Author Topic: Crimean war (1854-1855) mod  (Read 144286 times)

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ivkolya
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Crimean war (1854-1855) mod
« Reply #345 on: January 18, 2018, 09:53:19 pm »
Now with the update they've added a faction, are you going to use that additional faction to include a new faction? Is Piedmont-Sardigna already going to be a faction? Is Savoye going to be a faction?
Adding a faction isn't a problem, there is an old tutorial about adding a new multiplayer faction, but I never planned adding more factions.
So no, Sardinians were too few in numbers and they took almost no part in the siege of Sevastopol (except some regiments, including Bersaglieri, which took part in the battle at Tchernaya river), so Sardinians will be only a part of "Allies" faction, which will include regiments of all Allied factions.

Offline Ukima

• Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Nick: 32nd_Sjt_Ukima
« Reply #346 on: January 21, 2018, 04:29:26 pm »
Oh? So you can add a new multiplayer faction in Napoleonic Wars after all? Where can I find that tutorial? I've been looking for that for ages!

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 24, 2018, 07:30:02 pm »
I've read this tutorial. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116286.msg2801666.html#msg2801666

It is for Warband, actually, but I guess it can be used for NW. But I'd just copied all lines in every module system file, which include mention one of existing factions and duplicated them, changing name of faction and it's variable to yours. I didn't try it though, but I think there will be no problems if you'll make this all right. And in the comments someone asked about doing it for NW and he gets his answers.
Anyway, since there is now an extra faction, maybe you can  simply change it for your purposes.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 07:32:40 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline thepenguin

• Sergeant Major
  • Voor God en Vaderland!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jan_Pieterszoon_Coen
  • Side: Union
« Reply #348 on: February 11, 2018, 11:15:00 am »
Any new progress?

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 13, 2018, 11:23:27 am »
Not much to show - I'm still in progress of translating my mod stuff to the new module system and also I continue work on the Malakoff scene, I've made recently all needed props for Russian fortifications on the Malakoff and placed almost all of them on the scene, and yesterday I've made part of background of the scene (for this I combined two photos of James Robertson and added colour to them)..
For now scene looks like this.

But this background covers only 1/4 of the scene surroundings, so now I probably will make mesh of the other 3/4 of surrounding grounds, and afterwards I will make scene props of French trenches before the Malakoff and place them on the scene.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 03:09:17 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline thepenguin

• Sergeant Major
  • Voor God en Vaderland!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 13, 2018, 04:07:31 pm »
Keep doing such a great job, and I'm sure it'll be released in no-time.

Offline thepenguin

• Sergeant Major
  • Voor God en Vaderland!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 13, 2018, 11:33:06 am »
Anything new?

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 13, 2018, 03:25:28 pm »
I'm working as fast as I can, every day I try to use free time for making this mod:)
I finished placing scene props of Russian fortifications on the Malakoff, made outer terrain for this map with photo-background, almost finished editing terrain in the scene, and for a couple of weeks I'm busy adding troops to the game, by the way experimenting with their order and adding new units and deleting old ones. After I'll figure out how to change order of units and finish adding all units to the game, I'll make scene props of different obstackles (such as wolf's pits and abatises),props of the Allied trenches and destroyed scene props of ones in the front line and add them to the game, so it will be possible to make breeches in the earthen walls and filling ditches with earth.
Also I'm experimenting with weapons, I've added Minie bullets and made Allied rifled muskets slightly more accurate and gave them higher speed of bullets, so they theoretically will shoot much farther than smoothbore muskets.
And also I fixed some issues with existing uniforms and made few new units.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 03:29:32 pm by Ivkolya »

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 13, 2018, 03:42:46 pm »
I'm working as fast as I can, every day I try to use free time for making this mod:)
I finished placing scene props of Russian fortifications on the Malakoff, made outer terrain for this map with photo-background, almost finished editing terrain in the scene, and for a couple of weeks I'm busy adding troops to the game, by the way experimenting with their order and adding new units and deleting old ones. After I'll figure out how to change order of units and finish adding all units to the game, I'll make scene props of different obstackles (such as wolf's pits and abatises),props of the Allied trenches and destroyed scene props of ones in the front line and add them to the game, so it will be possible to make breeches in the earthen walls and filling ditches with earth.
Also I'm experimenting with weapons, I've added Minie bullets and made Allied rifled muskets slightly more accurate and gave them higher speed of bullets, so they theoretically will shoot much farther than smoothbore muskets.
And also I fixed some issues with existing uniforms and made few new units.
Can't wait!

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #354 on: March 13, 2018, 09:30:11 pm »
I hope you have some marketing planned as the mod looks great and you have spent a lot of time making it!
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 13, 2018, 11:54:47 pm »
That is one interesting question :)
I thought about something like this, because indeed I've spent a lot of time, making this mod, but since it is a mod for the game, I can't sell it (I guess) and even if I could, I won't sell it, because so there will be much fewer players. But I'm thinking about posting my credit card number for those, who will like mod and who will have a desire to express their appreciation in currency :) Anyway, I think it will be appropriate only after I will release the mod :)

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 14, 2018, 12:35:59 am »
sell it as a standalone game on steam

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 14, 2018, 09:32:43 am »
Thank you, but this would be very greedy and unfair of me :)
This is a modification for a game, and also which differs not so much from original game, so I can't sell it as a standalone game.
But I'm thinking about making a standalone game about the Crimean war, after I'll release this mod, since there is no games about that war. These are just thoughts for now, I must decide, which engine to use and maybe find someone who will help me, at least with the scripts.
But at first I must finish this mod and we'll see, is this theme interesting for players :)

Offline thepenguin

• Sergeant Major
  • Voor God en Vaderland!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 14, 2018, 09:55:01 am »
Can't wait, and good luck!

Offline Ivkolya

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile