Author Topic: Paladins  (Read 11353 times)

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
  • Side: Neutral

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Paladins
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 01:45:53 am »
To bad Paladins was in development first. So Overwatch is actually just a shitty version of paladins. I can tell alot of tard fanboys around these parts. Go suck blizzards dick more lol.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 04:42:10 am »
I didnt like it that much.

At best, it is just a worse version of Overwatch.

How is it a worse version of Overwatch?
Spoiler
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn7HZsr_rLQ&[/youtube]
[close]

Well, alot of what he says Paladins does well is subjective at best.

I actually hated the cards system in Paladins, and I disliked the items even more.

Character progression like that is just not needed in a game like that in my opinion. It adds needless complexity and forces you to specialize more. It turns the game more into a MOBA with skillshots. If I wanted that, I would just go play Hi-Rez's other game, SMITE.

I much prefer Overwatch's way of ditching character progression and specialization of being able to switch out mid match. He talked about how "If you are character X in Overwatch, you can only do X thing". That is true, but the difference between Overwatch and Paladins is that I am not locked into that character. Say I want to do Y thing later in the game, I can just switch to Y character.

Not sure if its still the same, but last time I played Paladins the match times were MUCH longer than they were in Overwatch, which I think is an incredibly poor design choice. Games like this are better with intense short matches rather than long drawn out matches, which is why the game feels more like a MOBA.

The point he was really going after is "Despite Overwatch being higher quality, Paladins has made better design choices" which I completely disagree with. i think that not only is Overwatch just generally of a higher quality, it was designed with a better understanding of the game they were trying to create and as such just feels far superior.

Paladins isn't a terrible game, but when you try to compare a F2P title of a only moderately known studio to a P2P title of one of the most legendary studios in all of gaming, its only natural that it can't compete. So I say if you can't afford Overwatch, Paladins is not a bad game to get a feel of the genre with. However when comparing the two, Overwatch is almost universally better.

But what you are saying makes Overwatch better is literally all opinion based. How can you say Overwatch is universally better when in reality the games are extremely similar and the mechanics and performance of BOTH games are very smooth and well polished. Paladins offers a more in depth take on the genre while Overwatch seems to me like a more basic FPS with less depth overall.

My point is the only thing that really separates the games are personal little tweaks and some minor but substantial differences. I think both are good games but to say paladins is a worse version just is not true and isn't giving the game the props it deserves. In my opinion people shouldn't hate on the opposite of the one they like they should just say i prefer BLANK for BLANK reasons. Because i believe both games have unique traits and experiences to offer and both are very high quality games.

Also how long has it been since you played Paladins? The game has progressed a TON from what i can tell.

Overwatch is:

-More well balanced

-Has better, more original character design. You can argue Paladins was in development first, but characters from Overwatch seem to have their kits magically appear in Paladins not too long after.

-Better sound quality, graphics, and match pacing.

-More well designed with a better understanding of the genre.

-Paladins has more depth, true, but depth does not necessarily make for a better game. If depth is your thing, play SMITE. Its basically a better version of Paladins. Why? Because Paladins is trying to be a MOBA, not an FPS, and its a mediocre MOBA. All of the features that are "unique" to it are basically ripped from MOBAs. Its Card system was basically already done in HotS, Items are from DOTA, and the draft system for ranked is a standard in all MOBAs. If I wanted all that, I would just go play SMITE as its by the same studio and is just better in every way.

-All in all, Paladins literally does nothing better than Overwatch.

To bad Paladins was in development first. So Overwatch is actually just a shitty version of paladins. I can tell alot of tard fanboys around these parts. Go suck blizzards dick more lol.

For it to be a shitty version of Paladins it would have to be shitty in the first place. Stop being in denial. Overwatch is just better.

Not saying Paladins is a shitty game, but its just a worse version of Overwatch.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 04:44:37 am by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2016, 08:02:33 am »
I didnt like it that much.

At best, it is just a worse version of Overwatch.

How is it a worse version of Overwatch?
Spoiler
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn7HZsr_rLQ&[/youtube]
[close]

Well, alot of what he says Paladins does well is subjective at best.

I actually hated the cards system in Paladins, and I disliked the items even more.

Character progression like that is just not needed in a game like that in my opinion. It adds needless complexity and forces you to specialize more. It turns the game more into a MOBA with skillshots. If I wanted that, I would just go play Hi-Rez's other game, SMITE.

I much prefer Overwatch's way of ditching character progression and specialization of being able to switch out mid match. He talked about how "If you are character X in Overwatch, you can only do X thing". That is true, but the difference between Overwatch and Paladins is that I am not locked into that character. Say I want to do Y thing later in the game, I can just switch to Y character.

Not sure if its still the same, but last time I played Paladins the match times were MUCH longer than they were in Overwatch, which I think is an incredibly poor design choice. Games like this are better with intense short matches rather than long drawn out matches, which is why the game feels more like a MOBA.

The point he was really going after is "Despite Overwatch being higher quality, Paladins has made better design choices" which I completely disagree with. i think that not only is Overwatch just generally of a higher quality, it was designed with a better understanding of the game they were trying to create and as such just feels far superior.

Paladins isn't a terrible game, but when you try to compare a F2P title of a only moderately known studio to a P2P title of one of the most legendary studios in all of gaming, its only natural that it can't compete. So I say if you can't afford Overwatch, Paladins is not a bad game to get a feel of the genre with. However when comparing the two, Overwatch is almost universally better.

But what you are saying makes Overwatch better is literally all opinion based. How can you say Overwatch is universally better when in reality the games are extremely similar and the mechanics and performance of BOTH games are very smooth and well polished. Paladins offers a more in depth take on the genre while Overwatch seems to me like a more basic FPS with less depth overall.

My point is the only thing that really separates the games are personal little tweaks and some minor but substantial differences. I think both are good games but to say paladins is a worse version just is not true and isn't giving the game the props it deserves. In my opinion people shouldn't hate on the opposite of the one they like they should just say i prefer BLANK for BLANK reasons. Because i believe both games have unique traits and experiences to offer and both are very high quality games.

Also how long has it been since you played Paladins? The game has progressed a TON from what i can tell.

Overwatch is:

-More well balanced

-Has better, more original character design. You can argue Paladins was in development first, but characters from Overwatch seem to have their kits magically appear in Paladins not too long after.

-Better sound quality, graphics, and match pacing.

-More well designed with a better understanding of the genre.

-Paladins has more depth, true, but depth does not necessarily make for a better game. If depth is your thing, play SMITE. Its basically a better version of Paladins. Why? Because Paladins is trying to be a MOBA, not an FPS, and its a mediocre MOBA. All of the features that are "unique" to it are basically ripped from MOBAs. Its Card system was basically already done in HotS, Items are from DOTA, and the draft system for ranked is a standard in all MOBAs. If I wanted all that, I would just go play SMITE as its by the same studio and is just better in every way.

-All in all, Paladins literally does nothing better than Overwatch.

For it to be a shitty version of Paladins it would have to be shitty in the first place. Stop being in denial. Overwatch is just better.

Not saying Paladins is a shitty game, but its just a worse version of Overwatch.

Lol Again everything you said was LITERALLY opinion except that the graphics/sounds are higher quality. Go back to the Overwatch thread if that is your game, do not come here to shit on paladins please.

In other news i had one of my best competitive games today.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 08:19:16 am »
Not shitting on Paladins. Its not a bad thing to be worse than Overwatch. Most of what I say isn't even an opinion.

Name one thing Paladins does better than Overwatch.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2016, 08:47:10 am »
Not shitting on Paladins. Its not a bad thing to be worse than Overwatch. Most of what I say isn't even an opinion.

-More well balanced /Paladins is in beta and the balance of champions is quite good at the moment.

-Has better, more original character design. You can argue Paladins was in development first, but characters from Overwatch seem to have their kits magically appear in Paladins not too long after. /I like the look of the paladins characters more then the overwatch ones. Literally completely opinion

-Better sound quality, graphics, and match pacing. /True about the sound and graphics but the match pacing is perfect in paladins so not sure what you are referencing. Or if you played payload casual instead of the siege competitive?

-More well designed with a better understanding of the genre. /Not sure where you are drawing this conclusion? I think if anything Overwatch doesnt understand the genre as their game is almost a pure FPS.

-Paladins has more depth, true, but depth does not necessarily make for a better game. If depth is your thing, play SMITE. Its basically a better version of Paladins. Why? Because Paladins is trying to be a MOBA, not an FPS, and its a mediocre MOBA. All of the features that are "unique" to it are basically ripped from MOBAs. Its Card system was basically already done in HotS, Items are from DOTA, and the draft system for ranked is a standard in all MOBAs. If I wanted all that, I would just go play SMITE as its by the same studio and is just better in every way. /Smite is a top down Action MOBA with ZERO FPS influence so to compare it to Paladins is RETARDED. Paladins requires skill to hit your shots but also incorporates the tactics and depth of the card loadouts and the mid-match items. And you can say its ripped but literally the entire basis for Overwatch was ripped from TF2 and Paladins.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2016, 08:56:00 am »
Both overwatch and paladins suck
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2016, 08:57:45 am »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2016, 08:58:27 am »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2016, 09:19:11 am »

-More well balanced /Paladins is in beta and the balance of champions is quite good at the moment.

-Has better, more original character design. You can argue Paladins was in development first, but characters from Overwatch seem to have their kits magically appear in Paladins not too long after. /I like the look of the paladins characters more then the overwatch ones. Literally completely opinion

-Better sound quality, graphics, and match pacing. /True about the sound and graphics but the match pacing is perfect in paladins so not sure what you are referencing. Or if you played payload casual instead of the siege competitive?

-More well designed with a better understanding of the genre. /Not sure where you are drawing this conclusion? I think if anything Overwatch doesnt understand the genre as their game is almost a pure FPS.

-Paladins has more depth, true, but depth does not necessarily make for a better game. If depth is your thing, play SMITE. Its basically a better version of Paladins. Why? Because Paladins is trying to be a MOBA, not an FPS, and its a mediocre MOBA. All of the features that are "unique" to it are basically ripped from MOBAs. Its Card system was basically already done in HotS, Items are from DOTA, and the draft system for ranked is a standard in all MOBAs. If I wanted all that, I would just go play SMITE as its by the same studio and is just better in every way. /Smite is a top down Action MOBA with ZERO FPS influence so to compare it to Paladins is RETARDED. Paladins requires skill to hit your shots but also incorporates the tactics and depth of the card loadouts and the mid-match items. And you can say its ripped but literally the entire basis for Overwatch was ripped from TF2 and Paladins.

Outside of Genre, Smite and Paladins really arent that different. Smite is 99% skill shots as well.

AeroNinja

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2016, 09:58:27 am »

This tbh. I never played Overwatch or Paladins as I know I will get bored in seconds.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2016, 10:44:31 am »

This tbh. I never played Overwatch or Paladins as I know I will get bored in seconds.

Lmfao, i hope you are joking. "I never played them but i know they suck." How can NW not bore you in seconds but a much more exciting game like Overwatch or Paladins will...

AeroNinja

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2016, 10:52:33 am »
Idk...   NW is fun if you make it fun. But I can't make Overwatch fun for myself. I just don't enjoy the gameplay. AC games always did it for me.

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2016, 09:20:23 pm »
Overwatch is a more shitty version of Paladins, yet more popular.. aight
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2016, 10:53:57 pm »
Overwatch is a more shitty version of Paladins, yet more popular.. aight

Yes because popularity determines quality. ::) You probably think WoW is the best mmorpg still right?