Author Topic: Troop Stats in N&S(UPDATED FOR V.5)  (Read 9180 times)

Offline Dithon1

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Troop Stats in N&S(UPDATED FOR V.5)
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 05:37:19 pm »
Lol.. There is indeed something wrong.
I wanted to show, that the 33rd and the US regulars are the only units, which had combat expierence. They had rifle and melee training, compared to other regiments.

Maybe you can help me to balance that more, Dithon? :)

I figured that that's what you were going for, but you can't balance this like you would a Total War unit. As it stands I see line battles turning into one big 33rd vs US Regulars fight with no other infantry units involved save perhaps sharpshooters because they're as good (or almost as good, in the case of the Regulars) as the skirmisher infantry with none of the drawbacks in melee combat. Or they'll just be banned outright, who knows? I don't make the rules. 

On a side note, thank you for removing the Sharps and Revolving Rifles.

Oke so, thank you for posting stats but I'd appreciate it if you at least had respect for Hinkel instead of calling him crazy, he made the mod for us, I'm sure he'll work on it but saying there's no reason to play as any other class, means you saying classes win battles, well buddy, players win them, commanding increases/decreases chances of men preforming better/worse, so, a class being stronger than another doesn't mean you have to call the developer insane in which case I'd just tell you to get the hell out of the community if you can't be thankful, and another thing regarding cavalry is that it can dismount and it can fire so yeah.

Offline LucasAvis

• Second Lieutenant
  • To be True, You must first be Loyal.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ser Lucas Avis
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 05:37:52 pm »
I wanted to show, that the 33rd and the US regulars are the only units, which had combat expierence. They had rifle and melee training, compared to other regiments.

He's been itching to talk to you Hinkel  ;)

@Rapid, Dithon has been here since the beginning. Hinkel knows this. Pretty sure he's been shot at a few times by us haha
Oberst of the NR24 (NW)
Colonel of the 11th North Devonshire (AZ)
Colonel of the Devonshire Regiment (IE)
Colonel of the 1st South Carolina Rifles (BCF/WOR)

Offline Hinkel

• Board Moderator
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2014, 10:15:30 pm »

I figured that that's what you were going for, but you can't balance this like you would a Total War unit. As it stands I see line battles turning into one big 33rd vs US Regulars fight with no other infantry units involved save perhaps sharpshooters because they're as good (or almost as good, in the case of the Regulars) as the skirmisher infantry with none of the drawbacks in melee combat. Or they'll just be banned outright, who knows? I don't make the rules. 

On a side note, thank you for removing the Sharps and Revolving Rifles.

Oke so, thank you for posting stats but I'd appreciate it if you at least had respect for Hinkel instead of calling him crazy, he made the mod for us, I'm sure he'll work on it but saying there's no reason to play as any other class, means you saying classes win battles, well buddy, players win them, commanding increases/decreases chances of men preforming better/worse, so, a class being stronger than another doesn't mean you have to call the developer insane in which case I'd just tell you to get the hell out of the community if you can't be thankful, and another thing regarding cavalry is that it can dismount and it can fire so yeah.

Soo.. you aren't able to give any new troop stats, which are more balanaced for you?
I am still waiting for your suggestion!

Offline Dithon1

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 06:59:48 am »
Soo.. you aren't able to give any new troop stats, which are more balanaced for you?
I am still waiting for your suggestion!

Raise the 11th MS/69th NY's Ironflesh and Power Strike skills to 3, to match the other Line Infantry.

Drop the 33rd VA and US Regulars' Crossbow skill down to 150.

Make one of the units of Cavalry on both factions have Light Dragoon stats, and the other have "standard" Dragoon stats. Make sure to give the appropriate troop the appropriate horse. See my (revised) post about the cavalry to see what's what, if you don't already know.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 07:07:15 am by Dithon1 »

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 11:41:52 am »
I dunno, I personally like the stats having a semblence of historical accuracy. Giving the 69th more melee stats and ironflesh would make sense considering their battle doctrine was more focused on the Bayonet at the start of the war.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline LucasAvis

• Second Lieutenant
  • To be True, You must first be Loyal.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ser Lucas Avis
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 12:16:36 pm »
I dunno, I personally like the stats having a semblence of historical accuracy. Giving the 69th more melee stats and ironflesh would make sense considering their battle doctrine was more focused on the Bayonet at the start of the war.

Historical Accuracy = Unfun, Unbalanced, Unfair Line Battles.

Historical Accuracy up to a point. But the majority of things stats wise should be balanced with their opposite number. +/- <10 isnt too bad though.
Oberst of the NR24 (NW)
Colonel of the 11th North Devonshire (AZ)
Colonel of the Devonshire Regiment (IE)
Colonel of the 1st South Carolina Rifles (BCF/WOR)

Offline Rapid

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 02:27:05 pm »

Historical Accuracy = Unfun, Unbalanced, Unfair Line Battles.

Historical Accuracy up to a point. But the majority of things stats wise should be balanced with their opposite number. +/- <10 isnt too bad though.

Hmm, I'd like to add that that historical accuracy might not be as bad as some people see it, however, some regiments prefer shooting, some prefer melee, that's how units should be, there shouldn't be a unit that can take on Tigers on long range as well as take on Iron Brigade in melee, so, finding the balance mixed with historical accuracy should calm things down. On the other hand, I'm not good with stats or the Civil War in general, but I'm sure Hinkel can handle it and the community can help be sharing their opinions :)

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2014, 04:39:27 pm »
So Union Cav are better? Better 1h weps :3
Working on headers in NW is like working on formula 1 2016 engines for 2017.

Offline Dithon1

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 05:08:59 pm »

I'm not sure what your point is. That's what I was suggesting, although not for that reason. Right now they're supposed to be Line Infantry, but Hinkel forgot to raise their power strike and iron flesh skills to match. Same for the 11th MS.

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2014, 11:59:30 pm »
You can't have historical accuracy in a Warband module at all. Ok, fine. This is only Manassas, so it is not that imbalanced. Raise some stats of (historically) battle hardened troops to represent their experience level at start of the battle/war. But then, how would you represent this in the ongoing war? CSA troops under Lees command OP because of their experience? Yankees UP then? But then pls don't make equal numbers in LBs, because this is not historical accurate. US troops outnumbered CS troops in nearly every battle. And their equipment was better towards the end of the war (repeating rifles, Minié balls, Gatling guns, cast iron artillery). Do you want this for this mod or succeeding mods?
I don't think so.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 02:28:59 pm by Friedrich »

Offline Dithon1

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 09:39:13 pm »
You can't have historical accuracy in a Warband module at all. Ok, fine. This is only Manassas, so it is not that imbalanced. Raise some stats of (historically) battle hardened troops to represent their experience level at start of the battle/war. But then, how would you represent this in the ongoing war? CSA troops under Lees command OP because of their experience? Yankees UP then? But then pls don't make equal numbers in LBs, because this is not historical accurate. US troops outnumbered CS troops in nearly every battle. And their equipment was better towards the end of the war (repeating rifles, Minié balls, Gatling guns, cast iron artillery). Do you want this for this mod or succeeding mods?
I don't think so.

No gatling guns were actually ever used. A couple generals bought some privately, but they sat in a warehouse until the war's end.

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2014, 01:11:51 pm »
At least at the Siege of Petersbrug they were used:
A couple Union officers bought a few Gatling guns privately, so the guns did see very limited action during the war. The most notable purchase was by General Benjamin F. Butler, who bought twelve guns at $1,000 each. Two of those guns were used at Petersburg in 1864 to defend against Confederate attacks, and the guns worked quite well.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 05:10:59 am »
Why are zouaves classed as skirmishers?

To my knowledge zouaves were shock infantry or standard line infantry.

Offline Dithon1

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 08:07:11 pm »

Take a trip down Wikipedia Lane and educated yourself.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 09:57:08 pm »

Take a trip down Wikipedia Lane and educated yourself.

Lol. Wikipedia says LA tigers were shock infantry. So please, educate yourself. ;)