Author Topic: "The War of the States" 4/10 Players (Currently Accepting New Players)  (Read 5736 times)

Offline Doge

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: N/A
  • Side: Neutral
The War of the States

Relive the Civil War; the war that tore the United States in half .

A Nation Divided is a forum game similar to the Roll to Dodge series. In this game, you will create you character (They can be historical people, the character must be accepted by the gamemaster to be able to use it) and then the game will progress through the war. You will have to make choices and commit to actions and scenarios that occur due to other events. National events, such as elections, assassinations, etc. will be posted in bold by the gamemaster (me). These will effect how the game progresses. For example, if an important commander is killed in battle, troops under him will be effected by decreased morale. Also, is a government official is killed or dies of natural causes, the entire nation that he served will be effected in a positive or negative way.

Characters should be logical and sensible, and will have their strengths and weaknesses. For example, if a character who is created who is a higher rank, and excels at defensive strategy, then that character may fall back in offensive strategy, as was the case for most commanders. The gamemaster has the right to void (or ignore/delete) any actions that are not relevant to the circumstance, or would've never happened. Characters can be promoted from their current rank by their commanding officer, but it MUST be with good reason if that commanding officer is player-occupied. Otherwise, the gamemaster will give out occasional promotions to characters who realistically and historically could've been promoted for their actions or abilities. Female characters ARE allowed to masquerade as males. This game attempts to historically recreate the period, and since this was something that happened, it will be allowed, but to an extent. If the gamemaster sees that the ability to use female characters is being abused, they will be banned from the game.

Players can be either Union or Confederate. Foreign Intervention is not allowed, although foreign observers are. Observers may not lead men into battle, as this was not their role. They merely watch the fighting, and hang around the generals. Most of the time, they were assigned to a general's staff. For example, Lieutenant Colonel Arthur Freemantle of the British Coldstream Guards was assigned to Lieutenant General James Longstreet's staff. He did not actually assist Longstreet or any of the sort, but he did observe. The following will be the same for in-game observers.

When an event occurs, and a character reacts, the gamemaster will roll a dice, and depending on what the dice lands on, the results will be different.

Character Application Format
Code
Appearance (What your character looks like. A picture would be nice):
Background:
Allegiance:

[b]Attributes (Vary depending on characters rank, only have four points to use, explain why you have these in your background)[/b]

[u]Officers[/u]
Defensive Command:
Offensive Command:
Morale:
Leadership:
Strategy:

[u]Enlisted Men[/u]
Strength:
Speed:
Accuracy:
Melee:

Characters

Spoiler
Brigadier General James Longstreet
Spoiler

Background: James Longstreet (January 8, 1821 – January 2, 1904) was one of the foremost Confederate generals of the American Civil War and the principal subordinate to General Robert E. Lee, who called him his "Old War Horse." He served under Lee as a corps commander for many of the famous battles fought by the Army of Northern Virginia in the Eastern Theater, but also with Gen. Braxton Bragg in the Army of Tennessee in the Western Theater. Biographer and historian Jeffry D. Wert wrote that "Longstreet ... was the finest corps commander in the Army of Northern Virginia; in fact, he was arguably the best corps commander in the conflict on either side."

Longstreet's talents as a general made significant contributions to the Confederate victories at Second Bull Run (Second Manassas), Fredericksburg, and Chickamauga, in both offensive and defensive roles. He also performed strongly during the Seven Days Battles, the Battle of Antietam, and until he was seriously wounded, at the Battle of the Wilderness. His performance in semiautonomous command during the Knoxville Campaign resulted in a Confederate defeat. His most controversial service was at the Battle of Gettysburg, where he openly disagreed with General Lee on the tactics to be employed and reluctantly supervised the disastrous infantry assault known as Pickett's Charge.

He enjoyed a successful post-war career working for the U.S. government as a diplomat, civil servant, and administrator. However, his conversion to the Republican Party and his cooperation with his old friend, President Ulysses S. Grant, as well as critical comments he wrote in his memoirs about General Lee's wartime performance, made him anathema to many of his former Confederate colleagues. His reputation in the South further suffered when he led African-American militia against the anti-Reconstruction White League at the Battle of Liberty Place in 1874. Authors of the Lost Cause movement focused on Longstreet's actions at Gettysburg as a primary reason for the Confederacy's loss of the war. His reputation in the South was damaged for over a century and has only recently begun a slow reassessment
Attributes Explained: Longstreet was seen as a good defensive commander, and was always under the opinion that the idea was to conduct a defensive campaign wherever possible. He was not in favor of staying in Gettysburg during the battle, and proposed to flank the Union army, which was denied. He was a good commander, who his troops respected. He had the air of a good commander around him, and gave a good vibe to his troops.
Personality: Cautious, Calculative, 'Defending General'
Allegiance: Confederate States of America

Attributes (Vary depending on characters rank, only have four points to use, explain why you have these in your background)

Officers
Defensive Command: 2
Offensive Command: 0
Morale: 1
Leadership: 1
[close]
Colonel Géza Mihalótzy
Spoiler
Colonel Géza Mihalótzy

Appearance :
Background: Géza Mihalótzy was born April 21, 1825, at Nagyvárad, Hungary and entered the Austrian Military Academy in Wiener-Neustadt at age thirteen. Mihalótzy served as captain in the 7th Hungarian Army Corps during the 1848-49 Hungarian War of Independence and following the revolution immigrated to Illinois. Just before the Civil War, he organized Hungarian, Czech and German recruits at Chicago from the city athletic and social clubs into a militia company named ‘Lincoln's Riflemen’ that merged into Frederick Hecker’s 24th Infantry Illinois. They mustered into Federal service July 8, 1861, with Mihalótzy appointed lieutenant colonel. He became colonel when Hecker returned to the State to organize the 82nd Illinois. The 24th Illinois served with distinction at Perryville, Stones River, Chickamauga, Missionary Ridge and the battles of the Atlanta campaign. Mihalótzy was severely wounded at Chickamauga and had barely recovered when he was mortally wounded in Northern Georgia and died March 11, 1864. He is buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, in Section A, Grave 439.

D. Command: He led a football team when he was 13 and he learnt much  about commanding others. He was good at defending wicket.
O. Command: He led a football team when he was 13 and he learnt much  about commanding others. He was also good in leading his teammates into charge
Morale: After one loosed football battle he encouraged his teammates. He began to improve his vocabulary and became intelligent
Personality: Nice guy. Likes to chat. Will help if someone has any problem
Allegiance: UNION FOREVER

Attributes (Vary depending on characters rank, only have four points to use, explain why you have these in your background)

Officers
Defensive Command: 1
Offensive Command: 1
Morale: 2
Leadership:
Strategy:
[close]

Corporal Samuel White
Spoiler
Name:Corporal Samuel White

Background:I was born in a small town in South Carolina. My parents owned a successful plantation and ofcourse slaves. My family has been kind to the slaves and actually cared for them. In turn, the slaves would work harder and sometimes actually be rewarded. This relationship between the slaves and owners made my family's plantation one of the richest in South Carolina. When my parents died some 10 years ago, I continued treating the slaves as they did. When the south decided to secede, I grabbed my gun and joined the Confederate army. There I was put under the command of Major Nick Lazanis(waiting for him to put a name xD).
Personality:Nice guy. Rarely gets mad
Allegiance:Confederacy

Enlisted Men
Strength:
Speed:
Accuracy:2(Being from a wealthy family, I was lucky enough to have training.)
Melee:2(Being from a wealthy family, I was lucky enough to have training.)
[close]

Major Patrick Cleburne

Spoiler

Background: Irish Lawyer that came to the United States. Respected member of the society,later joined the army to save his state,Arkansas. Served in the army for quite  a long time hence is an experienced veteran. When joining the Confederate army he quickly rose the rank of Major.
Personality: Friendly,Sociable and just.
Allegiance: Confederacy.

Officers
Defensive Command: 0
Leadership:1
Strategy: 1
[close]
[close]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:20:37 pm by Doge »

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: A Nation Divided 1/20 Players (Currently Not Accepting New Players)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 10:15:13 pm »
There is one already...
But I will give it a try

Allegiance: Union (?)

Officers
Defensive Command: How many points can I spend?
Offensive Command:
Morale:
Leadership:
Strategy:

Enlisted Men
Strength:
Speed:
Accuracy:
Melee:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 10:16:53 pm by ProDazzer_ »

Offline Doge

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 10:18:42 pm »
There is?  :-\

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 10:24:19 am »
There is?  :-\
Oh sorry :D

NEW APPLICATION:

Colonel Géza Mihalótzy

Appearance :
Background: Géza Mihalótzy was born April 21, 1825, at Nagyvárad, Hungary and entered the Austrian Military Academy in Wiener-Neustadt at age thirteen. Mihalótzy served as captain in the 7th Hungarian Army Corps during the 1848-49 Hungarian War of Independence and following the revolution immigrated to Illinois. Just before the Civil War, he organized Hungarian, Czech and German recruits at Chicago from the city athletic and social clubs into a militia company named ‘Lincoln's Riflemen’ that merged into Frederick Hecker’s 24th Infantry Illinois. They mustered into Federal service July 8, 1861, with Mihalótzy appointed lieutenant colonel. He became colonel when Hecker returned to the State to organize the 82nd Illinois. The 24th Illinois served with distinction at Perryville, Stones River, Chickamauga, Missionary Ridge and the battles of the Atlanta campaign. Mihalótzy was severely wounded at Chickamauga and had barely recovered when he was mortally wounded in Northern Georgia and died March 11, 1864. He is buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, in Section A, Grave 439.

D. Command: He led a football team when he was 13 and he learnt much  about commanding others. He was good at defending wicket.
O. Command: He led a football team when he was 13 and he learnt much  about commanding others. He was also good in leading his teammates into charge
Morale: After one loosed football battle he encouraged his teammates. He began to improve his vocabulary and became intelligent
Personality: Nice guy. Likes to chat. Will help if someone has any problem
Allegiance: UNION FOREVER

Officers
Defensive Command: 1
Morale: 2
Leadership:
Strategy:

Enlisted Men
Strength:
Speed:
Accuracy:
Melee:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:27:37 am by ProDazzer_ »

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 10:25:25 am »
totally didn't use the name of my forum game https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=26727.0

Offline Doge

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 02:16:10 pm »
Actually, I didn't find out about it until after I made this. I'll change the name or something, or just delete it all together if you want. I was basing this off of Roll to Dodge actually.  :-\

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: "The War of the States" 1/20 Players (Currently Accepting New Players)
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 04:44:03 pm »
it's ok. Good luck with this

Spoiler
[close]
Background: Irish Lawyer that came to the United States. Respected member of the society,later joined the army to save his state,Arkansas. Served in the army for quite  a long time hence is an experienced veteran. When joining the Confederate army he quickly rose the rank of Major.
Personality: Friendly,Sociable and just.
Allegiance: Confederacy.

Officers
Defensive Command: 0
Leadership:1
Strategy: 1

Offline Doge

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: "The War of the States" 1/20 Players (Currently Accepting New Players)
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 04:47:17 pm »
Name?

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: "The War of the States" 2/20 Players (Currently Accepting New Players)
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 05:01:04 pm »
Isin't 20 players little bit too hard to manage?

Offline Doge

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 05:10:56 pm »
Meh, we'll see. This is my first time managing a forum game. I dunno, may reduce it to ten.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 05:22:24 pm »
Name:Corporal Samuel White
Appearance (What your character looks like. A picture would be nice):Background:I was born in a small town in South Carolina. My parents owned a successful plantation and ofcourse slaves. My family has been kind to the slaves and actually cared for them. In turn, the slaves would work harder and sometimes actually be rewarded. This relationship between the slaves and owners made my family's plantation one of the richest in South Carolina. When my parents died some 10 years ago, I continued treating the slaves as they did. When the south decided to secede, I grabbed my gun and joined the Confederate army. There I was put under the command of Major Patrick Cleburne.
Personality:Nice guy. Rarely gets mad
Allegiance:Confederacy

Officers
Defensive Command:
Offensive Command:
Morale:
Leadership:
Strategy:

Enlisted Men
Strength:
Speed:
Accuracy:2(Being from a wealthy family, I was lucky enough to have training.)
Melee:2(Being from a wealthy family, I was lucky enough to have training.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:20:25 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
Re: "The War of the States" 3/10 Players (Currently Accepting New Players)
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2015, 06:35:31 pm »
Who's playing as James Longstreet? Also I hope I'm not going to be the only enlisted
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline Doge

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 06:49:49 pm »
Me C:

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2015, 07:02:54 pm »
Me C:
i don't think you should participate in your own game #rigged

Offline Doge

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2015, 07:07:18 pm »
Okey :c