Poll

Out of 10, (with 10 being the highest) How much are you enjoying Iron Europe?

6 (4%)
1 (0.7%)
4 (2.6%)
2 (1.3%)
4 (2.6%)
8 (5.3%)
19 (12.6%)
32 (21.2%)
9 (6%)
15 (9.9%)
5 (3.3%)
Over 9000+
46 (30.5%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author Topic: First Impressions?  (Read 8288 times)

Offline ThatRussian

• Donator
  • Do not be troubled for you are in Elysium
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cherno Lions/ Vassili
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: First Impressions?
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 04:07:57 pm »
Honest First Impression:
At first when I joined, I was extremely frustrated.  I did not know what the weapons where (as I do not speak french or german) and I did not know how to do anything.  I joined a server and was basically using my gun as a club because I did not know how to reload.  I tried to play sniper, but all the sniper spots are always filled.  I tried heavy machine gun but could not figure out how to make it work.

Upon playing again a little later, I asked people in-game about the controls.  Once I learned how to use everything and found out what classes I was best at I was having a blast.  It's a great game, but adding in a tutorial for new members or making the keys more apparent to people who don't look at their key bindings would help improve the mod I think.

Your entire frustration comes from refusing to read the FAQ though.

I first played it before the FAQ was out with a list of key bindings. Not to mention, when something new comes out, do you always read the forum first before you play it, or do you rush headfirst to exerience it firsthand?  I was just saying that if there was an ingame tutorial on keys and such, it would help as not everyone uses the forums.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2014, 08:05:12 pm »
Honest First Impression:
At first when I joined, I was extremely frustrated.  I did not know what the weapons where (as I do not speak french or german) and I did not know how to do anything.  I joined a server and was basically using my gun as a club because I did not know how to reload.  I tried to play sniper, but all the sniper spots are always filled.  I tried heavy machine gun but could not figure out how to make it work.

Upon playing again a little later, I asked people in-game about the controls.  Once I learned how to use everything and found out what classes I was best at I was having a blast.  It's a great game, but adding in a tutorial for new members or making the keys more apparent to people who don't look at their key bindings would help improve the mod I think.

Your entire frustration comes from refusing to read the FAQ though.

I first played it before the FAQ was out with a list of key bindings. Not to mention, when something new comes out, do you always read the forum first before you play it, or do you rush headfirst to exerience it firsthand?  I was just saying that if there was an ingame tutorial on keys and such, it would help as not everyone uses the forums.
I think that the welcome message for the official servers list all the new commands and how to do stuff, though it would be awesome to have a tutorial I'd rather that their manpower went to more content.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Wright

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2014, 09:33:25 pm »
I am having fun playing it for sure, I think its a really great mod so far and the developers did an excellent job. My main complaint is the amount of team killing… I realize friendly fire makes the game more realistic etc. but in this mod its far too easy for your own teammates to run into your grenades/your HMG fire or vice versa and it honestly gets a bit frustrating at times. Not that this is a fault of the mod itself, I fully appreciate that; just an observation I've had thus far.

Overall though I think its awesome and I hope people are enjoying it as much as I am :D