Author Topic: Crimean war (1854-1855) mod  (Read 144334 times)

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ivkolya
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Crimean war (1854-1855) mod. Need help, especially with scripts
« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2015, 12:13:34 am »
Thanks! I know that tutorial (it's great, I even translated it for russian M&B forum :) ), but it is for multiplayer, and the question was about singleplayer, sorry I didn't mention it at first :) For multiplayer part of mod I'll make new section (or even few new sections) or even two Allied factions - in summer and winter uniforms.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,302094.0.html here is answer to changing winter/summer seasons, but question about changing uniform in the same time is still open :)

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2015, 02:15:17 am »
Officer of Rifle Brigade

Spoiler

[close]

I haven't found images of Rifle Brigade officer's coatee good enough, so I have little idea how it looked like, all I found - coatee was hussars pattern and drawings of that time and pictures of some sculpture. I tried to make coatee as accurately as possible, but I think there is some inaccuracy in lacing. So I will very thankful if anyone can tell me, where can I find proper images of Rifle Brigade officer's coatee or just if somebody will correct me, what I did wrong:)

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2015, 07:12:41 pm »
  I was about to say you should get in contact with the re-enactment group for the Rifle Brigade but I see you already have. If Osprey doesn't have it then I cannot think where else. Looking at it, it looks like the officers uniform had hardly changed from the Napoleonic Wars (I do not know if they were still wearing the pelisse by the Crimea, I doubt it. The one photograph I can find that Fenton did of an officer from the Rifle  Brigade shows him not wearing one).
http://s73.photobucket.com/user/GrantRCanada/media/Victorianmilitary/Early%20Holsters/MajorWoodford-RifleBrigade.jpg.html
  I am being a bit pedantic but I am not sure if the sash is a little too bright red. Most sashes I see seem to be more of a burgundy shade, although that may be more due to them fading after a while. Also officers should have peaks on their caps, other ranks do not have peaks as far as I am aware. It was like this with forage caps in the Napoleonic Wars (they were a different style back then) and from the Photographs I have seen, officers in the infantry at least had peaked caps. Otherwise looking good.
]

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2015, 08:10:15 pm »
Officer of Rifle Brigade

Spoiler

[close]

I haven't found images of Rifle Brigade officer's coatee good enough, so I have little idea how it looked like, all I found - coatee was hussars pattern and drawings of that time and pictures of some sculpture. I tried to make coatee as accurately as possible, but I think there is some inaccuracy in lacing. So I will very thankful if anyone can tell me, where can I find proper images of Rifle Brigade officer's coatee or just if somebody will correct me, what I did wrong:)
Nice :)

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2015, 08:35:37 pm »
Thanks for answer! I hope re-enactors will answer me too :)
As far as I know Rifle Brigade officers wore hussar pattern uniform (for officers - with 5 rows of buttons) with regimental changes, and it seems they didn't wear pelisse, neither hussars also did not wear it (they had it with them though, I'm sure). Sashes were of crimson, but I don't know how exactly this color of new sash (not after 150 years) looked like, so for now I leave texture of sashes from NW. Also I didn't change cartouche, will change it later.
If by peaks you mean peaks as visors - this officer has one (but I made cap, using sculpture in attachments as example, so I don't know how exactly looked like cap of Rifle Brigade officers, and if they had badge on cap, like other regiments did).

In attachments are pictures I found on Internet and used as example for model (there are more, but these are most clear)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 12, 2015, 08:09:50 pm »
Theme is not closed, it was accidentally, I think, Really, I don't know how it happened O_o

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2015, 12:00:21 am »
Just checking in since I haven't in a long time. My god, that's a lot of progress! Probably over a thousand times faster than the old project progressed, it's good to see that. I'm loving the uniforms for the most part, the 42nd hat seemed a bit squarish at the top, but in general it's great stuff! And greater that it's getting done. Any updates?

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2015, 07:57:22 am »
Just checking in since I haven't in a long time. My god, that's a lot of progress! Probably over a thousand times faster than the old project progressed, it's good to see that. I'm loving the uniforms for the most part, the 42nd hat seemed a bit squarish at the top, but in general it's great stuff! And greater that it's getting done. Any updates?

I think they are preparing for a big update

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2015, 09:07:53 am »
Thanks for keeping interest in this theme:) I already changed bonnets of Highlanders, but I will update screenshots, when I finish sporrans and make officers.
Currently there is too little new material to show, all this time I made researches, fixed already finished models, and learned how to make scene props and we tried to make White Tower of Malakhoff, but there is yet a lot of work with it, and a lot of learning, so I decided first to finish main uniforms of all nations, and then work on scenes. Now I'm working on uniforms of cavalry officers, so I think they will be next, in few days, I hope:)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 09:11:56 am by Ivkolya »

Offline JamJon1822

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 51st_JamJon1822
« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2015, 11:37:58 am »
If you need i can help out with a few maps, if you need my help add me on steam: [51st] JamJon1822 and if you want to see what i can do look at this :) https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=26227.0

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2015, 11:47:35 am »
Really nice job :)

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2015, 06:43:52 pm »
As promised before - officers of Heavy Brigade at Balaclava

2nd Royal North British Dragoons (Scots Greys)
Spoiler

[close]

5th (Princess Charlotte of Wales's) Dragoon Guards
Spoiler

[close]

6th (Inniskilling) Dragoons
Spoiler

[close]

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 30, 2015, 06:58:51 pm »
Looks great!

Are you working on the British now? When will you start working on France?

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 30, 2015, 07:36:18 pm »
I want to finish first British main troops - infantry, cavalry, artillery and engineers, it shouldn't take long, but too many time take researches, each British regiment had their own special badges and many types of uniform (that's why there are so many British regiments made, to show different uniforms), so I must to search information about every regiment, as example only today I found how looked like coattail badge of Scots Greys:) But now I have almost all needed information and mainly British army is finished, I must make other officers, musicians, artillery and horses.
After finishing British army I'll start making French army, it will be way simplier and quicklier, because they wore greatcoats all the time and so I don't need to make summer and winter uniform, and all equipment was typical and almost the same for all infantry. And French uniform and equipment are already nicely done in Blood and Iron mod, their uniform little changed from Crimean war to WW1. But I think I'll try to make my own models. Of course I must to make some researches to make all right, but it must be much more quicklier than doing British army uniform:) And some French items are ready, as example shako of 7th Line regiment I posted before

Spoiler

[close]

After finishing French army I'll fix Russian army uniform, and maybe after that I'll make Sardinians. Turkish uniform makes Usama, they are pretty nice, I hope he'll show his new results soon:)

After finishing main troops there will be work on personalities (lords), caravan guards, villagers etc.

Btw, is it possible somehow to work in the same time with animations of horse and horseman? As example I want to add stirrups and reins to horse, but they must be good coordinated with animation of horseman
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 07:42:21 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2015, 07:46:04 pm »
Looks great!