Author Topic: Unban Request Please  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Koopa_Troopa

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Unban Request Please
« on: June 15, 2013, 05:27:18 am »
Name under which you were banned - Koopa_Troopa
Server(s) you are banned from-Na-1
What was happening when you got banned- I was warned by William aka Thunderstorm to not kick ( me and Professor my friend were kicking each other and laughing ) then later on in the same map my friend was killed playing the piano by a teammate on purpose. Clearly there were no enemies nearby at all, so I ran up like a moron and kicked the guy about 3 times and said so you like team killing people huh?
Time and date] 12:30 am PST on 6/14/13
Timezone: PST
User Identification Number* (This is a number server admins can find in their logs THIS IS NOT YOUR CD KEY, DONT POST YOUR CD KEY!) I don't know sorry.

Offline chuuch1

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: Unban Request Please
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 06:30:20 am »
So this is how Koopa acts when an admin is in game.  You can imagine what he acts like when there is no admin on.  I hope he stays banned for a good amount of time, as there are numerous complaints about him.  Thanks

Offline Koopa_Troopa

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 06:49:31 am »
Post only if:

- You are a witness and want to support the other user's request;
- You are the player who got banned/want to be unbanned;

Not really sure where you fall into on either of these 00th_Henricus so perhaps you should read the rules on posting and stop trolling me, thanks!

Offline Allasaphore

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 07:07:06 am »
In support of request.

You yourselves have refused to ban individuals who TK and leave, even if reported. Surely a single kick does not deserve a permanent ban, but rather the temporary ban option instead? If indeed one must ban for such antics, and a kick or slay doesn't suffice, I mean to say.

So yes, while he should have followed the administrator's directives, the punishment seems a bit excessive. Perhaps I am missing a part of the story, but regardless, I support the unban request.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 07:12:54 am by Allasaphore »

Offline Professor

• Second Lieutenant
  • hey this is personal text don't look at it
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 87th 87th 87th 87th 87th 87th 87th
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 07:12:07 am »
Chuuch, you have no right to post here. Right now, all you are doing is continuing the squabble between you guys and Koopa. Be reasonable and mind your own business.
phd in being a fucking idiot

Offline Koopa_Troopa

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 07:50:18 am »
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 08:01:16 am by Koopa_Troopa »

Offline Smithy

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 07:55:43 am »
To be entirely honest, I like Koopa, I consider him a friend, but he stirs up some shit.  I support him in that he's a good guy and doesn't mean anything by what he's doing however, myself and William (Thunderstormer) have personally warned him dozens of times, slayed him on multiple accounts and I think William may have banned him or at least threatened to ban him in the past.  Koopa isn't causing a whole lot of trouble with this kicking / punching business, however he is not obeying server rules and is not adhering to administrator's requests.  I am in favor of unbanning Koopa after a day or so, in hopes that this will teach him a lesson.  It doesn't matter if you're just fuckin' around with your buds, if you're breaking the rules, you're breaking the rules, and if an administrator tells you to stop, you stop or get dealt with, end of story. 

Smithy

Today was a good day we have taken a step closer too saving this community from cancer.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 10:38:58 am »
My thoughts are pretty much a long the lines of Smithy's on this.  We have warned you multiple times over steam and in game.  (can't post steam messages here so I wont but my point still stands)  The rules are the rules.  I cant just enforce them on particular people and not others.  When I have people telling me someone is teamwounding or teamkilling, I do my best to try and catch them in the act.  Friend or foe, I still have to punish.  This isn't some personal vendetta as some think it to be.

I had numerous people telling me you were teamwounding which is why I stopped by to check(in spectator) and make sure you were following the rules.  Now you and Sal asked me why I didn't punish Bull fast enough.  At the time of the teamkill, I was watching the Prussians run across the map to the house where all the British were camping with rockets and the British themselves that were camping.  I as an admin can't see everything on the map so I have to do some internal math to decide where I should spend my time watching.  Should I be watching the guy across the map on the piano or the house full of British with rockets with Prussians attacking?   I got a message from a person in the server(they can post here if they wish) that I should slay Bull for teamkilling.  I had to cycle through the list of players before I came across Bull standing next to a piano with a dead body slumped over on it.  I saw that there was no enemy around so he  did indeed deserve a slay.  As I was in the process of slaying, you came up and started kicking him.  Now I have 2 problems to deal with.  Here is the picture of the kicking:
Spoiler
[close]

Confirmed it was Koopa and punished him and Bull accordingly.

Now I explained my reasoning before regarding teamwounding but I can't tell if it was ignored, wasn't understood, or just didn't agree with it by the person that was banned.

I can't as an admin let you go and punch and kick your friends even if they give consent.  What normally ends up happening is someone else sees this and they think "hey, he just kicked Joey in the ass, maybe I'll kick Billy in the ass for fun."  Billy gets upset he was just kicked and teamwounds or teamkills in revenge.  When I end up punishing them both for their rule breaking, the one who teamwounded will ask "why I am getting in trouble for this but not him?"  That is a double standard and undermines what I am trying to do as an admin.  Some people think that it is heavy handed but at the end of the day I am trying to prevent any problems from ever starting and keep the peace on the server. (Which is normally full of people teamwounding or teamkilling)  You were there when this happened 2 maps prior between MASTER_OF_THE_BUSHES and Sir_Towlie when after I asked the Russians to stop kicking each other, Sir towlie chased after master because he got kicked.  I ended having to slay one and kick the other for teamwounding and teamkilling.  This is just one example but this one was the clearest one for this case.

I don't think it is that much to ask people to not punch/kick/ etc., their friends.  I think this is reasonable but perhaps it is just me. Self restraint is key.

Also while I am here, I have seen you insult other admins including me(after I temp banned you for teamwounding) when we ask you to stop or punish you for certain offences.  I would ask that you stop your insults in the server and instead message Deofuta or Little Guy here on the forums.  Not only is insulting admins in the server against the rules, but  it wont get you anywhere.  You are just wasting your time while just making our jobs harder.  If you feel an admin is wrong, let the above people know and they will handle it.

You also asked why I don't play to often.  So I'll go ahead and explain it to everyone.  When I am in US1 with 100 or so people, people like to teamwound and teamkill, or break other rules so instead of just watching the 50 people on my team when I am alive, I can watch all 100 people from spectator.(for the most part)  If someone is teamwounding on the other team, how can I see it if I am alive?  Should I swap to spectator and hope I can find the incident in question by cycling through every player?  Sadly the few times I have done this the incident was long done and I found out after it happened.  If I can sit in spectator and insure everyone else can enjoy their stay in US1, I find it worth it.   This is just how I look at admining and part of the reason why I applied for admin in the first place.  This also applies at any other time of the day outside of peak hours.  If other admins are on or people are well behaved, I'll jump into the fray.

Now how long you will be banned is not up to me and I don't feel like recommending a time on it.  I would just ask that you follow the server rules in full.  Even ones you do not like.  Hopefully if and when you do return, you will be nothing but a positive influence on the server.

This will be my only post here. Best of Luck.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:58:47 am by Thunderstormer »
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline LittleGuy

• Second Lieutenant
  • NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LittleGuy
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 09:00:41 pm »
Banned until 6/24/2013.

There were multiple warnings. This thread will be locked until then.