Author Topic: Share your Reenacting Video  (Read 5875 times)

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Share your Reenacting Video
« on: January 25, 2013, 02:33:36 pm »
Hey guys, I know many reenactor like to tell story or show video about a epic event they were just there. So, here's your chance. Share your reenacting unit video or events you took part of!

Offline Dordak_the_Lost

• Donator
  • Faugh a Ballagh!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Share your Reenacting Video
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 04:45:37 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXZYtmq0Arw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDPZOOryRtc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mJzJY6VkYg[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 06:36:12 pm by Dordak_the_Lost »

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 07:43:50 am »
Not sure if you have seen this, I liked the rebel yell in this.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 04:41:19 pm »
I was portraying the 20th Maine Volunteers Company G
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 05:05:25 pm »
I was portraying the 20th Maine Volunteers Company G

Those uniforms...so cheap...Damn ACW.

Offline Dordak_the_Lost

• Donator
  • Faugh a Ballagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 07:18:07 pm »
You have quite an ego don't you...   :P

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 07:38:36 pm »
I have, but that's not the point.

I meant that in comparison, getting together a full ACW kit is cheaper and easier then a Napoleonic uniform...Plus, you guys can have 10 different regiments stand next to eachother, all looking alike, to make things appear more realistic. Here...Well, let me show you this.

Spoiler
[close]

That's really the best we can do. Which, granted, looks cool, but I am rather jealous of your nice-looking Union lines. Then, we have proper marching. Hehehe!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 07:42:12 pm by Duuring »

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 07:45:05 pm »
Medieval reenactments are pretty cool
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDdTB1GzHJw[/youtube]

Damn russians

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 07:49:31 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJBfrrguEpY[/youtube]

Love how the French really jump over the wall and get pushed back. Also, don't forget to go to 4:40 to hear the Dutch warcry.

Oranje!
BOVEN!

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 07:50:05 pm »
That's LARP, Reenacting and LARP are different, even though reenacting is a type of LARP.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 08:09:41 pm »
I have, but that's not the point.

I meant that in comparison, getting together a full ACW kit is cheaper and easier then a Napoleonic uniform...Plus, you guys can have 10 different regiments stand next to eachother, all looking alike, to make things appear more realistic. Here...Well, let me show you this.

Spoiler
[close]

That's really the best we can do. Which, granted, looks cool, but I am rather jealous of your nice-looking Union lines. Then, we have proper marching. Hehehe!  ;D

Cheaper? I disagree, if the civil war kits are cheap then they'r full of crap quality. Good Quality ACW kit can reach up over thousands. For a Sack Coat, it can price from 160 to 300 or 400. Then we have the pant, Leather kit, the tents, personal item, knapsack, all that pricey stuff. It depend on the quality my good sir.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 08:25:06 pm »
Taken, but even then, Union (and CSA) regiments have the advantage of being able to blob together.

Offline Dordak_the_Lost

• Donator
  • Faugh a Ballagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 10:12:09 pm »
Taken, but even then, Union (and CSA) regiments have the advantage of being able to blob together.

This is because we all don't cling to who our units are named after. The majority of union reenactos have a very versatile uniform. however, there are occasions where entire battalions will buy essentially a whole new uniform for one event. Like 1st manassas. The battalion portraying the 69th had everyone buy a red issue shirt and a havelock. The officers all had new uniforms as well as the ncos.(red accents, shoulder boards, nco stripes, etc...) So I wouldn't say the reason we are able t o "blob" together is because the era is easier... (we probably have less options but that doesn't make it easy. its not hard to do either. just a bit of research and effort)

Of course I don't know how Napoleonic reenactments work so it may be a bit different.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 10:14:56 pm »
That's an exception. It's sheer impossible for Napoleonics. Regiments portray a certain era, and do not change their uniform for one specific battle. Because, simple, it would take an entire new uniform which is only useable in THAT battle, which might be a bit too costy. For example, A French soldier of the line should have, to portray 1800-1815, three different shako's, a bicorn, two forage caps,   three or even four different uniform jackets, different plates for cartridge boxes, three kind of trousers. Besides the shirts, boots, gaiters, backpack, etc.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:19:41 pm by Duuring »

Offline Dordak_the_Lost

• Donator
  • Faugh a Ballagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 10:36:24 pm »
That's an exception. It's sheer impossible for Napoleonics. Regiments portray a certain era, and do not change their uniform for one specific battle. Because, simple, it would take an entire new uniform which is only useable in THAT battle, which might be a bit too costy. For example, A French soldier of the line should have, to portray 1800-1815, three different shako's, a bicorn, two forage caps,   three or even four different uniform jackets, different plates for cartridge boxes, three kind of trousers. Besides the shirts, boots, gaiters, backpack, etc.

The only reason I'm argueing is that you act as if Napoleonic reenacting is hundreds of times harder thancivil war. While I will admit that having to buy a million different parts for your uniform is probably harder, its not like civil war reenactors don't have to deal with that. There's tons of gear out there thats only appropriate for certain time periods. (I will also admit that that picture you posted isn't that bad. I have seen far worse battalions than that but they were probably farbs so it doesn't really count)

Why do you say Napoleonic reenqctors can march better? what makes them so special?

And as a final note, i will add that i have seen units change from normal infantry into zouaves And back over the course of one event. But that is rare.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:38:16 pm by Dordak_the_Lost »