Author Topic: Movie & TV Show Critic Thread  (Read 63727 times)

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Movie & TV Show Critic Thread
« Reply #465 on: February 21, 2018, 05:49:07 am »
To be fair Marvel's been on the grind for a while now

The Punisher is a series I genuinly loved for its brute and yet down to earth feeling, the fist-fights were enjoyable and the series lead up to a good season's ending that was somewhat fulfilling but yet gave room for mystery for an upcoming season.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #466 on: February 21, 2018, 07:10:37 am »
I actually just watched justice league last night. It wasn’t a good movie. I would give it like 5.5/10.

DC keep trying to shove way to much into their films instead of slowly building a universe. Also they really lack interesting villains

And I don’t like what they did to Barry Allen/Flash.
It's really sad how DC has gone down the drain in terms of movies, they have rushed every product just to try and compete with Marvel and are failing miserably.
i don’t even think DC have the edge on tv anymore since marvel has all their quality Netflix series. DC let their small screen universe get too big and it requires you to watch all 5(?) shows.

O well atleast DC still has the slight edge in comics...
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
« Reply #467 on: February 21, 2018, 11:25:48 pm »
I don't know why people are raving about Black Panther. It was pretty good but nothing special.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 21, 2018, 11:37:25 pm »
I don't know why people are raving about Black Panther. It was pretty good but nothing special.
its because it has the first black superhero lead. Same thing happened with Wonder Woman
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #469 on: February 21, 2018, 11:40:10 pm »
its because it has the first black superhero lead. Same thing happened with Wonder Woman
Identity politics are one hell of a drug
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

~Posh~

« Reply #470 on: February 21, 2018, 11:40:24 pm »

"Oh my gosh, a whamen in a super-hero movieee"
My opinion about both movies
nothing special.

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 21, 2018, 11:54:45 pm »

Blade, Hancock, Steel, Spawn, you can also complain that Nick Fury is an important character and so is Luke Cage.

Oh well, diversity is codeword for anti-white anyways.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 22, 2018, 12:25:08 am »

Blade, Hancock, Steel, Spawn, you can also complain that Nick Fury is an important character and so is Luke Cage.

Oh well, diversity is codeword for anti-white anyways.
steel and spawn are among the worst comic book movies of all time

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 22, 2018, 12:27:12 am »
hey shaq is a good actor

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 22, 2018, 12:28:35 am »
hey shaq is a good actor
kazaam is my favorite movie

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 22, 2018, 12:30:16 am »
The DCEU is a dumpster fire. In their race to keep up with Marvel and cash in on superhero team ups they fucked everything up.

MoS was bad and I absolutely despised it at the time but by comparison to BvS it is Citizen Kane. At least it had some good moments and performances.

BvS was a trainwreck of monumental proportions and a point of no return. Batman and Superman are completely retarded. The number of stupid plot contrivances and outright holes are downright comical. Jesse Eisenberg... I cant really even knock him cause he was so horrifically miscast. Then they have  to try to cram in Death of Superman with nowhere near enough build up into an already crowded movie. In the comics his death and the aftermath is a colossal event, in BvS its a punchline (he barely even gets a redemption arc after it seems the whole world inexplicably hates him halfway through the movie - half the world is probably still happy he is dead at the end). Then they didnt even have the balls to keep him dead til the end, they had to hint it then immediately bring him back in Justice League. Colossal waste of one of DC's best storylines (Death of Superman) and of Doomsday (who looks downright awful in their pure CGI)

Suicide Squad was fucking atrocious, first movie I have walked out on half way through. Boring, soulless... I just didn't give a shit about the story or any of the paper thin characters. Top it off with making the Joker a side character plot device, though its probably for the best as it is by far the worst take on the joker. Assault on Arkham did basically the same story but radically better.

Justice League was a mess. I cant really blame them cause New 52 made it this way, but for starters it doesnt feel like a Justice League movie without Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern (John Stewart or Hal Jordan preferably). The CGI is a complete disaster and looks borderline unrendered in places. Cyborg looks awful and is completely soulless - miss his Teen Titans version. Batman goes from grizzled old BvS Batman to awkward joke cracking Batman to borderline suicidal depressed Batman and randomly shifts around these throughout. Superman's return is telegraphed and whatever. The villain looks like a reskin of Wonder Woman's and is cliche as fuck. Aquaman is cool I guess thanks Jason Momoa. Wonder Woman goes from a fairly nuanced character in her movie to "wahhhh I loved a man once but he died :( ". Just not a good movie.
Why am I still here

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 22, 2018, 12:46:06 am »
I wouldn’t mind seeing a Kyle rayner (really anyone but guy Gardner plz) green lantern movie. I don’t think they will do Hal Jordan again for a little while since they fucked that movie up.

Martian manhunter is actually one of the most intresting characters. I’m surprised he isn’t getting fucked up by the DCEU yet

I feel like aquamans only lines were “my man”. I get that they wanted to make him seem badass but I think they might have tried a little too hard. Still he’s probably the best part about the movie

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 22, 2018, 01:20:26 am »
Its because, to my unending frustration, Martian Manhunter was effectively replaced by Cyborg as a founding JL member with the New 52 changes. Fuck New 52 by the way, ruined so many characters (see: Lobo) and costumes/designs.
Why am I still here

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 22, 2018, 01:47:00 am »
Its because, to my unending frustration, Martian Manhunter was effectively replaced by Cyborg as a founding JL member with the New 52 changes. Fuck New 52 by the way, ruined so many characters (see: Lobo) and costumes/designs.
I'm surprised they didn’t try to fit Shazam into the JL movie too
I thought he was a founding memeber in new 52. But it was only the animated movie meh

Teen titans are awful too. I actually red like the first 30 comics

Atleast flashpoint was intresting
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:51:02 am by BabyJesus »

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 22, 2018, 01:56:32 am »
Has anyone here actually watched Gotham here?

Quite interesting to see alot of characters from a different POV imo.