Author Topic: 100 years ago.  (Read 2344 times)

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
100 years ago.
« on: July 29, 2014, 09:00:34 pm »
Yesterday marked the start of world war one and the 4th of august marks the date that Britain joined the war. I would like you all to just sit and think about the countless lives not only lost but destroyed during the war on all sides. 60,000 Germans, turks and Austrians were imprisoned in England for simply been of that nationality, The Germans killed thousands in Belgium in their first attack and thousands lost their homes and lives when all armies rolled through towns and cities for the first time. But most importantly remember the soldiers who risked their lives to save their homes and families no matter what they believed in. May they always be remembered and not forgotten as simple figures in a text book.

Offline The_Great_Dictator

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: 100 years ago.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 07:00:12 pm »
May it not happen again.

Offline Shredder

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 07:08:17 pm »
preach it

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 12:50:48 am »
And yet we bitch about the removal of the surrender animation and the lag and OP pistol headshots troll medics. Sadly, in many historical games, we start to lose our appreciation and respect of the value of life, amidst the "tripl3killz" and "360n0sc0pezZ". I would say may It never happen again, but the League of Nations, the Great Depression, the Dictators (and other factors) ensured it did.
<3

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 07:43:39 pm »
And yet we bitch about the removal of the surrender animation and the lag and OP pistol headshots troll medics. Sadly, in many historical games, we start to lose our appreciation and respect of the value of life, amidst the "tripl3killz" and "360n0sc0pezZ". I would say may It never happen again, but the League of Nations, the Great Depression, the Dictators (and other factors) ensured it did.

What annoyed me the most is people saying the game wasn't fun because it wasn't like most shooters where you could run around and not get killed. It's a historical game! It's there not only to show that tactics and how you approach a situation much like they did in ww1 is more important than any one mans skill but it is also trying to be historical accurate!

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 10:21:23 pm »

What annoyed me the most is people saying the game wasn't fun because it wasn't like most shooters where you could run around and not get killed. It's a historical game! It's there not only to show that tactics and how you approach a situation much like they did in ww1 is more important than any one mans skill but it is also trying to be historical accurate!

@lomani1c : And I thought that any players interested in historically-based shooter fans had long migrated to Red Orchestra :D

I think that the only thing that really ruined IE for me was the colossal lag. That's what made me stop playing one day :(
<3

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 12:56:37 am »
That was fixed within nearly a week of launch yet everyone said it was too late!?!? Some companies never fix something then 2 years down the line fix it and everyone praises them?!?!

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 01:02:07 am »
That was fixed within nearly a week of launch yet everyone said it was too late!?!? Some companies never fix something then 2 years down the line fix it and everyone praises them?!?!
Those companies are usally called Infinity Ward (or Activision), and their communities are used to getting the same thing for years on end, no change, no real innovation. Sadly, many of the IE players were just curious (possibly casual) players, who didn't have the patience, or time, to pass all of IE's issues and discover the real mod, and abandoned it at start to return to their old, beloved mods. :( A Bad first impression, I guess, was enough to do it for this mod... :'(
<3

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 03:33:50 pm »
You can be critical without coming off as an offensive arse. I think they get what you don't like about the mod. They just don't understand why you are so needlessly hostile over it.