Author Topic: Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Release November 17th, 2017  (Read 4590 times)

AeroNinja

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 - Release November 17th, 2017
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 09:26:24 am »
And these are free, no season pass only small micro transactions that are not game breaking or being a pay to win. Everything you buy with micro transactions you can also earn in-game.

Then you got the clone wars era and the TFA era. Full campaign,  expanded skirmish. Game will have 3 times more content than the previous game.

Space battles coming back.

Yeah, EA learned finally from their mistakes.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 04:55:57 pm »
It looks good, won't lie. I'm wondering how the customization will work if there's any. I'd love to make a painted clone trooper to be like the 501st or something like that, or make a Captain Rex type helmet, add in tally marks to represent kills, etc.

I also love the decision from EA/DICE/Lucasfilm to use Dee Bradley Baker as the clone's voice. I love Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett) but this just feels so much better and some much needed PR for the devs.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

AeroNinja

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 06:13:48 pm »
Completely agreed. I hope for the clone battalion customization that they add these famous battalions listed here

View list
327th Star Corps
Spoiler
[close]

212th
Spoiler
[close]

41st Elite Corps aka Kashyyyk troopers
Spoiler
[close]

Coruscant Guards
Spoiler
[close]

And ofcourse the famous 501st and ARC troopers.
[close]

I hope the droid army gets their customization aswell. They also had different colors. Now we only got to see the basic droid and the red security droid. Would be nice to see a droid with yellow marks. Commando droids would also be nice to be added. But they only appeared in the Clone Wars animated TV series. Though they are lore.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2017, 11:35:01 pm »
"Everything is proceeding as I have forseen."
So far so good. Really good. I wanted to see some singleplayer gameplay but this is really fine. For one, thank gosh no more paid DLC locked maps that split up the community at large. I'm debating which system I would get this game for though, couch co-op is nice, but so is community atmosphere or size.

The pre-alpha state of the game was the main source of my nitpicks. There is even video of EA/DICE/etc pls with the combat rolling in four directions now.
https://clips.twitch.tv/GlamorousFurtiveDonutPlanking

If they fix the pre-alpha ness (same death sounds, Boba Fett's flamethrower melee not working, etc) of the game by the time of the multiplayer beta, it will be very pleasing.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 11:37:23 pm by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 01:40:01 am »
Man I remember darth maul tearing up the clones in episode 3, so looking forward to this game
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 01:15:27 pm »
Hyped.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 06:40:40 pm »
Why are we calling battlefront 4 battlefront 2?
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

MATT123456789

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2017, 07:17:47 pm »
I already know what EA is going to do.

They are going to make star wars battlefront a series like call of duty, with releases every year. But, every year, the price is going to slowly go up for each new release, so we don't notice that we are slowly having to pay more and more each year for the game. So one year its $60, then the next is $60.33, then the next its $60.66. Along with that each year they are going to be putting less and less content in the game so they don't have to put as much work into it + more DLC packages. But it will be at a slow rate we won't notice this. Big companies are already doing this, look at the size of a soda can and a reeses cup from 1995 till now. Vastly smaller. Now the "King Sized" reeses, which was the size of a regular reesses back in 1995, now costs a dollar more than the new, regular sized reeses.

Another thing all the major companies are going to do, is shut down the multiplayer servers for the former game when the new release comes out, so anyone that wants to play the game on multiplayer, they have to spend money and get the newest release. EA is testing the waters with this, with the MLB the show series, every year they turn off the servers for the past year, and still the peoples lack of willpower gets the best of them, and they cave in and buy the new release.

Over the years, they are going to start doing this with their other series, like battlefield and battlefront, but slowly so no one notices it. Also other companies are going to start doing that as well with their games, so in 10-20 years from now, it'll be the norm to buy a half completed game for $70 with 20 DLC packages, and a multiplayer server that shuts down with every new release.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2017, 07:19:40 pm »
Because EA wants to pretend the first two Battlefronts didn't exist for some weird reason. Plus, calling it Battlefront 2 instead of 4 might very well attract a lot of very nostalgic players, thinking this will be the same as the original Battlefront 2 and buying it for that very reason.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Leader of 1er Suisse, Ski Instructor, Paintballer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nick: J-Man11
  • Side: Union
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2017, 07:52:26 pm »
Because EA wants to pretend the first two Battlefronts didn't exist for some weird reason. Plus, calling it Battlefront 2 instead of 4 might very well attract a lot of very nostalgic players, thinking this will be the same as the original Battlefront 2 and buying it for that very reason.

I personally think its because they are showing how this is the better one, and starting the series over again..

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2017, 09:00:11 pm »
I get the whole Battlefield 1 shit, but this is just ridiculous.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 01:13:05 pm »
The Battlefront II 2017 beta is live to everyone since the 6th. Beta ends on the 9th 11th of October, extended. Bumping this for any new discussion, so let 'er rip.

I've played quite a bit of the beta so far and while it is certainly an overall improvement from 2015's game, there is a lot of work to be done. The more I read about feedback on the Battlefront series subreddit, the more imperfections that are noticeable.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:24:17 pm by usnavy30 »
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 06:55:58 pm »
I've been enjoying the beta. My only con is that there are some things I wish could be changed such as the LAAT (it's terrible).

Here's some gameplay I got
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
[close]

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2017, 07:43:34 am »
I've been enjoying the beta. My only con is that there are some things I wish could be changed such as the LAAT (it's terrible).

Here's some gameplay I got
Spoiler
[close]
Yeah, the LAAT gunship on rails without any air support of allied starfighters isn't fun to play much. Nice gameplay video. What's your thoughts on the Strike game mode? Takodana is very difficult as the First Order team when your allies think it is team deathmatch. For the Resistance team, it is usually a breeze if the whole team is working together. One visual bug I noticed though, the carrier's defend icon sometimes doesn't move so I lose track of who I'm supposed to protect or kill. The FO Flametrooper is way too underpowered for its DPS and hard-to-tell range of the flamethrower itself, I haven't used it yet even with the opportunity. Apparently the Strike game mode will have different objectives too depending on the map. Same as Galactic Assault.

I await your review video :D

Also the beta just got extended to the 11th of October now.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:23:55 pm by usnavy30 »

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2017, 09:19:41 pm »
I found the resistance to be OP. Their jump trooper comes with a super powerful rifle compared to the FO's pistol for their jump trooper. Wookies are also way better then the flame trooper who is only marginally effective inside of the castle. It has no range to be effective in the outside portion. Overall, I think strike will be fun but I think heroes are sort of necessary, at least for the attackers, to be able to get it to the objective and then move it.
Edit: I also really like Darth Maul and I'm working on a compilation of myself using him. I found him to be extremely effective at breaking the stalemates inside the Palace hallways and although he usually dies, he can push your team forward. I also found him far better for hero v hero combat versus Rey. I think he's balanced well considering he can't block.

Overall, there's a lot of promise but I think it's going to take a lot of patches to get it truly 'balanced'.

Spoiler
[close]