Author Topic: Paladins  (Read 11356 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Paladins
« on: December 22, 2016, 05:07:32 am »

Enter a fantasy world of ancient technology in Paladins, a team-based shooter with strategy elements and deep character customization. Through a unique collectible card system, players can amplify and augment a character’s core set of abilities to play exactly how they want to play.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
Re: Paladins
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 05:18:37 am »
I will update the 1st post later.

I recently started playing paladins as i was searching for a new competitive game to try. I had never tried anything like the MOBA/FPS genre so i figured i would give it a try since it was free to play and i always saw it featured in the steam store.

I INSTANTLY fell in love with the game. Whether it be the characters or just the overall feeling of the gameplay its super addictive and fun. I also like the card loadouts as they really help you build something a bit more personal to your tastes then just default characters with set abilities etc.

The game however still needs alot of tweaks and fine tuning but keep in mind it is in BETA at the moment and is constantly getting updates and improvements across the board with tons of support from the developers and an extremely active and growing community.

That being said, i currently have 63 hours of playtime and that is within like a week and a half or so. So needless to say i have been playing it pretty much nonstop since i started. I am currently level 24 and have recently gotten into the competitive side of the game, my main is Pip and i am currently Diamond rank and nearly ranked in the top 100 in the world for Pip.

Who are you favorite champions and what is your experience in the competitive or casual side of the game?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 05:25:50 am by Marceaux »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 07:11:25 am »
I didnt like it that much.

At best, it is just a worse version of Overwatch.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 08:06:19 am »

How is it a worse version of Overwatch?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn7HZsr_rLQ&[/youtube]

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 09:16:12 am »
I gave it a go a little while back and got like 75 eliminations on my first game, it was enjoyable but I think I still prefer Overwatch;

Video
[close]
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 09:56:58 am »

Well, alot of what he says Paladins does well is subjective at best.

I actually hated the cards system in Paladins, and I disliked the items even more.

Character progression like that is just not needed in a game like that in my opinion. It adds needless complexity and forces you to specialize more. It turns the game more into a MOBA with skillshots. If I wanted that, I would just go play Hi-Rez's other game, SMITE.

I much prefer Overwatch's way of ditching character progression and specialization of being able to switch out mid match. He talked about how "If you are character X in Overwatch, you can only do X thing". That is true, but the difference between Overwatch and Paladins is that I am not locked into that character. Say I want to do Y thing later in the game, I can just switch to Y character.

Not sure if its still the same, but last time I played Paladins the match times were MUCH longer than they were in Overwatch, which I think is an incredibly poor design choice. Games like this are better with intense short matches rather than long drawn out matches, which is why the game feels more like a MOBA.

The point he was really going after is "Despite Overwatch being higher quality, Paladins has made better design choices" which I completely disagree with. i think that not only is Overwatch just generally of a higher quality, it was designed with a better understanding of the game they were trying to create and as such just feels far superior.

Paladins isn't a terrible game, but when you try to compare a F2P title of a only moderately known studio to a P2P title of one of the most legendary studios in all of gaming, its only natural that it can't compete. So I say if you can't afford Overwatch, Paladins is not a bad game to get a feel of the genre with. However when comparing the two, Overwatch is almost universally better.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 12:12:06 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Well, alot of what he says Paladins does well is subjective at best.

I actually hated the cards system in Paladins, and I disliked the items even more.

Character progression like that is just not needed in a game like that in my opinion. It adds needless complexity and forces you to specialize more. It turns the game more into a MOBA with skillshots. If I wanted that, I would just go play Hi-Rez's other game, SMITE.

I much prefer Overwatch's way of ditching character progression and specialization of being able to switch out mid match. He talked about how "If you are character X in Overwatch, you can only do X thing". That is true, but the difference between Overwatch and Paladins is that I am not locked into that character. Say I want to do Y thing later in the game, I can just switch to Y character.

Not sure if its still the same, but last time I played Paladins the match times were MUCH longer than they were in Overwatch, which I think is an incredibly poor design choice. Games like this are better with intense short matches rather than long drawn out matches, which is why the game feels more like a MOBA.

The point he was really going after is "Despite Overwatch being higher quality, Paladins has made better design choices" which I completely disagree with. i think that not only is Overwatch just generally of a higher quality, it was designed with a better understanding of the game they were trying to create and as such just feels far superior.

Paladins isn't a terrible game, but when you try to compare a F2P title of a only moderately known studio to a P2P title of one of the most legendary studios in all of gaming, its only natural that it can't compete. So I say if you can't afford Overwatch, Paladins is not a bad game to get a feel of the genre with. However when comparing the two, Overwatch is almost universally better.

But what you are saying makes Overwatch better is literally all opinion based. How can you say Overwatch is universally better when in reality the games are extremely similar and the mechanics and performance of BOTH games are very smooth and well polished. Paladins offers a more in depth take on the genre while Overwatch seems to me like a more basic FPS with less depth overall.

My point is the only thing that really separates the games are personal little tweaks and some minor but substantial differences. I think both are good games but to say paladins is a worse version just is not true and isn't giving the game the props it deserves. In my opinion people shouldn't hate on the opposite of the one they like they should just say i prefer BLANK for BLANK reasons. Because i believe both games have unique traits and experiences to offer and both are very high quality games.

Also how long has it been since you played Paladins? The game has progressed a TON from what i can tell.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 12:15:48 pm »
I gave it a go a little while back and got like 75 eliminations on my first game, it was enjoyable but I think I still prefer Overwatch;

Video
[close]

Nice i think the most i have had is in the 50-60 range. Video wont play for me though Your commentary cracked me up a few times, that penta kill was sick lol. Cassie was so OP, thank god she just got nerfed. :P
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:24:21 pm by Marceaux »

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 12:20:55 pm »
shit game

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 12:27:44 pm »

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 12:34:10 pm »

Video
[close]

Nice i think the most i have had is in the 50-60 range. Video wont play for me though Your commentary cracked me up a few times, that penta kill was sick lol. Cassie was so OP, thank god she just got nerfed. :P
I legit had no idea what I was doing but it went fairly well.  ;D I haven't played it in a while but would happily play it again and see the updates.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2016, 12:37:51 pm »

Video
[close]

I legit had no idea what I was doing but it went fairly well.  ;D I haven't played it in a while but would happily play it again and see the updates.

Yeah man you should give it a try. The game is quite different then in the video you posted, much has changed since then. They just added a new champion as well. :D

Offline |Heinrich|

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ex - 92nd Colonel 2015-2017 Versions
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2016, 05:23:17 pm »
I think i prefer neither of them. They are both crap ;/

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 05:42:20 pm »
Just a shit overwatch.
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

AeroNinja

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 05:48:31 pm »