Poll

Should we revert the sideblock bug fix, removing the so called melee delay since last patch?

Revert back, introduce the bug again.
96 (51.9%)
Leave it as it is now.
89 (48.1%)

Total Members Voted: 173

Author Topic: Official Poll: Sideblock bug fix.  (Read 32047 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Official Poll: Sideblock bug fix.
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2018, 09:24:37 pm »
low pingers complaining cuz their advantage is gone rip

but i gotta admit that the patch made the game less enjoyable (even tho i voted to keep it) since you poke 10x more than before.
Not complaining that the advantage is gone, I am complaining because now it feels like they do. Its not level even now.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2018, 01:19:19 am »
There are a few anomalies sure, but my summary holds true for the vast majority of people.

Heck, there's ~ 4 people who exclusively code voting to keep!
which 4 people are those.   i am only seeing 2 people who coded for the patch who voted to keep.   

and going off the convo i had the other day, this really isn't even a coding thing for FSE.  should be as simple as turning a certain flag on or off and maybe talking to TW about making tweaks.  so i am not seeing why who codes matters anyways.   
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2018, 02:37:20 am »
which 4 people are those.   i am only seeing 2 people who coded for the patch who voted to keep.   

Vince, Olaf and Caesim for definite (I did say approx. 4 after all  8))

so i am not seeing why who codes matters anyways.

I'm suggesting that perhaps the coders haven't experienced the consequences of their tweaks to a necessary extent before deciding on whether to keep it or not. The sideblock issue has been around forever and we all know why it exists, but to add in an attack delay as opposed to pushing TW to make the necessary engine tweaks is a poor solution that, in my opinion, does more harm than good. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 02:57:55 am by Gordo »

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2018, 02:59:28 am »
and going off the convo i had the other day, this really isn't even a coding thing for FSE.  should be as simple as turning a certain flag on or off and maybe talking to TW about making tweaks.  so i am not seeing why who codes matters anyways.

I'm suggesting that perhaps the coders haven't experienced the consequences of their tweaks to a necessary extent before deciding on whether to keep it or not. The sideblock issue has been around forever and we all know why it exists, but to add in an attack delay as opposed to pushing TW to make the necessary engine tweaks is a poor solution that, in my opinion, does more harm than good.
Olaf isn't a coder. 

and fascinating opinion. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2018, 03:11:32 am »

The delay is the only proper solution... You clearly do not understand how network engines work.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2018, 03:15:58 am »
The delay is the only proper solution... You clearly do not understand how network engines work.

Looks like someone is taking constructive criticism to heart! How about instead to taking swipes at me, you revert your sloppy excuse of a "solution" and correct the two new issues you have introduced - being the constant poking and animation glitching - at the cost of allowing one engine bug (that is hardly game breaking to begin with) to exist.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:37:14 am by Gordo »

Offline Bob_The_Drunken_Villager

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bob
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2018, 07:11:24 am »
I think you should change the melee back to what it was before the patch. I can not put my finger on it, but the updated melee is.. Kinda way to slow in terms of this delay. Before the patch I was able to block 2 players when they stab at me as long as their stabs are just a tiny bit out of sync (meaning not hitting me at the same time, but rather 0,1-0,3 seconds apart). That is no longer the case for me and it frustates me, since I viewed the ability to analyze your opponent and guessing who would stab first to then block both of them very skillfull.

The delay in general is... I dunno really. Feels a lot more "heavy" as Tiberias has pointed out in one of his posts. Great that animations now work more fluently, but I'd rather have faster melee, because again, I feel like it was what I really loved about the NW-Expansion (it's in my eyes more reaction-based/skillbased).

I appreciate what you wanted to do, since I had the sb bug myself many, many times, don't get me wrong. I just feel it was a little bit over-zealous with you trying to fix as much as you can in this probably last proper patch of our beloved game.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 01:40:57 pm by Bob_The_Drunken_Villager »
"When we found the Abyss, we fought.
Through our blood, we did not find what we sought.
New challenger, end us, so we may rot.
For our journey into the Abyss, was all for nought."

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2018, 07:32:20 am »
Old melee is what I preferred due to being able to quickblock multiple people way easier than before, blocking chambers has also changed in timing, now I actually have to put way more effort into it whilst before the timing was just in my head.

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2018, 02:25:11 pm »
There is still the unfixable problem of ping, and the simple fact the lower your ping the easier the game is to play, I played with 6-7 ping on a british server against a gf team Slavic  and won very easily few days later played on a their server with triple that ping and the difference was crazy, evey single block and timing in the game is different.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2018, 02:26:17 pm »
my ping isn't stable anymore but idk if it's polish internet or bad servers idk xd

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2018, 04:19:35 pm »
my ping isn't stable anymore but idk if it's polish internet or bad servers idk xd
Chujova kurwa internetova.

Ping matters.. a lot.. especially in a game focused on timings.

We are taking your comments into consideration. so keep writing your thoughts.

Right now the chance is high we will revert many changes to bring things back to how it was.

About pokes i cannot really comment, we haven't changed much.. perhaps its just linked to the new taleworlds engine version.. see how it is after the comming patch.

cheers.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2018, 04:46:12 pm »
Vince I ever told you I love you?

because I do :')

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2018, 04:46:47 pm »
chance price, chance.

Offline Dark_Knight

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • [IVe]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Talope
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2018, 04:48:17 pm »
2 patchs in a single year?! WTF !!!

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2018, 04:57:46 pm »
Please don't take this hope I have away from me. I am about ready to disband 18e and fuck off so just let me have this.