Author Topic: Iron Europe died so Fast  (Read 9526 times)

Offline Pafldings

• First Lieutenant
  • Wachtmeister des HR_Nr5
    • View Profile
  • Nick: kk_HR_Nr5_Wm_Pafldings
  • Side: Union
Re: Iron Europe died so Fast
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2014, 10:26:03 am »
Yes, there are still some active regiments. :) Also my regiment, added you on Steam.

Offline Miller

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2014, 08:10:03 am »
God speed iron Europe!

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2014, 08:25:48 pm »
Someone make D-Day map and host WW1 Omaha beach event, that will bring shizzle loads popularity.

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2014, 06:48:39 pm »
Someone make D-Day map and host WW1 Omaha beach event, that will bring shizzle loads popularity.

I tried to do this but half way through I got called stupid by everyone and they all said it would never work. I was going to make it a siege but in the end the boats just wouldn't work with the fire power from the game. In my tests nobody could leave the harbour without getting shot down.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2014, 06:52:44 pm »

I tried to do this but half way through I got called stupid by everyone and they all said it would never work. I was going to make it a siege but in the end the boats just wouldn't work with the fire power from the game. In my tests nobody could leave the harbour without getting shot down.
Interesting, do you have video footage of this map test?
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2014, 06:58:52 pm »
It's hard to run an event when the game can't handle it. 300 people that day had to be turned down, I'm sure it was the same on the EU side.

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2014, 11:20:37 pm »

No, sorry. I ended up turning it into an Italian campaign in the Alps map. No body ever used it though as everyone left the game.

Here is footage I made for the event. 

Spoiler
[close]

Offline DanyEle

• Board Moderator
  • Sssh! I'm coding, don't disturb :D
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DanyEle
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2014, 09:50:33 am »

No, sorry. I ended up turning it into an Italian campaign in the Alps map. No body ever used it though as everyone left the game.

Spoiler
[close]

Good job on the map and the video. I've always wanted to have an Italian alps map, so I tried and created an Alps map when i first started working on Iron Europe, but it ended up with being a very poorly made map. So i just coded in maps made by others. For the next patch, a few new maps could make a good addition. If you'd like to contribute to Iron Europe with your mapping skills, please do let me know.

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2014, 12:38:26 pm »
I've been making some maps for fun for a while, I guess I will TRY to make D-Day.

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2014, 12:56:14 pm »
ModDB download link doesn't work for me, anyone know any links?

Offline Rival

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2014, 01:20:21 pm »
Try off talesworld.
Working on headers in NW is like working on formula 1 2016 engines for 2017.

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 07:43:11 pm »
Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]

Good job on the map and the video. I've always wanted to have an Italian alps map, so I tried and created an Alps map when i first started working on Iron Europe, but it ended up with being a very poorly made map. So i just coded in maps made by others. For the next patch, a few new maps could make a good addition. If you'd like to contribute to Iron Europe with your mapping skills, please do let me know.
[close]

I would love to give you the map to look at. I might have to edit it a bit because right now it is a siege map. It's not meant to be played as a traditional siege though. There is very little defense other than the mountains them selves. The time it take for the attackers to get there is extra long and was meant to be played with only 2 rounds. If I edited it into a team death match or battle it would be a great map for hiding and dodging about. What do you think?

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2014, 09:21:53 pm »
I have a D-Day Map for Omaha Beach for NW

Spoiler
[close]

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2014, 09:29:05 pm »
I have a D-Day Map for Omaha Beach for NW

Spoiler
[close]

Do the boats work though? It isn't cool without the official boat stage where everyone is tense. I suppose now I think about it I could have a giant 1 way invisible wall. i'm thinking of making a training map for all regiments to use. Try to make it look like an actual ww1 training sight. Will get back to you on that if I ever take it up again.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2014, 10:40:27 pm »
DDay is so stupid and boring. Cant you imagine anything else?

Make a gallipoli map. That would make sense, fit the era and would be more fun than this shit. Seriously. Stupid DDAY everywhere.