4 (8.3%)
Accel World
4 (8.3%)
Danmachi
2 (4.2%)
Quan Zhi Gao Shou
4 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Anime Discussion Thread Mk.II  (Read 102540 times)

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Anime Discussion Thread Mk.II
« Reply #390 on: December 26, 2016, 06:03:04 pm »
LazyTown

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #391 on: December 26, 2016, 07:36:54 pm »
Any anime suggestion ? I kinda like the action/supernatural theme, also like gud comedy and romance tbh

Mob Psycho

Reigan is one of the most hilarious characters I've ever seen in an anime.

Abit of a spoiler of Reigan in action in the spoiler

« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 07:40:22 pm by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #392 on: December 27, 2016, 04:48:53 am »
1st season of drifters is finished. really great anime.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 27, 2016, 05:44:49 am »
1st season of drifters is finished. really great anime.

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #394 on: December 27, 2016, 06:37:51 am »
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #395 on: December 27, 2016, 08:53:06 am »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 27, 2016, 08:53:54 am »
Finished Keijo as well today. Definitely one of those anime where at the end you just say why did I watch this
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Online John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 27, 2016, 03:30:09 pm »

You know they are making a sequel to the original Yu-Gi-Oh! Which starts early next year?

I will watch it just for nostalgia
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 28, 2016, 07:01:42 pm »
Any anime suggestion ? I kinda like the action/supernatural theme, also like gud comedy and romance tbh

Mob Psycho

Reigan is one of the most hilarious characters I've ever seen in an anime.

Abit of a spoiler of Reigan in action in the spoiler

Mob Pyscho 100 was pretty good, Reigan is the best supporting character. Wonder if that will continue after the 1st season. That video is quite spoiler-ish after the first 30 seconds in.

I recently finished watching Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, the latter part was better than the former. What starts as not-as-serious becomes a bit closer to serious akin to MS Zeta Gundam. Now going to watch Char's Counterattack movie so I will be all up to speed to better understand Gundam Unicorn, which so happens to be airing on Toonami next year and made into a TV show format. Which may or may not replace Gundam IBO's timeslot, not sure.

Filthy Frank video
[close]
Hey man, I just enjoy watching some anime time-to-time. I'm not one of those obsessed who want a body pillow, or wear a kimono and at the same time use katanas while hating my own culture and nationality, none of that shit. I love that video of Frank's. Would re-watch just to listen to the audio and jokes. My favorite joke: "W-where are the subtitles?"

Obvious Pot of Greed video
[close]
You know they are making a sequel to the original Yu-Gi-Oh! Which starts early next year?

I will watch it just for nostalgia
I didn't know that, is it a movie or TV show? I remember seeing a headline about a movie title, and a direct sequel and not a spin off? That's rare.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 07:07:55 pm by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Online John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 28, 2016, 08:03:52 pm »
Yeah you got that movie coming out in a few weeks but they are planning a series ontop of it

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 28, 2016, 09:23:57 pm »
Yeah you got that movie coming out in a few weeks but they are planning a series ontop of it
A sequel series sounds good.

I just finished watching Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack movie and from where it begins to how it ends, I really wish it was a series as well instead of just a movie.

I finally have the opprotunity to watch Gundam Unicorn or Iron Blooded Orphans now. Can't Toonami keep both timeslots though?..
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 28, 2016, 09:42:10 pm »
I want to start watching Gundam but idk where to start. There's like a kiljillion series

Online John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 28, 2016, 09:55:05 pm »
Iron blooded orphans is a spin off and very good. Would recommend starting with that as you dont really need to know the story as they explain it pretty well

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 29, 2016, 04:58:28 am »
Iron blooded orphans is a spin off and very good. Would recommend starting with that as you dont really need to know the story as they explain it pretty well
This, I can agree you can give IBO a shot. I saw the first episode in English dub, which was not bad persay, but I was more focused at the time to watch The Origin manga adapted into OVA movie form which is still ongoing.

I want to start watching Gundam but idk where to start. There's like a kiljillion series
The kiljillion series is due to different spin offs that are often standalone and take place in an alternate universe. Good thing though is Iron Blooded Orphans is standalone and takes place in it's own AU. Which I have heard good things all around about MSG: IBO. You can safely watch it to understand the plot and context, just know it is not connected to the Universal Century timeline (UC)

Gundam Unicorn on the other hand, is the last main series in the Universal Century timeline and universe. The UC timeline is the bread-and-butter MS Gundam series', from where it started, to tropes and themes, that inspire and paid homage to this day in more modern Gundam series airing and already finished.

For best context it is recommended to watch the following: Mobile Suit Gundam, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ, and Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack.
Where MSG '79 (1979) is available as a series or compilation movies that nail the overall plot well while only losing minor extra, Zeta Gundam movies are usually not recommended because honestly the movie 'translation' makes drastic change to how it ends, which the ending is considered non-canon. It would make the follow-up series not applicable. ZZ Gundam is only available as a series and in Japanese only because for whatever reason it had no English dub done. MSG: Char's Counterattack is a finale movie for the original '79 series with better animation. Of course you could just look up the basic plot and there is also this handy chart for pros vs cons and where to start. Courtesy of /m/
Press image from new tab to enhance zoom ofc
[close]

Tl;dr though, I would recommend trying MSG: Iron Blooded Orphans if you are pressed for time otherwise. Toonami playing a modern Gundam series is a boon for fans and the animation channel block alike. I hope IBO is not replaced for good by Gundam Unicorn, which they should be doing a marathon of early UC so people know more than jack all while giving Unicorn a try.

Really, just because the dated animation did not do well on first run on Toonami with the original MSG series, if they are airing Unicorn they ought to know people need background context one way or another. And I hope it airs alongside IBO's current season or will swap places with IBO once the next season is dubbed.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 05:16:13 am by usnavy30 »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 29, 2016, 05:54:59 am »
ill probably give the Iron blooded orphan one a try. I was kinda just hoping there was someplace where i could just hop in and watch without watching all the previous stuff.

Tbh when it comes to anime ill watch practically anything but 2 types of things: extremely long series and old anime.