Author Topic: Blood and Iron in ROBLOX  (Read 10679 times)

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Blood and Iron in ROBLOX
« on: June 14, 2016, 04:34:04 am »

Offline Salcos

• First Lieutenant
  • Deus Vult, Romans 12:11, Κύριε Ελέησον
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Salcos
Re: Blood and Iron in ROBLOX
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 07:42:44 am »
Sounds delicious, time to play
I hate it when people pass me a cup by holding on to the rim of it...

Offline Cara

• French Language Moderator
  • Language Moderator
  • Former IVe_AdC
    • View Profile
    • TFD
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 11:36:26 am »
What the hell  ;D

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 01:43:32 pm »
"set in the legendary napoleonic wars" XD
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 02:14:31 pm »
"set in the legendary napoleonic wars" XD

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 12:03:08 pm »
Can't wait to see some ROBLOX linebattles.

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 05:45:25 pm »
Can't wait to see some ROBLOX linebattles.

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 01:12:38 am »

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 01:23:31 am »
Looks like NW musket models and sounds, more are being used in this Roblox mod.

'Kay

Seriously though, if the Roblox mod is set in the 'legendary napoleonic wars' naming the mod Blood & Iron is just false advertising if the mod does not take place during the Franco-Prussian war.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 01:31:44 am by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 12:06:48 pm »
Looks like they have influence from Warband..

Offline Hundredhands_Tall

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 01:09:52 pm »
Thread necromancy, I'm aware.

Guys, before you all start egging a little kid's game for copying your idea (which was really there before Blood & Iron started. Also, it's  Iron & Blood, get it straight, you damn Parrot) let me clear up a little bit of confusion.
CoderQwerty, the guy who developed the game, should get a pat on the back for actually making something like Mount and Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars on another game. The concept's not new, I agree, but it's not like he's ripping the whole thing off of MnB:NW. Few pointers as to why:-
1. It features a wide choice of units, and it depends upon the map as to which class of unit is unlocked, unlike most Mount and Blade maps which feature all the classes somewhere or the other.
2. The uniform viewer is not a stationary gadget in Blood & Iron. You can literally see everything, starting from what add-on you're adding to your hair to which uniform you're wearing alongside that add-on and how it looks CLOSE-UP. You don't get to see yourself wearing a white beard and an eye-patch while you view yourself wearing a Grenadiers a Cheval uniform, do you?
3. There's a completely different variety of units to select from than as shown in Mount and Blade: Warband. Plus, there's a regular change-over of which special unit pops up for each faction (No, special, not elite. Last time we saw France change over from Legion d'Irlandaise to the Legion de la Vistule)
4. There's different animations for reloading and firing. It's an extra click to fire, in which LMB gives you a 'Make ready' form where you hold your musket up cocking the hammer, and RMB gives you a 'Present arms' form where you lower your rifle, then you can fire. The moment you left click, you're stationary, you can't move until you left click in the 'Make ready' mode again to uncock the hammer and shoulder your musket.
5. You cannot use fire-arm type weapons on a horse. Plus, there's no couching lance damage. You gotta aim well with your lance, and you gotta get off your horse as a dragoon/officer to use your carbine/pistol.
6. You don't get a choice to select between Factions. There's always the French side, and there's always the Allies side. It differs from battle-to-battle whether you're France against Russia (For example, at La Rothiere), France against Nassau (Ex. at Papelotte), France against Britain (Ex. at La Haye Sainte or Hougoumont), France against Prussia (Ex. at Wavre), France against Austria (Ex. Arcole)

So there you have it. Blood & Iron IS different from Blood & Iron: Age of Imperialism

Thanks,
Hundredhands_Tall
Avid critic

Offline janne2

• Second Lieutenant
  • 18e retard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 03:00:38 pm »
lol

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 04:34:10 pm »
You should kys

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 08:09:11 pm »
Spoiler
Thread necromancy, I'm aware.

Guys, before you all start egging a little kid's game for copying your idea (which was really there before Blood & Iron started. Also, it's  Iron & Blood, get it straight, you damn Parrot) let me clear up a little bit of confusion.
CoderQwerty, the guy who developed the game, should get a pat on the back for actually making something like Mount and Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars on another game. The concept's not new, I agree, but it's not like he's ripping the whole thing off of MnB:NW. Few pointers as to why:-
1. It features a wide choice of units, and it depends upon the map as to which class of unit is unlocked, unlike most Mount and Blade maps which feature all the classes somewhere or the other.
2. The uniform viewer is not a stationary gadget in Blood & Iron. You can literally see everything, starting from what add-on you're adding to your hair to which uniform you're wearing alongside that add-on and how it looks CLOSE-UP. You don't get to see yourself wearing a white beard and an eye-patch while you view yourself wearing a Grenadiers a Cheval uniform, do you?
3. There's a completely different variety of units to select from than as shown in Mount and Blade: Warband. Plus, there's a regular change-over of which special unit pops up for each faction (No, special, not elite. Last time we saw France change over from Legion d'Irlandaise to the Legion de la Vistule)
4. There's different animations for reloading and firing. It's an extra click to fire, in which LMB gives you a 'Make ready' form where you hold your musket up cocking the hammer, and RMB gives you a 'Present arms' form where you lower your rifle, then you can fire. The moment you left click, you're stationary, you can't move until you left click in the 'Make ready' mode again to uncock the hammer and shoulder your musket.
5. You cannot use fire-arm type weapons on a horse. Plus, there's no couching lance damage. You gotta aim well with your lance, and you gotta get off your horse as a dragoon/officer to use your carbine/pistol.
6. You don't get a choice to select between Factions. There's always the French side, and there's always the Allies side. It differs from battle-to-battle whether you're France against Russia (For example, at La Rothiere), France against Nassau (Ex. at Papelotte), France against Britain (Ex. at La Haye Sainte or Hougoumont), France against Prussia (Ex. at Wavre), France against Austria (Ex. Arcole)

So there you have it. Blood & Iron IS different from Blood & Iron: Age of Imperialism

Thanks,
Hundredhands_Tall
Avid critic
[close]
tbh, no one gives a fuk

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 01:05:08 am »
but isn't roblox's blood and iron set in the napoleonic wars? whereas blood and iron: age of imperialism set in the mid victorian era.

besides, this thread was made just to draw attention to the fact that both mods have the same name, nothing more...
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!