Author Topic: The Basics to Admining Events - 21st Edition  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Hanover

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hanover
  • Side: Union
The Basics to Admining Events - 21st Edition
« on: May 07, 2016, 06:45:56 am »
The Basics to Admining Events
21st (Royal North British Fusiliers) Regiment of Foot Edition

I'm currently teaching some of my members how to become an admin before I go off to Basic in a few months. They're interested in how I currently admin and setup events. I wrote up my own way of being an admin when it comes to doing numbers and balancing, as well as keeping each regiment happy with what they get (I try to anyways). I'd like to share with those outside the 21st looking to become an Admin of an event sometime soon.

So typically around 7:30pm EST, I'll begin to get numbers from everyone. Typically the 63e will be Artillery along with the 11yHBO (Apart of the Russian Army). Keep the Russian Army in mind when doing numbers because they want to be on the same team. You can always ask if any regiments want to be on a team with one another to make people happy. When assigning teams before the event after getting numbers, you arrange 2 teams, team 1 and team 2 (In this, you'll put what faction when assigning in game so you know who's going France or British or what not). For example:

Team 1 (France) || Total:
===========================

Team 2 (Prussia) || Total:

Typically above the teams listed, you’ll have every regiment, including your own regiment (don’t forget that) with their numbers they put.

So for example, this is from last week:

#1yUC (Cav) - 8-10
12e (Cav) - 14
#11yHBO (Arty) - 6-9
63e (Arty) - 10-12
22BI (Skirms) - 10-15
23rdEire (Skirms) - 9-13
10thRM - 7+
11thMS - 5-6
RSF - 3
21st - 13
Nr4 - 11-14
45e - 10-15
17th - 9-12
#1yKGP - 8-10
3eme - 12
69thNY - 5-6
27th - 4-6

Total: 181

As noted before, the Russian Army will want to be on the same team, that being said it’s pretty easy as the 1yUC (Cavalry), 11yHBO (Artillery), and 1yKGP (Infantry) will be on the same team, knocking out 3 regiments already. That being said, the other specials (Specials being Cavalry and such) will be on the opposing team. When you knock a regiment off the list, put an ‘*’ or anything to remind yourself they’ve been assigned a team. For example, I’ll put a # in front of the Regiments. Make sure you put them in their appropriate team, so the Russian Army will go the Prussia. I’m putting them in Prussia so the 63e, being a French Regiment, will be able to be on the French team. Now when you assign teams, after every regiment you assign, you will update the total number of players (usually estimated, typically I go for the largest estimated number they’ve given me, but that’s up to you). This will help you keep the teams balanced as best as possible, it typically goes pretty well as you’ve seen when I’ve done balancing.

Team 1 (France) || Total: 39/54/88
63e (Arty) - 10-12
12e (Cav) - 14
23rdEire (Skirms) - 9-13
45e - 10-15
10thRM - 7+
11thMR - 5-6
RSF - 3
69thNY - 5-6
3eme - 12

Team 2 (Prussia) || Total:  54/93
11yHBO (Arty) - 6-9
1yUC (Cav) - 8-10
22BI (Skirms) - 10-15
1yKGP - 20
17th - 9-12
Nr4 - 11-14
21st - 13

Each paragraph will update in color above of what happened in order.

This paragraph updated, Red. The previous was black for the beginning.

Now that you have the beginning of your teams set with specials, you can now start assigning line infantry. Currently it’s off balance by a bit, so look for a fairly large regiment to place in France. Keep in mind of regiments in which faction their regiment is based on. With this event, I’ll place the 45e into the French Team.

This paragraph updated, Blue.

Now that it’s balanced, you can begin to place regiments in each team equally. (This part is self explanatory, hopefully)

Now that balancing is over, you can go back to the Regiment Reps Channel and hand out info to the server. The balance is off by 5, but not much we can do with that as we have regiments wanting to stay with another regiment, it’s not terrible, but it’s alright.
Now, when admining the event, you’ll hopefully have Assistant Admins from other Regiments you can trust. In this case, we have 12e KDzombiekiller, 63e Lionblade. Of course you’ll have your Assistant Admins as well to look for anything. Typically, when looking for FOL (Firing Out of Line), look for when it’s pretty obvious. (Sometimes, I let it slide if they’re nowhere near combat) I’m not strict when it comes to rules as typically, there were no rules when it came to war, to an extent. If people complain about someone whom FOL’d, get the name and give a possible warning/slay.

To make your life easier, here’s an admin tool I never knew about until Lionblade told me about it. http://www.moddb.com/mods/adimi-tools/downloads/adimi-tools-v135

There may be more to talk about when it comes to admining, but the rest is typically based off opinion.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 09:02:50 pm by Hanover »
“The most important thing I learned is that soldiers watch what their leaders do. You can give them classes and lecture them forever, but it is your personal example they will follow.”
– General Colin Powell

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The Basics to Admining Events - 21st Edition
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 07:16:41 am »
To make your life easier, here’s an admin tool I never knew about until Lionblade told me about it. http://www.moddb.com/mods/adimi-tools/downloads/adimi-tools-v135

What's it do?  There's no description on the site.

Offline Hanover

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 07:35:34 am »
Hard to explain as it has the same features as the base admin system but it's easier to find players. For example, if you see someone do something, you press a key, and their name pops up over their head. You can then click their name and do various things to them such as slay, kick, ban, freeze, etc. It's just an easier way to find people not following rules for events.
“The most important thing I learned is that soldiers watch what their leaders do. You can give them classes and lecture them forever, but it is your personal example they will follow.”
– General Colin Powell

Offline Yorkshire Pudding

• First Lieutenant
  • If you are reading this I love you
    • View Profile
  • Nick: CoK_King_Yorkshire_Pudding
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 02:09:54 pm »
Hard to explain as it has the same features as the base admin system but it's easier to find players. For example, if you see someone do something, you press a key, and their name pops up over their head. You can then click their name and do various things to them such as slay, kick, ban, freeze, etc. It's just an easier way to find people not following rules for events.

I used too use it is a very helpful tool. The only reason I haven't used it was I couldn't find the update for the tool, thanks for the link!

Basically in the previous version (aka may have changed) you pressed f5/6 and you see the names of the people over their heads and you can click the name, you get the options slay, kick, ban or beacon I believe, good tool.

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 07:20:42 am »
I use this admintool, and it sounds similar to the one you described Hanover.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=25629.0
click here to join the 84th

Offline Hanover

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 07:22:13 am »
I use this admintool, and it sounds similar to the one you described Hanover.

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=25629.0

Exact same one :)
– General Colin Powell

Offline Thundersnow

• Captain
  • Overlord of the 00th Regiment, Time and Space.
    • View Profile
    • www.PlanetThundersnow.com
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 09:50:09 pm »
Damn, that would have been nice to have over my 4 years of running Events...   >:(

Offline Hanover

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 09:52:56 pm »
Damn, that would have been nice to have over my 4 years of running Events...   >:(

No kidding, I was so annoyed once when admining and said in admin chat that I wish there was a better admin tool and of course Glenn messages me on steam asking me if I was joking or not lol
– General Colin Powell

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 12:32:34 am »

No kidding, I was so annoyed once when admining and said in admin chat that I wish there was a better admin tool and of course Glenn messages me on steam asking me if I was joking or not lol
lmao