Author Topic: Just Bought into the War of Rights Alpha - AMA  (Read 2378 times)

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Just Bought into the War of Rights Alpha - AMA
« on: December 08, 2016, 10:29:08 pm »
Just raised my pledge on WoR to $69 to have access to the alpha, ask me anything.
xD

Offline Reginald Schneider

• Brigadier General
  • Can't stop a <snip>
    • View Profile
    • GunZo and Regi
  • Nick: 60th_Cpt_<snip>
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Just Bought into the War of Rights Alpha - AMA
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 10:48:03 pm »
why don't you go outside more?
god of memes
#RaceTo1000 https://i.imgur.com/sQrpb6d.jpg

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 11:01:38 pm »
>Implying somebody gives a fug :-DDDDDD
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 11:04:14 pm by Rutger Müller »

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 02:16:11 pm »
QUICKY! SOMEONE CALL DUURING!

Offline Andee

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 05:38:27 pm »

No! Don't tell dad! I let you hit me as hard as you can if you don't tell dad!
xD

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 09:24:56 pm »

No! Don't tell dad! I let you hit me as hard as you can if you don't tell dad!
Deal

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 09:25:38 pm »
This thread is going to get ripped. Inb4 delete.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 06:43:09 pm »
On a scale of 1-10, how much do you like the devs telling you what units you can and cannot form?
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 09:21:17 pm »
why should we care about this shit game?

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 03:50:22 am »
Worst 90$ I ever spent in my life, and I pre-ordered Rome II Total War. People can call FSE cancer all they want, but the WoR community consists of a bunch of boring, lifeless and mundane people with even duller ideas and plans for the games future. Its  like if you made hard tack into a game community. Although I do like the company tool they setup - its fucking fantastic.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 08:52:32 am »
Although I do like the company tool they setup - its fucking fantastic.

It would be amazing, if they'd let you make what you want and didn't try to limit what you call yourself.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Hinkel

• Colonel
  • Confederate Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gen_Hinkel
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 09:30:44 am »
Although I do like the company tool they setup - its fucking fantastic.

It would be amazing, if they'd let you make what you want and didn't try to limit what you call yourself.

The game is about the Maryland Campaign of 1862 and features just the 4 battles during that campaign. Every single unit of that campaign is available ingame for playing (about 900 regiments), thats why the company tool is limited to those units ;)
War of Rights is going for an authentic approach, so to have units like the 54th MA would be ahistorical, since those units in the company tool are also going to be ingame. The company name, the ranks and all that, you set up in your company tool, are available ingame.
If you add ALL companies/regiments, which fought in the war, it would be an insane amount of work, besides the historical accuracy. I don't want to fight against a 54th MA at Antietam for example.
So as you can see, there is a huge design and historical aspect behind that move, to limit the units to those, who actually fought IN the Maryland Campaign. ;)

Once other campaigns are released, like Gettysburg, Shiloh, Manassas or so.. other units are "unlocked".
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:44:01 am by Hinkel »

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 10:58:00 am »
I know why you did it, but on principle, I do not like developers telling you what to name your community. I also don't like a "clan" being a company, but that is for other reasons. When it comes to these aspects, I don't particularly care about accuracy as pretext for the two systems. Obviously, this is what you guys are going for, but it is not for me. Firstly, I have little interest in the units involved in the Maryland Campaign and secondly, the company system makes moving to the game with my community hell, because we can no longer claim our own identity as a single identifiable group; we have to share the name with a bunch of other random people.

Again, your development decisions and what your community likes, but it is definitely not for me. I would go ahead and be whatever I wanted to anyways if I didn't feel like further recruitment and community relations would be stifled by Devs/Community for doing so.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 01:50:37 pm »
I like the historical accuracy, my main gripe with WoR is probably that there could have been some cool features implemented which would prolong the games life (similar to how mount and blades melee system has prolonged the games life extremely)had it not been for the interest of hyper realism. That and also I'm fairly certain that the community all have aspergers and have smoked way too much autism

I am also still extremely skeptical that the game can support a player count of over 70 without shitting itself

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 12:27:35 pm »
I fully agree with the perspectives of the community being "hard tack" and Rutger's comments. You get shit on for not "putting enough effort" into your thread or for unknowingly forming a non-Maryland unit. God's save you if you form a foreign unit. There are a few gems here and there but mostly I now prefer to keep myself an arms length away from annoying who is not in my unit or a decent unit commander.

My biggest concern has always been the server sizes.