Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Release November 17th, 2017  (Read 4575 times)

AeroNinja

Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Release November 17th, 2017
« on: April 26, 2017, 07:59:45 pm »

Overview

Lot of text, just incase you want to read it.
At Star Wars Celebration today, EA announced that Star Wars Battlefront II will be released worldwide on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on November 17 and is now available for preorder.

Battlefront II’s campaign will take place in the 30-year period between the end of Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. The story will follow protagonist Iden Versio, who leads an elite Imperial unit called Inferno Squad, and players will get the chance to play as well-known characters like Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren during the campaign.

According to EA, the campaign is developed by former Ubisoft Toronto head Jade Raymond’s Motive studio, and new characters have been created “in close partnership with the story group at Lucasfilm.” On stage at Celebration, Lucasfilm confirmed that Battlefront II's story will be canon within the Star Wars universe.

“We wanted to create a campaign that told a story we haven’t seen before in Star Wars,” Motive game director Mark Thompson said in a statement. “It was important for us to tell a new authentic story, one that gives players a brand-new perspective. By putting players in the boots of an elite member of the Imperial forces, we can show them what the battle was like from the other side.”

Battlefront II’s multiplayer, meanwhile, is once again developed by DICE, who developed the first game. Battlefront II’s multiplayer will span all three eras of Star Wars films and will have playable heroes and villains including Rey, Luke, Yoda, Darth Maul, and more. Modes will support up to 40 players, and maps announced so far include Yavin 4, Mos Eisley, and Starkiller Base.

Space battles will also return, and are in development by Criterion, who previously worked on the Burnout franchise as well as the X-Wing VR experience in the first Battlefront. EA says Battlefront II offers “high stakes dogfights” and with land and air vehicles, and players will be able to pilot ships including a First Order TIE Fighter, the Millennium Falcon, and more.

An Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition will be available for preorder including upgrades to all trooper classes and access to the game three days early on November 14th. EA Access subscribers will be able to play as early as November 9th. Anyone who preorders Battlefront II will also receive The Last Jedi-themed content including “exclusive Kylo Ren and Rey themed looks” based on the characters’ appearances in the upcoming film.

While the full cast of Battlefront II wasn't revealed, EA confirmed on-stage that Janina Gavankar (True Blood, Halo 5) will play Iden Versio, and Paul Blackthorne (Arrow) was briefly shown in a behind-the-scenes video, though his specific role is currently unknown.

Today’s reveal follows a short teaser for Battlefront II that leaked earlier this week. EA has been teasing a Battlefront sequel since last May with “bigger and better worlds.” Last year, the publisher confirmed that Jade Raymond’s Motive studio is working on the sequel, and EA first hinted at Battlefront II’s release timing on an earnings call earlier this year.

Battlefront II will be playable at EA Play, EA’s public event that takes place just before E3 2017 this year.
[close]

My personal thoughts?

Battlefront launched very well. It was enjoyable here and there a few bugs but not major game breaking. When time passed the game began to get a lot of hate. Which is understandable. Lack of content. All had to be bought with micro transactions. Oh and the Season Pass. Just EA again begging our money for their pockets.

Battlefront II does look promising. All eras (first to see then to believe), NO season pass is confirmed which is awesome. They don't want to have a community riot. Should have thought earlier about that but alright. And it looks like we get more maps. Also new ones we haven't got seen before. A lot of customization and an offline campaign mode. I really hope they do include instant action or some sort of it.

All in all it seems very promising, but being careful is in my opinion important. As EA is known with their past...

Here is the trailer so you can watch for yourself if you want to. I'll post some updates later.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 08:07:16 pm by NiPhix »

Offline BlueMoon_IT

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zzyz
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Release November 17th, 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 09:27:21 pm »
>Non white woman as main character

DICE at it again.

AeroNinja

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 09:28:34 pm »
You are blue so wtf is the problem moonie 1?1?11?1?1

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 09:56:35 pm »
>Non white woman as main character

DICE at it again.
"so world war 1 had zero germans who were black so lets devote 25% of the online characters of Germany to being black, and while we're at it, lets just make 50% of all the classes black even though the largest percentage of black soldiers for any nation was France but less than a 10th of their forces were black"
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

AeroNinja

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 10:03:44 pm »
That's actually something I have to agree on.

And BlueMoon, that girl is not black. Just tanned. Get ur shit together m8.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 10:10:25 pm »

she looks like fucking Kim Kardashian complete with makeup and highlight. The problem is that the political correctness police over at Disney now own the largest film franchise in the world and they will proceed to shove minorities down the throats of star wars fans. I don't mind minorities, but it's so forced and not proper. Give a character like Vasquez from Aliens who actually looks and plays the role of a marine properly.

Fuck Disney. I just want to play a game without having female leads shoved down my throat
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

AeroNinja

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 10:15:49 pm »

Fuck Disney. I just want to play a game without having female leads shoved down my throat
I agree 100% on that. It was just the comment on the black that triggered me a bit. But I don't like it also that games have females as lead characters. Defo could have maybe picked a Clone trooper commander like Cody or a Captain like Rex to do a campaign with them. Something with the clone wars we have not seen before.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 11:43:30 pm »
cant wait for another money grab tarnishing the name of the real BFII, that was one of my fav games of all time its sad to see how the first remake turned out. tbh just give me some fucking clones and I'll be happy

AeroNinja

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 01:48:11 pm »
For anyone interested, a livestream of the Assault on Theed will be going on at 12:30 pm pacific time, and in Central Europe 9:30 PM.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/assault-on-theed-gameplay-reveal-livestream?isLocalized

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
  • Side: Union
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 02:29:46 pm »
hmm

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 06:14:17 pm »
Looks interesting.

AeroNinja

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 10:50:40 pm »
Gameplay was amazing.

Here are some videos.

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 12:04:29 am »
These videos look awesome, like the look of the gameplay.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 01:39:26 am »
Posting this here as well
EA wanted to show the multiple eras and cross-era heroes featured but it was nonetheless quite jarring for the world premiere of multiplayer gameplay on the Assault gamemode. Rather would prefer if the cross-era heroes were first spotlighted in a hero team deathmatch mode. I'd like to see how Yoda and Darth Maul would fight each other in that. It just leaves more questions right now. Like if Rey and Han Solo can be on Theed Palace map, can other cross-era heroes be selected on the same map? Can same-era heroes be selected too? Or is it fixed to only two particular heroes? I believe Rey would be one of the first heroes completed in time for this reveal as to why she was showcased, but I would of really liked to see Qui Gon if he would be in the game at all. That and was wishful thinking to see the Naboo security guards and droidekas. Or singleplayer gameplay, but the livestream was exactly what the teaser described, multiplayer gameplay. The pre-alpha is pre-alpha state with the combat sounds (not the shooting sounds) which I hope will change. I immediately recognized the same when-hit sounds and death sounds from the first game. So far, I was only slightly disappointed on that sound front. The voice acting for Darth Maul, Rey, the clones and droids all seemed on point. While watching I noticed players had all sorts of different weapons, the droids using apparent clone weapons or otherwise. Like a shotgun. Unsure how to contemplate that at the moment.

It seems in lieu of paid-for DLC, the game will have a live service that may include cosmetics and similar being acquired by a crate system or possibly micro-transactions, while new heroes, maps, weapons, etc will be free for all players apparently, post launch. I would presume the different looks, outfits of soldiers and all would fall under this live service category and not be free and easily acquired DLC. For example, the clones officer being a Republic officer with cap and uniform and not a clone officer with armor could be cosmetic unlocked. Or it would be nice variety at least. However more realistically in expectations is normal customization first. Like different colored shoulder pads for clones, secondary body colors for droids and similar.

Post-launch free content sounds great and all and the gameplay looks nice graphically, but I will wait for additional information leading up to release.
[close]
At the end of the day, I just really want some more info weeks/days before release. So close, and yet so far, far away. Really liking how the game is shaping up though.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 01:41:15 am by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Leader of 1er Suisse, Ski Instructor, Paintballer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nick: J-Man11
  • Side: Union
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2017, 03:46:48 am »
I saw the playing at E3, the fucking graphics are amazing, looks like its going to be great, I have it on my ps4, with the season pass, so hopefully there are some nice DLC's this time again :)