Author Topic: NWWC 2017  (Read 361525 times)

Haze

Re: NWWC 2017
« Reply #3360 on: June 15, 2017, 11:24:01 pm »
ez pz

Offline Speculaaskoekje

• Sergeant
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3361 on: June 16, 2017, 10:08:52 am »

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3362 on: June 16, 2017, 01:36:22 pm »
Roster change for CZ/SK

+ Fotin

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo
« Reply #3363 on: June 16, 2017, 01:38:33 pm »
Remove me from the French roster, I'm now playing for the CZSK (my big brother has been adopted and is from Slovakia).

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3364 on: June 16, 2017, 01:58:07 pm »
Remove me from the French roster, I'm now playing for the CZSK (my big brother has been adopted and is from Slovakia).
lmfao

Offline Carolus.

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Norge är ändå helt okej
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: June 16, 2017, 02:23:04 pm »

*lost his cancer*  congratz bud :-*

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo
« Reply #3366 on: June 16, 2017, 05:22:15 pm »

ty

Offline Jammo

• First Lieutenant
  • 91st Lt Col | 17e Maj | Power Ranger | FFE |
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: June 16, 2017, 06:20:49 pm »

;D ;D

Haze

« Reply #3368 on: June 19, 2017, 08:34:50 pm »
up

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #3369 on: June 19, 2017, 08:47:45 pm »
down

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #3370 on: June 19, 2017, 10:08:31 pm »
Any idea when the final is going to be played?
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: June 19, 2017, 10:31:12 pm »
Yes, final teams pls announce it asap. I dont wanna post another deadline
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #3372 on: June 19, 2017, 10:52:33 pm »
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: June 20, 2017, 03:27:30 am »

FRANCE vs. GREAT BRITAIN

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjI9HFT7k2c[/youtube]

PROVING THE ODDS WRONG

The semi-final marked an old-age rivalry between these illustrious and formidable teams. Such a rivalry was not solely confined to the players themselves, many of whom were newly inducted, but rather the rich history of triumph and loss which the two sides share, namely the consecutive defeats which the French endured at hands of team Great Britain on not one but two previous finals of the NWWC.

This year, the French team was perceived by the community as the dominant of the two sides. Man to man, objectively the French appeared to have an abundance of raw skill over their British counterparts. Combined with the seemingly unrivaled synergy and team play which the French veterans had exhibited throughout the tournament, it was without a doubt that whatever opposition they were to face in this semi-final would be at a statistical disadvantage, to say the least. Furthermore, the French roster boasted a distinct numerical advantage in available players, enabling the French Captains to make tactical substitutions throughout the match, a liberty which the British could not enjoy due to their compact team size of eight. This, coupled with the fact that key British players, namely Jammo and others were absent only further emphasized the apparent gap in ability between the two teams.

That being said, with one of French stalwarts, ExtaaZz, taking an early temporary drop out during the 1st round, the Brits couldn’t have been off to a better start. Unprepared, the French players were pushed at their spawn. Drake opened up the round by efficiently subduing Maurice, but such early gains were soon made void by a team kill on Drake by his teammate Maharbaal. Following these two losses, the French team was made quick work of, being picked off one by one. Team Great Britain had claimed the first round with relative ease.

Determined to quickly get back on track after the less than desirable start, France bit back, taking the first two opening kills of the round by Drake and LeBrave respectively. Without suffering any losses, the score was equal once again, 1-1.

Unlike the first two, the 3rd round provided a far more close quarters, strategic maneuver of play, with kills exchanged between both the sides. Britain proved to be the stronger of the sides, coming out on top in the 2v1 against Tiberias, which the seasoned veteran of NW was not able to clutch.

France
Great Britain

Emulating their earlier success, French players Tiberias and Drake managed to secure two swift kills. Despite the efforts of Britain’s Bagins to compensate the losses with two retaliation kills against Dren and ClaSh, the Brits were ultimately unable to prevent France from equalizing once again at 2-2.
The trend continued into the 5th round, with LeBrave managing to make a double kill out of a fight against Blackbeard and Asian, allowing France to consolidate and eventually win the round. For the first time in the match France was ahead with the score at 3-2.

Hertz attempted to turn the tide in favor of Britain, by procuring the first kill on Maharbaal at the start of the 6th round. This was quickly turned around by ClaSh and Drake who collectively picked up two kills, before Hypno evened things out by finishing off LeBrave. The round came to a tense 4v4 that Britain would end-up claiming due to two consecutive French deaths at the hands of Bagins. With the score equal once again, France was able to take decisive action in the 7th round with Troister, who up until that point had been performing relatively unremarkably, suddenly stepping up to take a triple kill. Such a feat was essential as France had lost Dren to a clever play by Hursty in the opening of the round. Having gained the momentum, France went on to secure the next round too, with Troister once again eliminating key players on the British side, Maurice being his victim on this occasion. A smart pick from Tiberias on Asian, allowed France to gain a substantial two round lead over Team Great Britain, 5-3.

France could have cemented its lead during the 9th round had it not been for the concerted push of Hypno and Asian who proved to be force to be reckoned with, undermining the French advantage gained by Drake’s first kill of the round on Hertz and ultimately going on to win the round for Great Britain putting the score at 4-5. With the momentum back on their side, Britain commenced the next round with a positive fervor. Due to some nice displays of individual skill from the aforementioned Hypno and Asian, the round came down to a 2v1 with Maharbaal being unable to clutch against Blackbeard and Hypno, equalizing the score at 5-5.

With ExtaaZz becoming aware of the challenge that this match was beginning to present to the French side, the 11th round saw him shine, attaining a splendid double kill on Hertz and Hercules. Due to an unlucky team kill on Maharbaal at the hands of Dren, Britain was able to regain some stability, eventually witling the French team down to a 3v3. However the teamwork and synergy displayed by the final 3 French players; ExtaaZz, LeBrave and Drake, was too overwhelming for the remaining Brits. France was back in the lead with the score at 6-5.

DOWN TO A MIRACLE

ExtaaZz continued to be a significant nuisance for the British team’s middle, by getting another double kill on Hertz and Maurice, allowing the French to seize the round, increasing their lead to 7-5 at this crucial moment in the match. Understanding the severity of their situation, the British players stepped up their game, with Asian managing to pick the first two kills of the next round on ClaSh and Tiberias, with a third kill being exacted on Kennedy not long after. Unfortunately, the rest of the British team was not able to survive long enough to regroup, with LeBrave securing the round by achieving a spectacular triple kill. France was now on the homerun for victory in this gritty match, with the score being 8-5.

With France being in reach of the match point, the British players knew that their options were limited and that they had to act immediately. It was Bagins and Hypno who took up the mantle, picking up two kills at the start of the 14th round. France came back with a vengeance and managed to make use of efficient kill trades, turning the odds back into their favor with a 4v3. Britain, unable to hold off from the French onslaught conceded the round, with Troister being responsible for a decisive double kill. 

In order to avoid a draw (which would have led to extended time) or worse, Britain had no choice but to win the following rounds. Initially, events didn’t exactly go in their favor with ExtaaZz getting the first kill on Hypno, a player who had proven to be a key carry player for the Brits throughout the match. Seemingly unperturbed Britain fought back ferociously with Asian and Maurice each getting a kill in retaliation. Britain began to push their numerical advantage, with Asian, much like Troister in the previous round, securing two crucial kills.

DESPITE A QUIET START, EXTAAZZ WAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST FACTOR GRANTING FRANCE THE VICTORY, OPENING THE MIDDLE COUNTLESS TIMES.

In the 16th round, just when things were looking up for team GB, Bagins was team killed by Maurice. Despite Hertz retaliating with a kill on Maharbaal, France’s impeccable team play, which did not crumble under pressure allowed the French team to gain yet another round, after LeBrave provided an impressive finale with a triple kill, putting the score at 10-6.

With their backs against the wall, one could have assumed that Britain would have just given up. But the team showed great perseverance and willpower, a worthy opponent till the end. Asian proceeded to take down LeBrave, a kill which was traded with the death of Maurice at the hands of Kennedy. The round continued in this ‘tit for tat’ style, with Asian killing both Kennedy and Troister, giving Britain a distinct advantage in a 5v3 scenario. Despite two smart kills from Tiberias and Drake, Britain kept their heads strong and won the round, the message was clear from the British side; this wasn’t over yet.

With a comeback in the works, the British side seemed optimistic. Such optimism was quickly crushed by Drake, who shut down Asian early on in the 18th round. With the French formation slowly squeezing the now fragile British melee line, things were looking down for the Brits. However a sloppy play from Maharbaal and Troister permitted Maurice and Hursty to take advantage of the situation and penetrate the French formation. The anarchy that ensued resulted in Kennedy team killing ExtaaZz, from here the Brits pushed their advantage and eventually managed to attain victory in what was becoming an extremely heated and nerve racking affair indeed. 10-8.

The 19th round marked a new peak in the levels of tension presiding over this clash of greats as one mistake could decide the fate of the whole match. Once again, France kept its solemn integrity, slowly pushing the British team against one corner of the arena. This time there was no mistake, the French mechanically isolated and picked off Asian. Despite their slight numerical advantage, France did not become complacent. Tiberias proceeded to rack up an impressive triple kill, essentially annihilating half the enemy team by himself. France had done it! It had been an unexpectedly hard fought battle, with the Brits being more than worthy adversaries, but the unstoppable French team had prevailed.  What a performance from both sides.

France
K
D
K/D
TK
TKed
OK
FB

Drake
/
Tiberias
/
LeBrave
/
Troister
/
/
ExtaaZz
/
Maharbaal
/
ClaSh
/
Kennedy
Dren
/

Great Britain
K
D
K/D
TK
TKed
OK
FB

Hypno
Asian
/
/
Bagins
/
Maurice
/
BlackBeard
/
/
/
Hertz
/
/
Hursty
/
/
HerculesTP
/
/

MATCH BROUGHT TO YOU BY @NWWC, ARTICLE WRITTEN BY @TARDET_ & @MUNJ, PROOFREAD BY @MUNJ, STATISTICS MADE BY @TARDET_, THREAD DESIGN BY @SCAR

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 07:18:39 am by Tardet »

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: June 20, 2017, 03:33:43 am »
tl;tr : jane is the best player to have ever touched the game, rest of the community is worthless ))

On a more serious note, a big thanks to Munj who not only proof-read the whole text I sent him but also helped me taking it to a next level with rewording most sentence into a perfect english, which I hope will make the experience of the readers even more enjoyable. This is why he appears as both proofread and writer in the credits, because he contribued to this review more than a normal proof-reader would have done, for which I'm very glad.

This is the first time I'm doing that sort of things for NW, I'm used to do it on Native where I believe my writting are mostly appreciated but I'm yet to see if you guys like it so really, feedbacks, positive or negative as long as constructive, are really helpful. I'm not in your heads, I can only know if you liked this by having you commentating. :)

Edit : For those who didn't figure it out :

K -> Kills / D -> Deaths / K/D -> Kills/Deaths Ratio / TK -> Teamkills / TKed -> Teamkilled / OK -> OpenKills / FB -> FirstBloods
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 03:39:06 am by Tardet »