Author Topic: My Message to FSE and the NW Community  (Read 19741 times)

Offline Tharan

• Donator
  • Owner of Sheb Kebab.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: My Message to FSE and the NW Community
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2015, 09:53:04 am »
Tbf by the tim3 bcof comes out bannerlords will already be out and so will tye next mount and musket

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2015, 01:44:18 pm »
http://www.metacritic.com/feature/games-that-shed-vaporware-status
3 years is nothing. Especially for an indie developer trying to make a ambition game that has 500 players at once.

I remember seeing Final fantasy 15 at e3 2006. That's almost 10 YEARS! And the demo is only coming out next month. Square Enix also a huge development team with millions of dollars to spend.

So calm down please and put down your pitch forks and let FSE develop this game at their own pace not yours. You are not entitled to chose their pace of development.
I love your signature  ::)
Ody for once you and I agree on something.

Nipplestockings said it perfectly a few pages back, when this was announced I was super pumped and would have thrown some money at it if I had the resources, but now any word at all is so few and far between I'm questioning if I'm even going to buy it. Almost three and a half years of NW burnt me out completely and it's been almost five months since I've done any serious regiment business. Just basically what Nipplestockings said, long story short, an update of any kind would be nice.
You shouldn't take your boredom of NW and turn it into frustration of the lack of dev blogs. I would be surprised if there is any NW vets (500+ hours on NW) who isn't burned out of NW by now.

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2015, 02:20:58 pm »
I still go back to NW and mess around groupfighting or on 63e siege sometimes. I haven't been in a regiment in at least a year, though. The game is still fun in small doses but its glory days are certainly long past.

I hope BCOF will revive the community but I have my ever present doubts. I personally have very little interest in the game itself - if I were to buy it I would probably just mess around with friends rather than taking it anywhere near as seriously as I did NW.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2015, 04:12:54 pm »

You shouldn't take your boredom of NW and turn it into frustration of the lack of dev blogs. I would be surprised if there is any NW vets (500+ hours on NW) who isn't burned out of NW by now.

500+ hours is vet? D:
<3

Offline Newkirk

• Colonel
  • 27th Relic
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Old Mr. Kirk
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2015, 07:45:36 pm »
3 years is nothing. Especially for an indie developer trying to make a ambition game that has 500 players at once.

I remember seeing Final fantasy 15 at e3 2006. That's almost 10 YEARS! And the demo is only coming out next month. Square Enix also a huge development team with millions of dollars to spend.

So calm down please and put down your pitch forks and let FSE develop this game at their own pace not yours. You are not entitled to chose their pace of development.
I love your signature  ::)
Ody for once you and I agree on something.

Nipplestockings said it perfectly a few pages back, when this was announced I was super pumped and would have thrown some money at it if I had the resources, but now any word at all is so few and far between I'm questioning if I'm even going to buy it. Almost three and a half years of NW burnt me out completely and it's been almost five months since I've done any serious regiment business. Just basically what Nipplestockings said, long story short, an update of any kind would be nice.
Oh no I'm not combining the two, you misunderstand me. I guess what I'm saying is that since I've moved away from NW I've got into other games and communities,  so some updates on BCOF would be great to kind of keep me here, cause I don't really want to leave. :P

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2015, 08:56:58 pm »
Why make a mount and musket type mod for banner lord? Why not make one for Battle Cry of Freedom since the mechanics will already be there... Plus i hate the native up swing, and prefer the upstab NW has.

Instead of reworking the melee mechanics and shit you would literally just need to reskin and adjust stats

Then you have NW with 500 player servers
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2015, 10:03:47 pm »
Yeah, except there will never be enough players to fill 500 player servers. I always thought that was a bit of a pointless feature.

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2015, 11:45:38 pm »

500+ hours is vet? D:
So I'm a vet X 3 + 186? Wonder if I can get a prestige?

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2015, 09:37:55 am »
Why make a mount and musket type mod for banner lord? Why not make one for Battle Cry of Freedom since the mechanics will already be there... Plus i hate the native up swing, and prefer the upstab NW has.

Instead of reworking the melee mechanics and shit you would literally just need to reskin and adjust stats

LOL, the upswing from NW came straight from With fire and sword. In the game files its literally called WFaS_UPswing or something like that. I'm pretty sure that bannerlord will implement these kinds of up attacks into spears or at least pikes.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2015, 12:22:32 pm »

Lol lol lol Modding the BCoF engine. Lol.
In seriousness I've already asked that to FSE they said no modding, it may come waaaaay later.
The first modder for NW.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2015, 01:24:46 pm »
It's the unity engine. Unity is hard to mod since it requires the modders to own the engine (I think).

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2015, 12:44:14 am »

In hindsight though they are all games that had a massive audience awaiting them and had been games that changed genre's and received critical claim, last time I checked, FSE doesn't go to E3 or any other large game conventions to show off their products and get hype. For BCoF we're talking about a few thousand who would buy it right off the bat and that's if it comes out soon.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2015, 01:07:29 am »

I remember seeing Final fantasy 15 at E3 2006. That's almost 10 YEARS! And the demo is only coming out next month, which you could call the beta. Square Enix also a huge development team with millions of dollars to spend. Which FSE does not have those kinds of resources.

So calm down please and put down your pitch forks and let FSE develop this game at their own pace not yours. You are not entitled to chose their pace of development with a donation.

The point is that we want to see development, and developer blogs and want to see what is happening, as well as seeing our money go to what we donated, we dont want to be kept in the dark.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 04:12:25 am by Walko »
Pointy stick champion

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2015, 08:46:14 am »

I remember seeing Final fantasy 15 at E3 2006. That's almost 10 YEARS! And the demo is only coming out next month, which you could call the beta. Square Enix also a huge development team with millions of dollars to spend. Which FSE does not have those kinds of resources.

So calm down please and put down your pitch forks and let FSE develop this game at their own pace not yours. You are not entitled to chose their pace of development with a donation.

The point is that we want to see development, and developer blogs and want to see what is happening, as well as seeing our money go to what we donated, we dont want to be kept in the dark.
No offense but development standards 14000 euros or 16000$ is like nothing lol. Unity engine costs 1500$. Music probably costs thousands more.