Author Topic: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞ [ESP 1st ; GER 2nd, POL 3rd]  (Read 152935 times)

Offline Zahari

• Major
  • Man with 0 ping Also known as Vicky ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA N°8
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞
« Reply #1170 on: January 16, 2018, 10:54:49 pm »
GG Thx for the match UK. It was really hard one. You were awesome guys. You deserve better place.
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: January 16, 2018, 11:22:38 pm »
GG, respectable performance from UK despite them being weakened by absence of their captain. The bronze match wasn't easy to win.

Offline Pliskin

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [DKV]Nr6_Rtr_Pliskin
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1172 on: January 16, 2018, 11:40:15 pm »
Anyone recorded the match for 3rd place?

BTW, GG to UK, schön gemacht, a tough match indeed. Also thanks to Erik for organizing CNC, very enjoyable tournament, would be perfect if not for the lancers #blamediarmuid
You know, the world isn't run by the laws written on paper. It's run by people.

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #1173 on: January 16, 2018, 11:40:35 pm »

The 2017 Cavalry Nations Cup has come to an end.

The competition lasted for about two months, from November to January.
Ten teams were gathered, for a total of approximately 200 players.

Now that the competition is over, here is the podium:

Champion

2nd Place

3rd Place

I want to thank all the people who helped me organize this event.

Thank to my referees: Rastignac, Kanade Tachibana, Levoro, Hawk & Graf-Maximus.
Thanks to Clausewitz & Sukesa, who have taken over when no one was available to referee a match.

Thanks to the members of the Media Team, who helped me with the interviews and match previews: Cage, Rastignac, Narsus.
Thanks to all the players who have recorded and uploaded videos throughout the competition: Herishey, Dokletian, Victor, Tulkas, and I'm probably forgetting a few.

Thanks to Dodo from Beyond Severs for renewing the trust he has put in me throughout all the events that I have hosted, and for letting me use three of his servers for the competition.
Thanks to Profy who has made the map of the tournament for me.

Thanks to all Captains and Vice-Captains who have worked hard to gather and train their teams, to organize their matches and to lead their men on the field.
And most importantly, thanks to all the players who have participated in this 2017 Cavalry Nations Cup.

I know this Cavalry Nations Cup has been subject to a lot of debating about the lancer class, and the fact that it was allowed into the competition. The fact that the only lancer team of the event won the Champion Title surely didn't help, and I want to give my stricltly personal point of view on the subject. Please note that I'm only doing this because I too feel like giving my opinion. I do not want any argument to resume after that. If you're going to debate over the subject, do it as clever and well-educated people, and don't mock other people's opinions just because they aren't similar to yours.
If you don't give a single fuck about my personal opinion on the lancers debate, you really don't have to read what's in that spoiler. Thank you.

Spoiler
I personally think that allowing lancers into the Cavalry Nations Cup was a mistake afterall. And that's not because the lancer class is particularly OP (although it does have many advantages and relatively few drawbacks, we must admit that). As many people said before, if you can find the right way to adapt to lancers and counter them, then they can be beaten. The NA cav players have done it, and the Native players have done it (on Native I mean). But here's a simple fact: lancers are not a thing in the European Cavalry Community of NW. And I don't think throwing them into a major cavalry competition was a good idea. Some may say that it's an easy way for EU players to keep their hussar-dominated community (with one or two heavy cavalry teams who have always been around and have always performed well), but when you host an event, you also have to adapt to who you are hosting it for. You're not going to host a football match on a rugby field, that simply wouldn't fit. That's the same thing here.
Sure, there are NW lancers in the community. A few of them. But no established and stable community, regiment or anything. And this has been proven by a simple fact: the Spanish team was mostly composed by Native players. Let me be clear with that: I have zero problem with that fact. I have a lot of respect for Traeeseron (the Spanish Captain) and for the work he has always done with the Spanish team, and he took the best players he could for his team. The Spanish victory is absolutely fair and legit and I strongly believe these facts.
BUT, this Spanish team wasn't really a perfect image of the NW cavalry community. And sometimes it felt more to me as if it was a Native team competing in a NW competition. And I find that a bit sad. I do not know the Native community and I'm not interested in it. I know there's a whole e-penis debate about which community is the most skilled etc, I leave that to the people who want to be involved in that kind of debate. But seeing a team composed of mostly non-NW players win a NW competition feels a little bit weird (and then again, no offense at all to these players, they have been great on the field and deserve their victory).
That's about it. If there was an established base of lancers in the European cavalry community of NW, then lancers would be a thing in every tournament. But that is clearly not the case, and we should have adapted a little more to the community this competition was meant for.

I have no problem at all with admiting my mistakes, and I'll say it: allowing a lancer vote to happen at the Captains Meeting was a mistake that I have made. That being said, there was a vote, and the decision was taken by all, not by myself alone. I'd like that to be clear.
I hope this won't offend anyone as it is really not the aim. I have no problem with anyone in this affair, and this lancer issue did not ruin the whole thing for me, and despite not going to far with the French team, this CNC is still a tournament I have enjoyed hosting and playing in. Thanks for reading.
[close]

I sincerely hope that this was an enjoyable event for everyone.
I hope that I have managed to make people play with players they weren't used to play with, and thet they have enjoyed this experience.
I hope that the next major cavalry tournament, may it be hosted by me or anyone else (which still needs to be decided regarding the CNWL) will be as good if not better than this one.
I hope that the NW Cavalry Community will keep expanding, that new regiments will come around, and that competition will remain a thing.
I hope that you will all keep enjoying yourselves on this game. No matter what your regiment is, we're all a part of the same community and I wish to all the same amount of fun, good times, and good people to meet.

Thanks for reading, see you another time.

- 2017 Cavalry Nations Cup organizer,
Erik.

Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline HawkonPC

• Captain
  • 4e Hussard's Amateur Brigadier
    • View Profile
Re: ♞ Napoleonic Wars Cavalry Nations Cup 2017 ♞ [ESP 1st ; GER 2nd, POL 3rd]
« Reply #1174 on: January 16, 2018, 11:55:50 pm »
I want to personally say a massive thank you to Erik for hosting the CNC this year. I think everyone can agree there was a lot more shit slinging this year than usual, another person may have run out of patience and called it quits but he kept it all running.
Whether this was the last CNC of NW or not I feel it’s been an enjoyment and a privilege to take part and I thank everyone who decided to join their nations team and helped make it a very enjoyable contest. GG.

-Hawk (amateur hussar of the 4e)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #1175 on: January 17, 2018, 12:16:05 am »

BTW, GG to UK, schön gemacht, a tough match indeed. Also thanks to Erik for organizing CNC, very enjoyable tournament, would be perfect if not for the lancers #blamediarmuid
I have the footage but forgot to save my mic's audio, so I can upload it if people want me to?
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Pliskin

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: January 17, 2018, 12:17:08 am »

I have the footage but forgot to save my mic's audio, so I can upload it if people want me to?

Sure, go ahead :)

Offline Rastignac

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: January 17, 2018, 01:09:02 am »
Congratulations to the teams with whom we share podium, especially the winners - Spain. I agree that it was part skill, part seizing the opportunity to use lancers, but it was all within the rules of competition and therefore is legit. To those who doubt their merit, think of the Irish team - this example shows us that you can't just give lancers to a shit team with shit captain and expect the class to carry them to victories.

I'd also like to point out that this is the most diverse podium in the history of CNC. One team of hussars, one of cuirassiers, one of lancers. In spite of all controversy, this is NOICE.

Salutations to all opponents POL team had to face on it's way to the bronze, we are extremely satisfied with our result, given how much struggle it took to even form this team and meet the minimum amounts of players set in the rules. It was all worth it in the end.

Thanks to Remi for organising this edition and handling all the mess it involved almost single-handedly. It took enormous effort and that effort is appreciated. This tournament caused some tensions between us, but now that it's positively over, we can be tender gay lovers once again and keep nagivating the cloudless skies of love and pleasure.

Xoxo

Offline Harford

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • salut
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #1178 on: January 17, 2018, 01:15:06 am »

and then you're wondering why dave's vids are better !!!!!
Former 2ndCSG_Pvt | 7th_Trp | 8e_Mchl | 17e_CplFo | 77y_Pfc | 5e_Brg | 91st_Pte
Currently IVe_7eCvl

tardet will you marry me
Yes

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_Major_Felix
« Reply #1179 on: January 17, 2018, 06:27:14 am »
Gj and thank you Erik

Offline Ciiges

• First Lieutenant
  • swift as death
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Huss_Brg_Ciiges[4]
« Reply #1180 on: January 17, 2018, 08:56:42 am »
I didn't really participate actively this tournament, but I have to give props to the way you ran the tournament, Erik.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #1181 on: January 17, 2018, 09:08:41 am »
Thank you for hosting and taking so much effort in always trying to improve the CNC!
Most say that it has been an awesome one and I think that‘s what counts the most.

I‘m proud of what we have reached in the tournament, even though we could have done better at some points. Losing only one match against lancers, while winning against stronger teams like UK, Benelux, Turkey and Poland is an overall good résumé for me, personally.

Our goal was next to even reach the finals, of course being the first german team which actually wins the most important cavalry event. At least we‘ve tried and I do really have to thank every player in the german team and especially Fidje, who’s strong leadership brought us out of several desperate situations (the poland game, especially).
They‘ve done a wonderful job, honestly.

Spoiler
I‘m really glad seeing someone summarizing the whole lancer debate so well, Erik. You‘re right.
A paintball team can‘t just come up with actual firearms and tell the teams, that already arrived that they could have brought ballistic vests.
If you know what I mean.
[close]

Edit: Probably we can use this thread to actually communicate about the future of the cav community!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 09:13:31 am by Dokletian »
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #1182 on: January 17, 2018, 10:08:47 am »

Sure, go ahead :)
It'll probably take me a few days as I'm rather busy atm but I'll get the footage edited and uploaded as soon as I can.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Erik le Rouge

• Lieutenant General
  • Depardieu best dieu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Cpt_Erik
« Reply #1183 on: January 17, 2018, 01:28:25 pm »
I want to personally say a massive thank you to Erik for hosting the CNC this year. I think everyone can agree there was a lot more shit slinging this year than usual, another person may have run out of patience and called it quits but he kept it all running.
Whether this was the last CNC of NW or not I feel it’s been an enjoyment and a privilege to take part and I thank everyone who decided to join their nations team and helped make it a very enjoyable contest. GG.

-Hawk (amateur hussar of the 4e)

Thanks a lot Hawk, appreciate it!

Thanks to Remi for organising this edition and handling all the mess it involved almost single-handedly. It took enormous effort and that effort is appreciated.

This tournament caused some tensions between us, but now that it's positively over, we can be tender gay lovers once again and keep nagivating the cloudless skies of love and pleasure.

Xoxo

Gj and thank you Erik

My pleasure, hope you had fun.

I didn't really participate actively this tournament, but I have to give props to the way you ran the tournament, Erik.

Thanks Ciiges. Now I hope to see you a bit more in the 4e, it's cool to have you around!

Thank you for hosting and taking so much effort in always trying to improve the CNC!
Most say that it has been an awesome one and I think that‘s what counts the most.

Edit: Probably we can use this thread to actually communicate about the future of the cav community!

Thank you Dokletian, your words are much appreciated.
And sure! We can keep using this thread to discuss anything related to cavalry. There's a lot of really nice things we can still organize and enjoy.

Quote from: Treiz35
fuck erik
Quote from: Dokletian
fuck erik
Quote from: Sinjide
yeah fuck erik
Quote from: Aless
fuck erik
Quote from: Michnicki 1
fuck Erik
Quote from: Charles la Valette
i love erik
Quote from: TxM
fuck erik
Quote from: FreyrDS
fuck Erik
Quote from: Termito
fuck erik.
Quote from: Ciiges
fuck erik
Quote from: Remao
fuck Erik

Offline Pliskin

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: January 17, 2018, 03:21:08 pm »
It'll probably take me a few days as I'm rather busy atm but I'll get the footage edited and uploaded as soon as I can.

Cool man, thanks for the effort!