Author Topic: The Army of Kentucky  (Read 7686 times)

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
The Army of Kentucky
« on: November 19, 2017, 07:57:27 am »

The Army

Historically
Formed for the ill-fated invasion of Kentucky, the Confederate Army of Kentucky formed the Eastern
portion of the Confederate advance on the state capital. Though seeking to rejoin Bragg's Army of
Mississippi, the Army of Kentucky would be unable to link up with them until after the fateful strategic
defeat at Perryville. Following the battle, Kirby Smith was promoted to corps command, and the Army
of Kentucky was incorporated into the newly renamed Army of Tennessee.

In Battle Cry of Freedom
The Army of Kentucky will not follow the traditional organization of an army in the Napoleonic Wars community. We have been a close community for almost eight years now, and as such this Army is a representation of that, a centralized and close-knit community. Rather than being a conglomeration of various mostly-autonomous communities, the Army of Kentucky is more of a singular entity with central authority more akin to that of regiment commanders.

In Battle Cry of Freedom, it is our intention to take the field in the cause of the South as an independent and strong multi-branch entity which shall drive the Yankee out of the South's sacred soil using a disciplined command structure with able officers and well-trained and well-composed soldiers, all while striking a balance with a calm environment with which further enjoyment can be extrapolated from the game.

Constituent Units

Army Commander
HM General H.R. Hunt (DaMonkey, Steam)

18th Louisiana Volunteer Infantry Regiment
Formed on January 3 of 2019 to act as the initial mustering point for the infantry of the Army of Kentucky, the 18th Louisiana serves as part of the backbone of the Army.

Commanding Officer
Colonel Brandon Killeen (Branok, Steam)

13th Kentucky Cavalry Regiment
Formed on January 3rd of 2019, the 13th Kentucky serves as the Army's first unit of muster for potential cavalry troops who will serve as a screening force for the Army.

Commanding Officer
Major Caleb Grayson

1st Texas Artillery Battery "Dallas Light Artillery"
The Dallas Light Artillery, formed on January 3rd of 2019, is the Army's first point-of-entry for prospective artillerymen who will act as "diplomats" for the army on the field of battle, dispering formations and fortifications alike with their heavy guns.

Commanding Officer
Captain Joseph Thomas (TheBoberton, Steam)

1st Battalion, Kentucky Partisan Rangers
This formation of partisan rangers acts as a militia component to the army, being the holding pen for irregulars (inactives), reserves, and all new Army recruits awaiting confirmation to their preferred billets. Members of the partisan rangers may at some times be deployed as a unit, but more often than not its members which partake in events will be divvied out to other units which need additional manpower.

Commanding Officer
Lieutenant Colonel Grit

Enlisting

If you wish to join the Army of Kentucky, with all the responsibilities and privileges that would entail, feel free to contact any of the regimental
commanders, or the army commander himself. On joining, you will be placed into the militia regiment until you have finished your training and
probationary period, after which you will be moved to the branch of your choice.

While we would be open to letting other groups in, it is important to remember that this is not a 'conglomerate' army as seen previously in the
Napoleonic Wars community; the admission would be more akin to that of a merge, due to the more unitary command structure of the army. If
it's still something you are interested in, details can be fleshed out with the army commander directly.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 10:14:53 am by DaMonkey »
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
Re: Kentucky State Guard
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 07:57:45 am »
* Reserved. Thread Under Construction *
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 07:58:14 am »
guess u and olafson have been talkin

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 08:01:41 am »
We talk, but only about Arma's flaws I assure you.

Offline Alpharecon05

• Prince of FSE
  • Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cronku
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 08:07:19 am »
I just want my dad to love me.
Prince KeKnomad Alfa I - Heir to the Throne of FSE and Colonel in Chief of His Royal Majesty's Regiment of Foot Guards.

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 08:07:45 am »
We talk, but only about Arma's flaws I assure you.
sureeeeeeeeeeeeee

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 11:02:55 pm »
So like I thought BCof  was dead

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 05:16:36 am »
It's just sleeping.

Offline Guku36

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Guku
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 02:36:41 pm »
I didn't agree to this. Am I being drafted?
How dare you Rip 2pro4u fuku u suk oh man wat

The small dictionary of Guku

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 07:36:47 pm »
You signed your soul away to us many years ago. Don't forget, you're here forever!

Offline Duke Of LongTree

• First Lieutenant
  • 1stRM/USMC
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 11:32:50 pm »
This would be cool but I don't like Kentucky

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 06:54:59 pm »

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385