Author Topic: 'Join the revolution' pictures & posts  (Read 8750 times)

Offline James Stewart

• Donator
  • Doesn't like Welsh Riflemen
    • View Profile
    • 91st Website
  • Nick: 91st_Col_James_Stewart
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: 'Join the revolution' pictures & posts
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2013, 07:55:01 pm »
Then again this thread serves no purpose except to for those who wish to suck up to the admins to do so.

Yeah because wanting mature debate about changes to the community structure rather than meme spam and childish revolutionaries is about sucking up to admins... But never mind this isnt going anywhere.
But you know as well as I do that these proposed reforms won't actually be implemented and if they do they'll soon be thrown aside and the iron fist restored.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2013, 07:56:50 pm »
Change your sig, James.

Offline Xeroth

• Donator
  • 3E GOD TIER
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2013, 07:59:17 pm »
Look at this. The same community fighting over a subject that was dropped by the community hours ago, yet more threads and replies pop up over and over. Just drop the subject! We are the same community, all human beings who play a video game together. Not two sides of a war, it's fucking sickening. The moderators gave back the 51st name, they are making a group of representatives to help the community, yet this stupid "revolution" continues? You guys aren't rebels with a cause, you just want to start problems. This is doing more harm then good. Sickening. I'm ready to just leave this community, to be honest.
A melee competant 6th Season NWL Champ
Karth are we still jealous of your reg?

Offline James Stewart

• Donator
  • Doesn't like Welsh Riflemen
    • View Profile
    • 91st Website
  • Nick: 91st_Col_James_Stewart
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2013, 08:01:23 pm »

Offline Gragnok

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1stEB_Col_Gragnok
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2013, 08:05:20 pm »
Then again this thread serves no purpose except to for those who wish to suck up to the admins to do so.

Yeah because wanting mature debate about changes to the community structure rather than meme spam and childish revolutionaries is about sucking up to admins... But never mind this isnt going anywhere.
But you know as well as I do that these proposed reforms won't actually be implemented and if they do they'll soon be thrown aside and the iron fist restored.

My point wasn't about how well the changes to the system work it was about how people behave when they ask for them and debate them. I simply want people to behave with some basic manners and maturity on issues that would benefit from it. On the matter of how much they change i would rather reserve judgement until they have actually happened before i start making accusations about this iron fist you speak of being restored.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2013, 08:08:34 pm »
If you don't give a fuck about this whole thing, then why bother complaining about some peoples signature?

Because, for gods sake, it's a signature. It's a picture. I've had a Waterloo veteran in my sig and NOBODY gave a fuck.

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2013, 08:13:48 pm »
What else would we talk about? The interesting line battle?

Either way Jocam, your post seems like a knee jerk reaction to something that you don't quite understand, as the pictures were not there to actually physically man-handle the dev team out but they were there to say "F U" - at least that is what I interpreted from their usage. Also, Deofuta, whilst people may not be able to coup (the concept would be ridiculous) they did in fact force you to be more liberal in your dealings - just look at the reforms you did as they would not of been there otherwise.

I just sit here wondering whether the reforms will actually mean anything, as if my suspicions are correct the reforms were just a way to shut people up and dare I say that the community rep situation will have no effect on anything whatsoever but then again, it is the thought that counts.

A thing that makes me laugh about this whole situation is how those who were throwing spears at the angry bear of a mob are now in the rep forum asking to represent that exact community. I think I also saw another chap who labelled the community as 'douches' also applying. It's just funny how they can vouch to represent the community they criticise(d, I do not think that anyone who sat against the community should be made community rep, for they clearly have no spine; they will not stand up to any moderator as their view is one of power-grabbing, prestige and simply making friends with the server-aristocrats.

I will not be removing my picture as I simply can't be bothered to, a moderator may remove the picture as he sees fit.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 08:19:41 pm by Robin_Hood »

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2013, 08:31:15 pm »

A thing that makes me laugh about this whole situation is how those who were throwing spears at the angry bear of a mob are now in the rep forum asking to represent that exact community. I think I also saw another chap who labelled the community as 'douches' also applying. It's just funny how they can vouch to represent the community they criticise(d, I do not think that anyone who sat against the community should be made community rep, for they clearly have no spine; they will not stand up to any moderator as their view is one of power-grabbing, prestige and simply making friends with the server-aristocrats.

This is, though, the exact kind of sharpness needed at picking admins and reps

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2013, 08:45:57 pm »

You know Sid, the people supporting the changes are not the whole community and if some people who are against the "revolution" think that it will be for the better of the community if they and not any of that angry mob become representatives than that is their right to do so.

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2013, 08:52:16 pm »
Lets all just chillax. Jeez.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile