Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 55433 times)

Offline fruitocino

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18e SgtMaj
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Hearthstone
« Reply #435 on: December 26, 2017, 12:38:34 pm »
I only played casually on Heartstone and stopped about a year ago, is Pirate Rogue still a thing?  :D
The amount of Expansions got a bit too much for me, and while I liked creating my own decks it was kind of weird getting destroyed by people who would literally have the exact same decks everytime. But I guess that's what Heartstone about and I enjoyed it while it lasted (for me).

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #436 on: December 26, 2017, 04:06:19 pm »
Thats what threw me off personally, its a game I would play every now and then but the card meta's just change waay to often.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Oatmeal

« Reply #437 on: December 26, 2017, 05:49:24 pm »
warlock meta

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #438 on: December 26, 2017, 06:27:58 pm »
Control Warlock is dank because it's been a while since slower Warlocks were tier 1 but I don't have like 90% of the xpac because I bought 0 packs of it with $$$. No Voidlords, no Lackeys, not even any Dark Pacts, and Skull of the Man'ari is pretty good too. Can't even play the Cubelock variant because 0 Cubes.

:(

Meanwhile Magic Arena is on its way and it might be good, especially after there's some revenue flowing through it and they can focus on improving the less impressive looking stuff.

Oatmeal

« Reply #439 on: December 26, 2017, 07:10:43 pm »
Haven't ever dropped any $ on just the card sets, but got LoE and karazahn. This expansion I had 1000 gold saved up and ended up getting two legendaries kek. One of them was rin so I've been playing a medivh control version of the deck til I can get those cards you just listed. I think the current meta is pretty solid though, a lot less cancer aggro decks ATM.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #440 on: December 26, 2017, 09:37:58 pm »
Mill makes people want to kill themselves so that's why I like it
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 27, 2017, 12:00:55 am »
I got a few legendaries, crafted a few others. Now I'm absolutely broke on dust and there's a bunch of crap I want to craft. I'm probably going to switch to playing mostly Wild after the rotation in the Spring, it really depends on what mechanics they add, but I'm getting tired of buying new content just to keep up. There's gotta be WotOG level competitive control decks to keep me interested. Just having the Jade and Pirates packages gone isn't enough, especially since some of the most fun cards to play with are going to be leaving too.

There's a non-Jade Infinity Druid list I want to build for Wild that looks pretty awesome, it's the deck I mentioned earlier in the thread. It's got some weird tech to play against Naga Sea Witch + Giants decks, like Soggoth the Slitherer, which is pretty funny, since he never worked well in Standard. Here's the list:

2x Naturalize
2x Wild Growth
2x Wrath
1x Brann Bronzebeard
2x Coldlight Oracle
2x Deathlord
1x Mulch
2x Astral Tiger (don't have)
1x Barnes
1x The Darkness (don't have)
1x Twig of the World Tree
2x Nourish
2x Sludge Belcher
1x Dark Arakkoa
1x Spreading Plague
1x Malfurion the Pestilent
1x Malorne (don't have)
1x Hadronox (don't have)
1x Soggoth the Slitherer (don't have)
1x N'Zoth, the Corruptor
2x Ultimate Infestation (need a second one)

It's pretty wacky, as you can tell, and I'm pretty short of dust. Crafting Malorne, Hadronox, and Soggoth the Slitherer are all things I never expected to do, but I think all are pretty relevant, despite being individually bad. It's got some cool wincons, including double The Darkness from Barnes (assuming the "1/1" copy awakens as a 20/20), twice as many Darkness Candles from Brann to wake it up faster, milling out with Brann + Coldlights + Naturalize + Deathlords, slowing down Giants a shit ton with Sludge Belchers, Spreading Plague, Soggoth, N'Zoth, etc., and infinitely avoiding fatigue with Astral Tigers and Malorne, who are pretty good with building massive board states for N'Zoth and allowing late game Ultimate Infestations when there's several Tigers and Stags in the deck. Sure, you need to really stock up on them, which N'Zoth helps with, but otherwise I think they'll work pretty well. I prefer them over Jade Idols because some lists run Skulking Geist, which completely fucks over other Druid decks that go to fatigue, and I like the synergy that the Deathrattles provide. It's a really similar idea to this Mage deck I built for Wild months ago, where you just play boards of Deathrattles and Giants over and over again with stuff like Echo of Medivh, but that deck relied on too few of cards and weird situations to happen, while this Druid deck just has a lot of cross synergies and everything kinda makes sense for the gameplan of the deck, which has multiple outs. It'll probably be bad but it seems fun as fuck.

PS. Fuck meta mages rn lol.

• Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 27, 2017, 12:37:24 am »
Mill rogue/exodia mage are the future
When you can't play around them, fun is had by exactly one person
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 27, 2017, 03:39:44 am »
I wish I could play MTG EDH with you, Dan. :-*

OTK Mage is great but the card pool has so many options I don't know what's best way to build the deck at this point.

Offline Krastinov

• First Lieutenant
  • hi
    • View Profile
  • Nick: OatmealCan'tGroupfightSTINOV
« Reply #444 on: January 25, 2018, 07:21:41 am »
Finally a good meta for control warlocks, it's been ages.
The Myth, The Legend

Oatmeal

« Reply #445 on: January 25, 2018, 07:28:41 am »

Offline Krastinov

• First Lieutenant
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 25, 2018, 08:32:20 am »
The Myth, The Legend

• Commander in Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 25, 2018, 12:34:24 pm »
The mill/exodia meta is here

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 26, 2018, 01:13:53 am »
Hey queue up against my anti-control warlock control warlock please. :)

Offline Krastinov

• First Lieutenant
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 26, 2018, 09:39:00 am »
So... I was playing arena..

The Myth, The Legend