Author Topic: Thoughts on the newest patch/update  (Read 8204 times)

Offline TheWeeknd

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Thoughts on the newest patch/update
« on: January 19, 2018, 12:44:13 pm »
Post your thoughts about the latest patch here

It made the melee slower, changed half the mechanics imo *Holdfast 2.0 now*

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Thoughts on the newest patch/update
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 12:44:41 pm »
for me it's faster ;o
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline TheWeeknd

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 12:53:10 pm »
Chambering is way harder for me

Offline Keita

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 12:53:49 pm »
yeah either way the melee is shit, and i want it to be like it was pre patch.
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline TheWeeknd

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 12:57:05 pm »
Same yeh, best thing about this update is that they added an anti-cheat feature

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 01:05:41 pm »
Tbh, people would get used to the melee whether or not you feel it was slower, or it was faster.

The thing that really needs to die asap is the constant poking and tanking players seem to get now. Its crazy. Played a GF last night, went in got the opening stab in the middle around 60% of the rounds, once I got a kill. Only pokes at perfect ranges or just straight up tanking.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Keita

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 01:09:24 pm »
Tbh, people would get used to the melee whether or not you feel it was slower, or it was faster.

The thing that really needs to die asap is the constant poking and tanking players seem to get now. Its crazy. Played a GF last night, went in got the opening stab in the middle around 60% of the rounds, once I got a kill. Only pokes at perfect ranges or just straight up tanking.
yeah the tanking is fucking insane

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 01:14:48 pm »
I think when they did the updates for armor on units such as Sailors, they must have messed with something else... Only way that explains it.

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 01:33:15 pm »
I think when they did the updates for armor on units such as Sailors, they must have messed with something else... Only way that explains it.
Pre-patch most stabs i've had to give a guy was 4, Post-patch seen a lot of people die after 5, shits been altered yo

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 01:34:12 pm »
Most definitely.

I might make a thread directed straight at FSE as to what with melee ACTUALLY needs fixing. Which people who actually matter can contribute too.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 01:37:58 pm »
nope.  we only changed the armor for a handful of items.(which troops are given)  we tweaked the bodies.  we tweaked the range of a few weapons.(this will take time for people to get use to.  people are still use to the older ranges, this goes for cav)

i dont recall us actually changing any melee animations or changing the actual melee speed.  With that being said, I can only say for certain what i worked on.   We did get a new exe right before the patch dropped.   There are some things that need to be worked on in our code, but i do wonder how many issues are because of the new exe.  Things that worked before now don't or otherwise act funny.  we will hopefully find out why as time goes on. 

Anyways, keep providing feed back.   
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 01:40:10 pm »
Yeah well its good that you guys notice that something has changed, it must have. The hitboxes will take getting used too which you are right.

Also as for animations, you definitely made changes. Before when pulling out your musket, your arm went from bellow, now its above your soldier. So maybe there are some more that have been updated?

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 01:41:56 pm »
Yeah well its good that you guys notice that something has changed, it must have. The hitboxes will take getting used too which you are right.

Also as for animations, you definitely made changes. Before when pulling out your musket, your arm went from bellow, now its above your soldier. So maybe there are some more that have been updated?
are you referring to the melee only muskets?
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 01:44:58 pm »
Most definitely.

I might make a thread directed straight at FSE as to what with melee ACTUALLY needs fixing. Which people who actually matter can contribute too.
don't forget to tell them that they added these things called chambers accidentally ;).

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 02:07:26 pm »
Most definitely.

don't forget to tell them that they added these things called chambers accidentally ;).
Well that would be a lie.

are you referring to the melee only muskets?
Is there a difference?