Author Topic: Death in Reenactment  (Read 11135 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Death in Reenactment
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 09:03:20 pm »
At Leipzig, our small Prussian batallion faced a much larger line of Poles and Young Guard infantry. They came at us, we marched towards them, and then about 20 meters the lines stopped and both sides jeered at eachother. This continued for like a minute, when suddenly someone shouted 'Zuruck!'. We broke. And ran. The batallion was shattered, and we had to regroup a good distance behind, around the flag.

Much more awesome and accurate than dying. There's truly nothing like running like hell.

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 11:11:02 pm »
In every one I've watched/participated we just break and reform from a distance.

Offline Mr. Kochi

• First Lieutenant
  • Baah! Baah baah, baah? Baah baah!
    • View Profile
    • The Skin Warehouse
  • Nick: Mr. James Koach
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2015, 04:09:52 am »
This is a small rant of mine, but I barely saw anyone dropping dead at Waterloo this year. Seriously, in my unit for example, only myself and two others dropped. Some even refused to do so when told to.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2015, 07:22:33 am »
This is a small rant of mine, but I barely saw anyone dropping dead at Waterloo this year. Seriously, in my unit for example, only myself and two others dropped. Some even refused to do so when told to.
I'm not a reenactor but from the footage i saw of waterloo this year, I can understand why no one would want to lay down and miss a second of it
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2015, 07:54:52 pm »
I'm not a reenactor but from the footage i saw of waterloo this year, I can understand why no one would want to lay down and miss a second of it

Sadly, this is so true. And I am guilty of it as well, as a a result of that I popped nearly 50 shots during each battle. Normally we only get 15-20.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2015, 11:41:11 pm »
Please, you can have plenty of fun. I died 3 times during Waterloo...
Just make sure that your group picks you up again, when advancing.

Good Groups and especially good officers will make sure that you will not continue being dead for the rest of the battle.

Offline UhtredskaerAlsoMilky

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Gren_CplFo_Uhtredskaer (Milky)
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2015, 11:44:46 pm »
Problems we had was that the smoke and noise made it very difficult to tell how close cavalry was, so was largely too dangerous to lay down in that wheat unless there were no horses anywhere nearby

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2015, 02:03:07 am »
Yeah, there's also the issue with in the Dutch Brigade with Sjak Draak as your commander who's obsessed with moving every 5 minutes.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
  • Heres to the bloody fighting 95th
    • View Profile
  • Nick: its_barnesy_bitches
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 10:51:28 am »

Sadly, this is so true. And I am guilty of it as well, as a a result of that I popped nearly 50 shots during each battle. Normally we only get 15-20.

Guilty as charged! I noticed that barely anyone "Died". I say that in inverted commas because, well... people did die :/
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"
Aww thanks Cenkris for those kind words
Ex Leader of the 15th Rifle Detachment

Offline Mr. Kochi

• First Lieutenant
  • Baah! Baah baah, baah? Baah baah!
    • View Profile
    • The Skin Warehouse
  • Nick: Mr. James Koach
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2015, 04:26:54 am »
Yes, but  they don't count.