Poll

What is your opinion on cannabis legalization?

Have it.
19 (45.2%)
Don't have it.
8 (19%)
Only for medical use.
9 (21.4%)
How much cannabis can I hide from my parents?
6 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: The 2018 Federal Wide Legalization for the Recreational Use of Cannabis - Canada  (Read 19254 times)

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
Scandinavia has the highest terrorism rates in Europe I think. Isis, al Qaeda, Hamas, and mafias around the world would be seriously weakened if cannabis was legalized. A top Italian terrorist prosecutor said that the legalization of the drug would cause the mafia and terrorist organizations to take a huge blow. I do not see how this can possibly be a bad thing.

Also stemming back into the economic benefits, a work colleague of mine in Vancouver BC invested in the medical marijuana industry a year or so before Trudeau took office. He bought a share worth $1500. When Trudeau took office, because of his huge election promise being the legalization of cannabis, that went up from $1500 to $6500, and when cannabis is actually legalized it's expected to be worth over $10000. How anyone can say that 10000 new jobs in a 4.5 billion dollar annual profit industry with taxation and ending the war on drugs, saving billions of dollars in the costs of court cases and prison time and drug tests even, is a bad thing blows my mind. With the billions upon billions a country would save every year, an entire financial debt could be entirely erased while you don't have to pay as much income tax or GST could be lowered.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
Pipe dream.
"Ending the war on drugs" what, you plan to legalize heroin?

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
No he plans to stop terrorism by legalising cannabis

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
No he plans to stop terrorism by legalising cannabis
true
i also see that connection

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
Scandinavia has the highest terrorism rates in Europe I think. Isis, al Qaeda, Hamas, and mafias around the world would be seriously weakened if cannabis was legalized. A top Italian terrorist prosecutor said that the legalization of the drug would cause the mafia and terrorist organizations to take a huge blow. I do not see how this can possibly be a bad thing.

I think we should keep Scandinavia out of the "drugs are linked to terrorism" argument.

My reasoning is due to the observation that in western Europe, the trend appears to be that those who take drugs are at a greater risk of becoming radicalized due to their vulnerable mental state - hence becoming domestic terrorists who ISIS have recruited from the general population. Scandinavia on the other hand, allows terrorists blatantly posing as refugees in through their borders, terrorists trained in Iraq and Syria, hence not being recruited from the general population (Sweden takes most of the blame of course, but a few have fallen through the cracks into Norway as well).

A great many of the domestic terrorists we've seen in W. Europe have been hand picked by ISIS, from the underworld of drug-taking petty criminals. Steven's argument certainly has legitimacy.

Edit: I do recognize that legalization would hit ISIS' profiting from the drug trade. That said however, I'm not sure if the impact would be substantial enough to warrant legalization, given that in turn we will be providing a much more accessible source of drugs for potential radicals.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:41:47 pm by Gordo »

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
But if the drug were legalized that would also mean that terrorist recruiters posing as refugees can't recruit from the drug taking petty criminals because everything, like a brewery or tobacco plantation, would have to be checked out by the government to ensure it meets the standards of the law. Because of that exact thing, there would also be nothing else going into the cannabis, nothing being laced with anything therefore eliminating any potential serious harm from someone taking what they think to be cannabis.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
what a load of shite George. Legalising cannabis getting rid of terrorism is a hopeless argument. I'd abandon it now if I was you.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
What the balls, you can't compare legalization of weed to terrorism in any way, that's apples and oranges lmao

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
What the balls, you can't compare legalization of weed to terrorism in any way, that's apples and oranges lmao

It's not even apples and oranges. It's more like comparing apples to the Empire Fucking State Building
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile

It's not even apples and oranges. It's more like comparing apples to the Empire Fucking State Building
It is the big apple to be fair

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral

oi cheeky
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile

oi cheeky
Rekt

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
I didn't start the terrorism thing, I'm just merely pointing out that many terrorist organizations would be seriously harmed should cannabis be legalized. That's not opinion that's fact. A lot of their income comes from illegal drug trades, most would probably say most of their income comes from the illegal drug trade. Legalize the drugs and eliminate the black market and you eliminate terrorists capability to do anything because of no money.

Like I said that's not a subjective statement, it is an objective fact. It cannot be disputed.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
Post your sources proving this then. Even so it doesn't prove that the majority of their recruits join because of smoking weed illegally.

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
I don't think that the majority of their recruits join because they smile weed illegally? I think those that are exposed to terrorists posing as refugees to recruit people who smoke weed illegally, as someone else pointed out before, would be eliminated if weed was legalized because then the black market would not exist. It's common knowledge that terrorists make their money from illegal drug trades. My original point was that the elimination of the black market on drugs would economically crumble most terrorist groups around the world.