Author Topic: ♠ 91st (Argyllshire Highlanders) Regiment of Foot [NA] ♠ [Disbanded]  (Read 91706 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
Re: ♠ 91st (Argyllshire Highlanders) Regiment of Foot [NA] ♠
« Reply #360 on: January 07, 2018, 06:06:34 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
Farewell to the Nr8 Leib-Grenadier-Regiment

With the departure of Waste going into the USMC, I have decided to no longer continue the Leib Grenadier regiment under its current name and shall be replaced with something else or disbanded whilst Waste is gone. In my honest opinion this regiment has made me extremely happy over the past year and has achieved and overachieved every goal I expected of it. Starting from near next to nothing as some remnants of the 71st and some of Waste’s old Nr37 buddies to be one of North America’s best regiment going along with some of the greats. Yes, you will say you can’t compare the Nr8 to the 12th or whatever regiment you’re thinking of. My point is it was a regiment that was loved and feared by the community, so it goes down in my book being a part of the hall of fame. As with all regiments there is of course drama; drama that will always haunt this regiment throughout time. But I do not care about that, what I truly care about is the amazing memories that I will bring with me even if this is a pile of trash game made by a bunch of turks. The people within the Nr8 were and are some of the funniest, yet racist and rude group of people anyone shall everyone meet in their lifetime. Probably even more racist than most hate groups in America but that’s beside the point. Nevertheless, I would want to thank all within the Nr8 Leib Grenadier Regiment and everyone in the community during its existence for giving me one of the craziest rides I’ve ever been on. Of course, this doesn’t mean the end of the gaming community we do have in teamspeak, but I will no longer do events nor take apart of any community drama or debate about the regiment. Some people may want to continue the regiment, but it will not be under my leadership nor under the name of the Nr8 LG. As stated before, with all of my heart I will want to sincerely thank everyone, friend or foe, for making my life and possibly yours a bit more interesting throughout all of the years we’ve been together.

As that paragraph was a bit cheesy, I am going to list everyone off who has been in the regiment as trying to give my thoughts on them will just take too long and no one is probably going to read it. But of course, if you want to know about them you can always ask me, and I’ll try my best to recall that person. If I get anyone’s rank wrong I’m sorry but I was working off a very outdated roster. What you guys think I remember this shit? I can barely recall some people’s rank sometimes. I may be missing some people but if I can’t remember your name, you’re not memorable.

Spoiler

As you may have seen, I didn’t include any of the former 45e members. Don’t worry, they’re so fucking retarded I decided to separate them into their own category.

Spoiler

The Legacy of the
Leib-Grenadier-Regiment "König Friedrich Wilhelm III.”

To start off, yes, I did make an entire story about my own regiment that I have lead for the past seven months or so. Most regimental leaders before me always worked under the feeling that it is just a game and that, while they enjoyed the moments, the regiments had no special meaning to them, but I am not your ordinary regimental leader. I do take care in what I have done in my five years of playing Mount and Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars, accumulating over three thousand hours. That is about 125 days of constantly playing a single game whilst I could have been doing more productive things besides playing it. During those many days, however, I have had the experience of playing and meeting all different types of people and having many different type of competitive rivalries throughout my years. All of this leads up to the forming of the Nr8 Leib Grenadier Regiment, which I believe has been one of the most successful competitive regiments to play in NW. That being said, the legacy of the Nr8 is quite the tale to tell: its experience facing against many different opponents, internal struggles, and just constant trolling.

November of 2016 to January 1st of 2017

Before the formation of the Nr8, in the final match of the Twitch Napoleonic Wars League, an intense and close match between the 71st and 58e took place that went in favor of the 71st 9-8. Both regiments disbanded after this match, seeing no point in continuing a “cold war” type of engagement where both regiments rarely faced each other. They were the last two big competitive regiments at their time, containing most of the skilled player base that was left in the ever so slowly dying NA community. Seeing a perfect opportunity, Waste, a former 71st Serjeant, reformed the Nr37, the third time being reformed after a hiatus of a year and eleven months. He gathered many men, or as I liked to call them, “trolls”, from the two disbanded regiments and from other regiments to have a galore of cancer flowing within the North American community. I myself did not really feel like joining such a troll of a regiment and was hesitant throughout the early days of the Nr8. However, I took the chance, and decided to join after being a mercenary during the first week of its existence and nearly instantly began co-leading with Waste.

During this time, the North American Premier League started it’s first season. This league was one where unknown regiments were finally given the spotlight, a development league of sorts. As the mainstream competitive regiments had NANWL, TNWL and other such leagues, it was felt that the lesser known regiments who were hesitant to join competitive leagues should be given a chance to compete in a somewhat equal environment. It was a broken league where the Nr8, albeit being somewhat stacked as it was in terms of raw skill, compared to most other regiments at that time. The only two regiments in this league aside from the Nr37 that were contending to win first place were the 30th and the 6te. During this time, the Nr37 had many successful group-fighting wins, remaining undefeated for this entire time period. The same could not be said about the linebattle record, which, during this time, was quite pitiful, including taking one of our worst defeats against the Sil, 8-2. Yet, overtime the regiment’s melee and leadership improved as we took the game more seriously and tried to make a name for ourselves. Around December, Waste and I decided to rename the regiment from the Nr37 to the Nr8 Leib Grenadier Regiment, wanting to not just change our name and begin a new story, but to also remove us from the Nr37’s trolling past.

This period of the Nr8 was not an exhilarating time in terms of competition, but was still a time to learn and improve from our mistakes in terms of leading and group-fighting. This was when the defining aspects of what the Nr8 was to be were developed: a competitive, somewhat disciplined, and fun regiment to be apart of, attracting many over the course of this time. During the month of December, Waste and I invited around 25-30 people to the group to boost our numbers for NAPL and Season 7 of NANWL, adding some new members that would be crucial to the fight against future rivals. These events led to the establishment of the Nr8 as a contender in the NA competitive scene, where we would remain prominently until its final days.

January 1st to February 28th

During this time we were in the running for first place in NAPL, aiming to accomplish our first victory as a regiment. At this team we scored our first major victory, defeating a prominent powerhouse regiment in the league, the 30th, 6-4. After this, however, we ended up not doing as well as we could have done, only tyng the USMC 5-5, which, I will admit, was one of the worst days I’ve ever had while leading the regiment. However, we improved and got over these matches and were planning to defeat the 6te SLR, the only other regiment that had some competent players and a leader that had been leading for a significant amount of time. The line battle itself was a very stressful one for me and for most others having to deal with the hill camping that made the match last more than an hour and twenty five minutes. As well, when both regiments finally got into melee, it was actually very close and you could not really tell who had a clear advantage. As the pattern goes for most regimental leaders who do or did not hill camp themselves, we took a loss of 4-6 against them, losing a lot of pride and, from what we thought at that time, the league. Hope did glimmer, though, because of what was discovered after the match: Irish stupidly played Maniac, a former USMC officer who joined specifically to play in the match under a different name. As it should, this caused an unfortunate turn of events for them as they were “kicked out” from the league by Nappy. This put Irish in a sticky situation, which he eventually fixed by disbanding after seeing many of his officers leaving. This caused us to believe that we still had a chance to win the league but could not do anything, standing on the sidelines to watch the 30th and AEF match and hoping the AEF could win. However, they lost 7-3 and the Nr8 ended up claiming 2nd place in the Premier League, a disappointing defeat for us. We did not give up - instead, we persisted to continue to improve our strategies in line battles and to better ourselves in melee in the hope of winning Season 7 of NANWL.

Our group fighting record during this time remained undefeated, usually facing the same regiments over and over again, due to not many wanting to face us and not many regiments remaining. At this time, we had around eight victories over the 32e, two victories against the 45e, and two over the 63e. As well, we had improved our line battle tactics by just going straight at the enemy, exchanging one or two volleys and charging, ultimately a successful strategy. Around this time, we had a successful 1v1 winning 8-2 against the 57th, a reformed 45e who were the only regiment to rival us in NWL. Around this time we gained new members, including Theodin who would soon become an unteroffizier, as well many others that I will mention later on. Then, on February 12th, the 7th season of NANWL officially began, with the Nr8 being in League one where the most skilled regiments were placed. This league, run successfully by Amit, created an environment of intense competition with the goal of winning first place. Winning NANWL means that regiment at that period of time is the best overall regiment in terms of leading, shooting :p, and melee in comparison to all others. So this was the time for the Nr8 to show its full potential of being the best regiment in 2017.

The North American Napoleonic Wars League is the most prestigious league to win, and has been throughout all of competitive NA NW. Many before the Nr8 like the 63e and 71st have had close and intense final matches that decided the league’s outcome, even by one round. This season was no exception to that stereotype, with the deciding match between the Nr8 and the 57th being an exciting affair. However, the whole season was intense, and before I talk about that match, I probably should go through how the entire league went as a whole.

On February the 19th, our first match was against the 32e, who at the time had a lot of former 3eVolt members who were competent and could well win the match for them if used effectively by getting into melee. However, their tactics involved hill camping and shooting, misusing their advantage, while the Nr8 still had a more aggressive tactics of trying to shoot one volley and then charging. The match was very close, lasting more than 45 minutes with most of the engagements being shooting across the map. In the end, we achieved a narrow victory for the Nr8 6-4 against the 32e, proving our capability to come together and face against all odds especially against a regiment who only played their best while we brought and played however many was possible. The next week, on February 26th, we were to face off against the 4th, a regiment led by both Nico and Godfried, with also a former 3eVolt Colonel AsianP in their ranks. The match was a complete slaughter and is not worth mentioning due to it being a 9-1 victory for the Nr8. A glorious revenge after what had happened nearly a month before, when the 4th won 6-4 against the Nr8 in a non-league 1v1. Thus, the month of February ended with two victories for the Nr8, as we were steaming towards the goal of utter victory.

The months of January and February was both successful and unsuccessful for the Leib Grenadiers. They were successful in our continuous victories in group fighting matches against few, but worthy, opponents. As well, we achieved our first two victories in NWL and recorded our victories in NAPL. Our faults were, namely, our losses against the 6te SLR in NAPL and our matches tying the USMC and losing to the 4th. Nonetheless, we showed improvement in our capabilities that I thought would not be possible within a usual regiments life which is, in my opinion, around six to nine months. This improvement only led to our victories in NWL, smaller tournaments, and RGL.

March 1st to March 31st

March deserves to be reviewed in its own category for how eventful this time was for us. Our victory in NWL made us interested in the game again, and we were the most dominant regiment during this time. We claimed many victories in NWL and added continuous victories to our group fighting record, but added defeats to it as well. This was the time where if we always had this line-up, no regiment could be able to defeat us, well, expect super regiments such as the 12th, 71st, and others you may know if you have been in the community as long as I have. Many of those regiments before had many skilled and well known melee stars that set them apart from most regiments, while all we had was raw group-fighting skill. We started from only bring ten to fourteen people in November, to bringing an average of eighteen or more during March, all skilled individuals. March defined the Nr8’s stance in the community with wins in NWL, non-league 1v1s and group-fights, and tournaments.

To start off this month, a horrific turn of events happened on March 5th during the NWL match between us and the 30th. Many of us believed that the match was going to be an easy stomp, not having to care about melee and discipline. This was not the case, with the 30th running away and hill camping and once we did get close the melee performance we showed was identical to the performance vs the 6te SLR. Hell, the entire match felt like we were facing off against the 6te SLR because of the melee being stupidly close and that many of our members were falling short of their potential. The match ended in a tie, nearly tipping the balance of power in the match between the 57th and the Nr8, making it to where the Nr8 had to win the match at least 6-4 to win the season. Determination from all of the officers, which at that time was just Waste and I and a couple of NCO’s, was needed, with only two weeks time to prepare for the match. In the meantime, we had our NWl match against the USMC in the middle of those two weeks on March 12th, resulting in the first 10-0 victory on the record for the Nr8. As the score suggests, the match was an overall sweep with the Nr8 just dominating in tactics, shooting, and of course melee. The next week would decide who would be champions of  NANWL Season 7, potentially the last season of this storied league.

The finals matched, scheduled on March 18th, at 8pm eastern standard time, with both teams bring twenty plus to the engagement. Both regiments contained players skilled in melee and would decide the fate of the line battle and the fate of who would win the season. The two sides of the map were uneven, with the 57th at first having the high ground (meme) while we had the plains. It seemed one sided but the Nr8 was able to successfully counter the tactical positioning of the 57th. The melee was close and the shooting usually decided who would win the round by how even the melee was. The first half ended in a 3-2 victory for the Nr8. Now having the hill side of the map, it should have been a lot easier to win. However, it was even closer than before with the 57th hiding behind a hill and waited for the move out order from the admins, waiting for the perfect trap to kill all of us. Their two wins that side came because of that scenario. The last round was the closest of all with the Nr8 winning the overall melee but coming down to a 5v2 with the Nr8 up. Tragedy struck when Wiki failed to block and Waste team killed Vader. Following that, Orcaryo failed to block a simple switch. It was a 2v2 between Waste and Swerp against Suns and Fox. This 2v2 would decide the league and legacy of the Nr8. Swerp was able to find a simple footlance onto Suns, becoming a 2v1 situation against Fox. Swerp fortunately glanced off of Waste’s back and the two were able to regroup and kill Fox. The match was won for the Nr8 winning 6-4 securing its legacy and solidifying itself within the NA community. Days after the match, the 57th disbanded due to much hatred between each other for the loss against us, thus making the Nr8 the best North American Regiment for two to three weeks.

After basically the final match that decided who would win NWL, we had to finish our last league match against the LIR. This of course, was not difficult at all with us winning 10-0, finishing the league with a strong performance and eliminating all competition for some time. Also I should mention the times the Nr8 went artillery in public line battles and had some success at it, sometimes due to regiments not wanting to do anything against us or we just wanted to go it because we just wanted to troll and have a break from 1v1s and group-fights. Most of the time we got our kills from just going into melee rather than actually killing people with the cannons. As well I should mention our numerous times going to the line only event hosted by Midnight at this time where we mostly trolled around, even ambushing our enemies by hiding in glitched spots on the map. That concludes the month of March, which had many victories to the cost of some defeats, but through all of this lessons were learned during our golden age as a regiment.

The End. Or is it?

I never had the time to complete the whole history of the Nr8 nor will I be able to ever finish it due to time constraints and fallen in memory of those past events. To be honest, everything before April does need a little story for some who thought we started as an overpowered regiment right off the bat, which wasn’t the case. I would want to thank Theodin for editing and working on this with me when we did work on this. It was an enjoyable experience to write and remember all of the anger, sadness, and joy we all had together during those earlier months of the LG. If anyone would like to continue to write this, you can copy and paste this onto docs and do it yourself anytime you want. Otherwise, this little story is to recall all of the moments of the Nr8 between November of 2016 to April of 2017.

Writer: RussianFury
Editor: Theodin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel as though I did not get everything I want to say earlier. Throughout the years, quite a bit of my life (3,460 hours) has been devoted to this game and its community. I’ve had many ups and downs and I’ve always found joy every time I hopped and played on servers such as NA GF or duel or even NA_Official. I do not regret a single second from what I’ve learned about others, and the world. Of course, I would’ve probably been better off doing other things than playing an old game, but that’s too much effort. Nothing anyone will say in response to my farewell message will change my opinion about how I felt I handled my past years. Even for all the trolls who will get a laugh making fun of me for making a long and drawn out farewell message with music, even writing a book about past events of an internet regiment. Nothing will change it, so don’t even bother trying to take a moment away from someone. Anyways, I will miss the micspam in ts before events, the yelling and screaming I did when I got mad at people who did not know what they were doing. Including the horrendous amounts of trolling that did occur in and out of events that I will never understand why people did do it. Only these experiences can be experienced in a ridiculous game such as Mount and Blade: Warband Napoleonic Wars. I guess this farewell message was more of a recollection of all what happened during these 6 years. But a more accurate statement is me just being a cunt on the internet taking a game too seriously. Farewell to all who have read this, and may life bless you in all of your troubles. (this isn't a suicide note btw)

Also a little song I remember singing in High school if you want to listen and read all of what I wrote.
[close]
smh this noob cant even keep a reg for more than a year that has one event a month, smh my head.
made me cringe
yawn. go run to a hill and say that.
who are you?
[close]
im you, but only hated by 50% of the community :P
Last time I checked I wasn't a child,

its kind of a meme that everybody hates me I think most people really dont mind me at all tbh

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #361 on: January 07, 2018, 06:16:59 am »
Spoiler
Oberst RussianFury
Oberst-Lt Wastee
Lt Yoshiee
Uffz Theodin
Uffz Boob
Uffz Glenn
Uffz CluelessWill
Uffz Orcaryo
Kpl Jorge
Kpl NickCole
Kpl Bauer
Kpl Roggeh
S-Gefr Swerp
O-Gefr Predurrdurr
O-Gefr Nevino
Gefr Matt
Gefr Oatmeal
Gefr Domino
Gefr Gandalf
Gefr Dom13
Gefr Wiki
Gefr Gi
Gefr Saltyy
Gefr Lurvy
Gefr Tacoman
Gefr Havoc
Gren Purplish
Gren Kristine
Gren Min
Gren Elite
Gren Free2u2
Gren Price
Gren Rothgar
Gren That_Guy
Gren Essex
Gren Dyre
Gren Fern
Gren Sandi
Gren Kairo
Gren Zappy
Gren Unitatier
Gren Vader
Gren Voodoo
Gren JihadJay
Gren Sharing
Gren Cwater
Gren Pooba
Gren Skitty
Gren Headshot
Gren Rico
Gren Murman
Gren YoloSwag
Gren Colonys22
Gren Darkenmal
Gren Dickhardrock
Gren Jaax
Gren James
Gren Bunnies
Gren Shampoopy
Gren Holborn
Gren Whalefish
Fus BillTheButcher
Fus Rey Mysterio (fireboy)
Fus SkyZ
Fus DanMan
Fus Crocodile
Fus Tacoboy
Fus Maniac
Fus Tucker
Fus Luis
Fus Alexander (the retarded one)
Fus Cheeseypants
Fus Chalres123
Fus Gman
Fus Eazy-E
Fus Pieter
Fus Ogrelord
Fus Porkins
Fus Hando
Fus Foddy
Fus Kalashnikov
Fus Hurstey
Fus HNDRXX
Fus Baptiste
Fus Rogelio
Fus skinny
Fus Aporta
Fus EasterCow
Fus Beansacks
[close]
I left and the reg died instantly.
#IShouldveBeenAnNCO
#HeartAndSoul

sorry to say but no one liked you
I like oatmeme

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #362 on: January 07, 2018, 07:44:09 am »
Oatmeal has brought relevance back to the lightweight title.

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #363 on: January 07, 2018, 07:44:49 am »
Oatmeal has brought relevance back to the lightweight title.
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #364 on: January 07, 2018, 08:20:53 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler

With the departure of Waste going into the USMC, I have decided to no longer continue the Leib Grenadier regiment under its current name and shall be replaced with something else or disbanded whilst Waste is gone. In my honest opinion this regiment has made me extremely happy over the past year and has achieved and overachieved every goal I expected of it. Starting from near next to nothing as some remnants of the 71st and some of Waste’s old Nr37 buddies to be one of North America’s best regiment going along with some of the greats. Yes, you will say you can’t compare the Nr8 to the 12th or whatever regiment you’re thinking of. My point is it was a regiment that was loved and feared by the community, so it goes down in my book being a part of the hall of fame. As with all regiments there is of course drama; drama that will always haunt this regiment throughout time. But I do not care about that, what I truly care about is the amazing memories that I will bring with me even if this is a pile of trash game made by a bunch of turks. The people within the Nr8 were and are some of the funniest, yet racist and rude group of people anyone shall everyone meet in their lifetime. Probably even more racist than most hate groups in America but that’s beside the point. Nevertheless, I would want to thank all within the Nr8 Leib Grenadier Regiment and everyone in the community during its existence for giving me one of the craziest rides I’ve ever been on. Of course, this doesn’t mean the end of the gaming community we do have in teamspeak, but I will no longer do events nor take apart of any community drama or debate about the regiment. Some people may want to continue the regiment, but it will not be under my leadership nor under the name of the Nr8 LG. As stated before, with all of my heart I will want to sincerely thank everyone, friend or foe, for making my life and possibly yours a bit more interesting throughout all of the years we’ve been together.

As that paragraph was a bit cheesy, I am going to list everyone off who has been in the regiment as trying to give my thoughts on them will just take too long and no one is probably going to read it. But of course, if you want to know about them you can always ask me, and I’ll try my best to recall that person. If I get anyone’s rank wrong I’m sorry but I was working off a very outdated roster. What you guys think I remember this shit? I can barely recall some people’s rank sometimes. I may be missing some people but if I can’t remember your name, you’re not memorable.

Spoiler

As you may have seen, I didn’t include any of the former 45e members. Don’t worry, they’re so fucking retarded I decided to separate them into their own category.

Spoiler

The Legacy of the

To start off, yes, I did make an entire story about my own regiment that I have lead for the past seven months or so. Most regimental leaders before me always worked under the feeling that it is just a game and that, while they enjoyed the moments, the regiments had no special meaning to them, but I am not your ordinary regimental leader. I do take care in what I have done in my five years of playing Mount and Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars, accumulating over three thousand hours. That is about 125 days of constantly playing a single game whilst I could have been doing more productive things besides playing it. During those many days, however, I have had the experience of playing and meeting all different types of people and having many different type of competitive rivalries throughout my years. All of this leads up to the forming of the Nr8 Leib Grenadier Regiment, which I believe has been one of the most successful competitive regiments to play in NW. That being said, the legacy of the Nr8 is quite the tale to tell: its experience facing against many different opponents, internal struggles, and just constant trolling.

Before the formation of the Nr8, in the final match of the Twitch Napoleonic Wars League, an intense and close match between the 71st and 58e took place that went in favor of the 71st 9-8. Both regiments disbanded after this match, seeing no point in continuing a “cold war” type of engagement where both regiments rarely faced each other. They were the last two big competitive regiments at their time, containing most of the skilled player base that was left in the ever so slowly dying NA community. Seeing a perfect opportunity, Waste, a former 71st Serjeant, reformed the Nr37, the third time being reformed after a hiatus of a year and eleven months. He gathered many men, or as I liked to call them, “trolls”, from the two disbanded regiments and from other regiments to have a galore of cancer flowing within the North American community. I myself did not really feel like joining such a troll of a regiment and was hesitant throughout the early days of the Nr8. However, I took the chance, and decided to join after being a mercenary during the first week of its existence and nearly instantly began co-leading with Waste.

During this time, the North American Premier League started it’s first season. This league was one where unknown regiments were finally given the spotlight, a development league of sorts. As the mainstream competitive regiments had NANWL, TNWL and other such leagues, it was felt that the lesser known regiments who were hesitant to join competitive leagues should be given a chance to compete in a somewhat equal environment. It was a broken league where the Nr8, albeit being somewhat stacked as it was in terms of raw skill, compared to most other regiments at that time. The only two regiments in this league aside from the Nr37 that were contending to win first place were the 30th and the 6te. During this time, the Nr37 had many successful group-fighting wins, remaining undefeated for this entire time period. The same could not be said about the linebattle record, which, during this time, was quite pitiful, including taking one of our worst defeats against the Sil, 8-2. Yet, overtime the regiment’s melee and leadership improved as we took the game more seriously and tried to make a name for ourselves. Around December, Waste and I decided to rename the regiment from the Nr37 to the Nr8 Leib Grenadier Regiment, wanting to not just change our name and begin a new story, but to also remove us from the Nr37’s trolling past.

This period of the Nr8 was not an exhilarating time in terms of competition, but was still a time to learn and improve from our mistakes in terms of leading and group-fighting. This was when the defining aspects of what the Nr8 was to be were developed: a competitive, somewhat disciplined, and fun regiment to be apart of, attracting many over the course of this time. During the month of December, Waste and I invited around 25-30 people to the group to boost our numbers for NAPL and Season 7 of NANWL, adding some new members that would be crucial to the fight against future rivals. These events led to the establishment of the Nr8 as a contender in the NA competitive scene, where we would remain prominently until its final days.

During this time we were in the running for first place in NAPL, aiming to accomplish our first victory as a regiment. At this team we scored our first major victory, defeating a prominent powerhouse regiment in the league, the 30th, 6-4. After this, however, we ended up not doing as well as we could have done, only tyng the USMC 5-5, which, I will admit, was one of the worst days I’ve ever had while leading the regiment. However, we improved and got over these matches and were planning to defeat the 6te SLR, the only other regiment that had some competent players and a leader that had been leading for a significant amount of time. The line battle itself was a very stressful one for me and for most others having to deal with the hill camping that made the match last more than an hour and twenty five minutes. As well, when both regiments finally got into melee, it was actually very close and you could not really tell who had a clear advantage. As the pattern goes for most regimental leaders who do or did not hill camp themselves, we took a loss of 4-6 against them, losing a lot of pride and, from what we thought at that time, the league. Hope did glimmer, though, because of what was discovered after the match: Irish stupidly played Maniac, a former USMC officer who joined specifically to play in the match under a different name. As it should, this caused an unfortunate turn of events for them as they were “kicked out” from the league by Nappy. This put Irish in a sticky situation, which he eventually fixed by disbanding after seeing many of his officers leaving. This caused us to believe that we still had a chance to win the league but could not do anything, standing on the sidelines to watch the 30th and AEF match and hoping the AEF could win. However, they lost 7-3 and the Nr8 ended up claiming 2nd place in the Premier League, a disappointing defeat for us. We did not give up - instead, we persisted to continue to improve our strategies in line battles and to better ourselves in melee in the hope of winning Season 7 of NANWL.

Our group fighting record during this time remained undefeated, usually facing the same regiments over and over again, due to not many wanting to face us and not many regiments remaining. At this time, we had around eight victories over the 32e, two victories against the 45e, and two over the 63e. As well, we had improved our line battle tactics by just going straight at the enemy, exchanging one or two volleys and charging, ultimately a successful strategy. Around this time, we had a successful 1v1 winning 8-2 against the 57th, a reformed 45e who were the only regiment to rival us in NWL. Around this time we gained new members, including Theodin who would soon become an unteroffizier, as well many others that I will mention later on. Then, on February 12th, the 7th season of NANWL officially began, with the Nr8 being in League one where the most skilled regiments were placed. This league, run successfully by Amit, created an environment of intense competition with the goal of winning first place. Winning NANWL means that regiment at that period of time is the best overall regiment in terms of leading, shooting :p, and melee in comparison to all others. So this was the time for the Nr8 to show its full potential of being the best regiment in 2017.

The North American Napoleonic Wars League is the most prestigious league to win, and has been throughout all of competitive NA NW. Many before the Nr8 like the 63e and 71st have had close and intense final matches that decided the league’s outcome, even by one round. This season was no exception to that stereotype, with the deciding match between the Nr8 and the 57th being an exciting affair. However, the whole season was intense, and before I talk about that match, I probably should go through how the entire league went as a whole.

On February the 19th, our first match was against the 32e, who at the time had a lot of former 3eVolt members who were competent and could well win the match for them if used effectively by getting into melee. However, their tactics involved hill camping and shooting, misusing their advantage, while the Nr8 still had a more aggressive tactics of trying to shoot one volley and then charging. The match was very close, lasting more than 45 minutes with most of the engagements being shooting across the map. In the end, we achieved a narrow victory for the Nr8 6-4 against the 32e, proving our capability to come together and face against all odds especially against a regiment who only played their best while we brought and played however many was possible. The next week, on February 26th, we were to face off against the 4th, a regiment led by both Nico and Godfried, with also a former 3eVolt Colonel AsianP in their ranks. The match was a complete slaughter and is not worth mentioning due to it being a 9-1 victory for the Nr8. A glorious revenge after what had happened nearly a month before, when the 4th won 6-4 against the Nr8 in a non-league 1v1. Thus, the month of February ended with two victories for the Nr8, as we were steaming towards the goal of utter victory.

The months of January and February was both successful and unsuccessful for the Leib Grenadiers. They were successful in our continuous victories in group fighting matches against few, but worthy, opponents. As well, we achieved our first two victories in NWL and recorded our victories in NAPL. Our faults were, namely, our losses against the 6te SLR in NAPL and our matches tying the USMC and losing to the 4th. Nonetheless, we showed improvement in our capabilities that I thought would not be possible within a usual regiments life which is, in my opinion, around six to nine months. This improvement only led to our victories in NWL, smaller tournaments, and RGL.

March 1st to March 31st

March deserves to be reviewed in its own category for how eventful this time was for us. Our victory in NWL made us interested in the game again, and we were the most dominant regiment during this time. We claimed many victories in NWL and added continuous victories to our group fighting record, but added defeats to it as well. This was the time where if we always had this line-up, no regiment could be able to defeat us, well, expect super regiments such as the 12th, 71st, and others you may know if you have been in the community as long as I have. Many of those regiments before had many skilled and well known melee stars that set them apart from most regiments, while all we had was raw group-fighting skill. We started from only bring ten to fourteen people in November, to bringing an average of eighteen or more during March, all skilled individuals. March defined the Nr8’s stance in the community with wins in NWL, non-league 1v1s and group-fights, and tournaments.

To start off this month, a horrific turn of events happened on March 5th during the NWL match between us and the 30th. Many of us believed that the match was going to be an easy stomp, not having to care about melee and discipline. This was not the case, with the 30th running away and hill camping and once we did get close the melee performance we showed was identical to the performance vs the 6te SLR. Hell, the entire match felt like we were facing off against the 6te SLR because of the melee being stupidly close and that many of our members were falling short of their potential. The match ended in a tie, nearly tipping the balance of power in the match between the 57th and the Nr8, making it to where the Nr8 had to win the match at least 6-4 to win the season. Determination from all of the officers, which at that time was just Waste and I and a couple of NCO’s, was needed, with only two weeks time to prepare for the match. In the meantime, we had our NWl match against the USMC in the middle of those two weeks on March 12th, resulting in the first 10-0 victory on the record for the Nr8. As the score suggests, the match was an overall sweep with the Nr8 just dominating in tactics, shooting, and of course melee. The next week would decide who would be champions of  NANWL Season 7, potentially the last season of this storied league.

The finals matched, scheduled on March 18th, at 8pm eastern standard time, with both teams bring twenty plus to the engagement. Both regiments contained players skilled in melee and would decide the fate of the line battle and the fate of who would win the season. The two sides of the map were uneven, with the 57th at first having the high ground (meme) while we had the plains. It seemed one sided but the Nr8 was able to successfully counter the tactical positioning of the 57th. The melee was close and the shooting usually decided who would win the round by how even the melee was. The first half ended in a 3-2 victory for the Nr8. Now having the hill side of the map, it should have been a lot easier to win. However, it was even closer than before with the 57th hiding behind a hill and waited for the move out order from the admins, waiting for the perfect trap to kill all of us. Their two wins that side came because of that scenario. The last round was the closest of all with the Nr8 winning the overall melee but coming down to a 5v2 with the Nr8 up. Tragedy struck when Wiki failed to block and Waste team killed Vader. Following that, Orcaryo failed to block a simple switch. It was a 2v2 between Waste and Swerp against Suns and Fox. This 2v2 would decide the league and legacy of the Nr8. Swerp was able to find a simple footlance onto Suns, becoming a 2v1 situation against Fox. Swerp fortunately glanced off of Waste’s back and the two were able to regroup and kill Fox. The match was won for the Nr8 winning 6-4 securing its legacy and solidifying itself within the NA community. Days after the match, the 57th disbanded due to much hatred between each other for the loss against us, thus making the Nr8 the best North American Regiment for two to three weeks.

After basically the final match that decided who would win NWL, we had to finish our last league match against the LIR. This of course, was not difficult at all with us winning 10-0, finishing the league with a strong performance and eliminating all competition for some time. Also I should mention the times the Nr8 went artillery in public line battles and had some success at it, sometimes due to regiments not wanting to do anything against us or we just wanted to go it because we just wanted to troll and have a break from 1v1s and group-fights. Most of the time we got our kills from just going into melee rather than actually killing people with the cannons. As well I should mention our numerous times going to the line only event hosted by Midnight at this time where we mostly trolled around, even ambushing our enemies by hiding in glitched spots on the map. That concludes the month of March, which had many victories to the cost of some defeats, but through all of this lessons were learned during our golden age as a regiment.

The End. Or is it?

I never had the time to complete the whole history of the Nr8 nor will I be able to ever finish it due to time constraints and fallen in memory of those past events. To be honest, everything before April does need a little story for some who thought we started as an overpowered regiment right off the bat, which wasn’t the case. I would want to thank Theodin for editing and working on this with me when we did work on this. It was an enjoyable experience to write and remember all of the anger, sadness, and joy we all had together during those earlier months of the LG. If anyone would like to continue to write this, you can copy and paste this onto docs and do it yourself anytime you want. Otherwise, this little story is to recall all of the moments of the Nr8 between November of 2016 to April of 2017.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel as though I did not get everything I want to say earlier. Throughout the years, quite a bit of my life (3,460 hours) has been devoted to this game and its community. I’ve had many ups and downs and I’ve always found joy every time I hopped and played on servers such as NA GF or duel or even NA_Official. I do not regret a single second from what I’ve learned about others, and the world. Of course, I would’ve probably been better off doing other things than playing an old game, but that’s too much effort. Nothing anyone will say in response to my farewell message will change my opinion about how I felt I handled my past years. Even for all the trolls who will get a laugh making fun of me for making a long and drawn out farewell message with music, even writing a book about past events of an internet regiment. Nothing will change it, so don’t even bother trying to take a moment away from someone. Anyways, I will miss the micspam in ts before events, the yelling and screaming I did when I got mad at people who did not know what they were doing. Including the horrendous amounts of trolling that did occur in and out of events that I will never understand why people did do it. Only these experiences can be experienced in a ridiculous game such as Mount and Blade: Warband Napoleonic Wars. I guess this farewell message was more of a recollection of all what happened during these 6 years. But a more accurate statement is me just being a cunt on the internet taking a game too seriously. Farewell to all who have read this, and may life bless you in all of your troubles. (this isn't a suicide note btw)

Also a little song I remember singing in High school if you want to listen and read all of what I wrote.
[close]
smh this noob cant even keep a reg for more than a year that has one event a month, smh my head.
made me cringe
who are you?
[close]

its kind of a meme that everybody hates me I think most people really dont mind me at all tbh
You disgust me

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #365 on: January 07, 2018, 08:23:04 am »
Windflower kisses girls
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline purplishdragon

• Second Lieutenant
  • hey pussy are you still there?
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 07, 2018, 08:34:44 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

The Legacy of the

March 1st to March 31st

The End. Or is it?

[close]
made me cringe
who are you?
[close]

no its not a meme, genuinely no one likes you, and i guess being a child consists of you slightly upsetting someone

Suns

« Reply #367 on: January 07, 2018, 08:38:23 am »
owie

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
« Reply #368 on: January 07, 2018, 08:41:55 am »
C H I L D R E N

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #369 on: January 07, 2018, 10:04:49 am »
I think hawken is jealous of windflowers CR
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #370 on: January 07, 2018, 10:07:57 am »
wait so if nr8 disbanded does that mean we're gonna disband, like who else is left to fight. the chain reaction

Lawbringer

« Reply #371 on: January 07, 2018, 10:28:09 am »
thank god we can all quit this game and be pro roblox zombies players

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #373 on: January 07, 2018, 11:14:38 am »
thank god we can all quit this game and be pro roblox zombies players
oh is football no longer the meta

Offline Salakien

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Execute order 66 .
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Doublebread´s husband basically.
« Reply #374 on: January 07, 2018, 02:49:05 pm »
can we have a normal 1v1 soon ?