map makers can fool around with more things without having to make another module for the community who will play their scenes.

6. Destructible rocks, so artillery cannot fire through them (with round shot)
that Magyar AC/DC fan

headmaster of MakkDonald's, ThoMakk Picton, Duke of Makkington, Makkhail Kutuzov, Tsar Alekmakkder the First, Makk The Spammer, the Makkolonian settler, The last Makkican, Count Makkwich, That DicMakktor (dictator of the DicMakktorship), Makkdalf the Grey,

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2017, 09:43:12 pm »
1. You should fix pokes on a naked player - it is so annoying when you are attacking sailors and you poke them more times than when you are attacking  let's say a foot guards

The patch will remove the cuirassier armor from the sailors, so you shouldn't be bouncing off them near as much once the patch is out.

Rocks that will not allow cannon rounds to go through them are possible; the problem is that it would only apply to the scene prop ones. This means that on random maps, which are mostly used for linebattles, the rocks that are generated on those would not be the scene props with those collision models - and rounds would go through them. Thunder does not want to make it to where some rocks block cannons and some don't, because all it would do is confuse people.

Thunder or another developer will have to discuss your other suggestions.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2017, 10:12:29 pm »
Some of my thoughts

2. I don't know if you can make it, but as a texture modder, i say you should make things easier, i mean every austrian hat is in one freaking dds, so you can basically kill long long hours of work with one single accidental saving after a bad move, i know, i know, i make backups, but if you make this possible and toggleable ("Do you want to allow seperated textures?" and then "Yes" or "No") life'd be easier.

3. Bagpipers - the music you can play with bagpipes only, the original versions of them have drums, so if you can make it, you should make them all for both pipers and drummers.

4. If it depends on you and not the basic warband engine, should make the scene edit mode more stable, automatic saving and undo for ground elevation and ground texture things.

5. Import props from Native so map makers can fool around with more things without having to make another module for the community who will play their scenes.

I would love if we could have bows vs muskets.  ;D

But yeah, I think that adding a few props from Native, especially PALM TREES  8), would be a nice addition.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2017, 02:54:31 am »
I will post this here as well, because it does effect balance in CB mode and cav near trees. 

With the help of Grozni, we should now have flag bearers and musicians for each regiment that has them and play music in CB.  He supplied most of the stuff, and i took it and applied it, while tweaking and adding to it.  On top of that, class limits now work on CB, so no more heavy cav spam, or other annoying spam that you can see in CB .  obviously there are a  lot variables to be tested.   I am still tweaking it as we speak but from what i seen, it works.   you can find more specifics in the test server thread. 

The trees were updated as well, so the main branches should stop bullets among other things.  The main tree trunk should be better overall as well. 

i think that is the main stuff i wanted to cover for now.   if anything else comes to mind, i'll just edit this or make a new post. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Makk

• Sergeant Major
  • Headmaster of MakkDonald's, Duke of Makkington
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9thRC_DchJ_LtCol_Makk
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2017, 02:56:38 pm »

The patch will remove the cuirassier armor from the sailors, so you shouldn't be bouncing off them near as much once the patch is out.

Rocks that will not allow cannon rounds to go through them are possible; the problem is that it would only apply to the scene prop ones. This means that on random maps, which are mostly used for linebattles, the rocks that are generated on those would not be the scene props with those collision models - and rounds would go through them. Thunder does not want to make it to where some rocks block cannons and some don't, because all it would do is confuse people.

Thank you!
that Magyar AC/DC fan

headmaster of MakkDonald's, ThoMakk Picton, Duke of Makkington, Makkhail Kutuzov, Tsar Alekmakkder the First, Makk The Spammer, the Makkolonian settler, The last Makkican, Count Makkwich, That DicMakktor (dictator of the DicMakktorship), Makkdalf the Grey,

Offline Feldmarschall_Ben

• First Lieutenant
  • Feldmarschall des Kaiserlichen Heeres
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FeldMrshl_Ben
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2017, 04:35:27 pm »

Thank you!

in your cases the mapper needs to set the correct barriers via mapping editor.

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2017, 02:02:44 am »
For Balancing, I really hope you don't make heavy cav weaker. I'm literally probably the only player on cav group fighting that goes heavy cav. Everyone else goes hussar or lancer. It's because those classes have a much better advantage. In fact, I as a heavy cav player think the health of heavy horses should be increased to make it much more attractive to go heavy cav. The unit balance is good enough. When I 1v1 a hussar, the swing speed is much slower, but the sword length gives you the advantage to counter the speed.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2017, 05:11:13 am »
For Balancing, I really hope you don't make heavy cav weaker. I'm literally probably the only player on cav group fighting that goes heavy cav. Everyone else goes hussar or lancer. It's because those classes have a much better advantage. In fact, I as a heavy cav player think the health of heavy horses should be increased to make it much more attractive to go heavy cav. The unit balance is good enough. When I 1v1 a hussar, the swing speed is much slower, but the sword length gives you the advantage to counter the speed.
HC was buffed in my files a while back.  With that said, i just got back after being away for a week.  I'll have to see what the devs have done since then to the balance in general, if anything was changed in the first place. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2017, 08:20:51 am »

From what I've played testing the new patch, heavy cav is a lot more viable now. You can kind of turn your horse now. Some factions have an extra point or two of reach, which can help, and the horses have a few more hitpoints. Single biggest thing is being able to turn the horse, though.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline Zahari

• Major
  • Man with 0 ping Also known as Vicky ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA N°8
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2018, 02:51:47 pm »
About horse hp. Is it true? Cause they didnt include it in the patch note.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 02:57:03 pm by Zahari »
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson