Author Topic: United States Legalization of Same-Sex Marriage  (Read 44886 times)

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
United States Legalization of Same-Sex Marriage
« on: June 26, 2015, 07:29:34 pm »
A lot of rejoicing and controversy arose today after the 5-4 Supreme Court vote ruling in favor of a national recognition and approval for same sex marriages.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gay-marriage-and-other-major-rulings-at-the-supreme-court/2015/06/25/ef75a120-1b6d-11e5-bd7f-4611a60dd8e5_story.html

This is of course a big day for the LGBT community and its supporters, who after decades of fighting for equal rights for marriage finally reached it for the entire country. In all 50 states, same sex marriage is legal.

Though there are plenty of people rejoicing, such as those who fought since the gay liberation movement in the 70's and the more recent movements in the past decade, there are many who still oppose the decision and view marriage as a bond between only man and woman. Some have gone pretty radical about this.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/06/19/texas-pastor-threatens-to-set-himself-on-fire-to-stop-gays-from-marrying/

What are your thoughts on this? Is it about time same sex couples can be recognized as marital partners? Do you think America is ready for a change like this, one which only five of the nine Supreme Court justices approved? Whatever your view on this, remember to keep opinions civil, this thread doesn't need to be locked because a point is delivered in a certain way.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
  • Side: Neutral
Re: United States Legalization of Same-Sex Marriage
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 07:36:08 pm »
It's about time

Now I can finally marry cream cheese
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Dom13WorstNW

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 07:42:38 pm »
Finally

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 07:50:39 pm »
This is america, the idea behind this country is true freedom. We should ALL have that regardless of race/gender/creed. Anyone that argues against that is anti-human scum. :)

Offline Tharan

• Donator
  • Owner of Sheb Kebab.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 08:06:46 pm »
Yet the US police are shooting innocent black people...

Offline The Rebel

• Major
  • Drew Lock has a horse cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 9/18/14 Never Forget
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 08:12:02 pm »
Its wrong. Screw gay marriage

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 08:14:48 pm »

Fuck you kid, you don't get the fucking right to judge your fellow man. Nor does some book written by fucking barbarians. Go marry your right hand bitch.

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Old Gen boy, led a few bad regiments.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Purpie
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 08:16:28 pm »

Fuck you kid, you don't get the fucking right to judge your fellow man. Nor does some book written by fucking barbarians. Go marry your right hand bitch.

I can't wait for the flame war to start on here.

Offline The Rebel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 08:16:58 pm »

That escalated quickly

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 08:18:49 pm »
Guess they will embrace that shit in my country as well.
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 08:19:23 pm »

I don't care anymore, i am so sick of the children on here that want to talk about real life and real people's rights etc like its a fucking joke and they understand the world and what is right and wrong yet they haven't left their fucking street block or learned to form their own intelligent opinion instead of listening to their dumb ass parents and stupid kids around them. Do not act like you know right from wrong when you see the world threw fucking youtube.

Offline The Rebel

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 08:22:11 pm »

I don't care anymore, i am so sick of the children on here that want to talk about real life and real people's rights etc like its a fucking joke and they understand the world and what is right and wrong yet they haven't left their fucking street block or learned to form their own intelligent opinion instead of listening to their dumb ass parents and stupid kids around them. Do not act like you know right from wrong when you see the world threw fucking you tube.
Lol Marceaux. I don't get my stuff from youtube. I go to school and learn this shit. I took a whole term on gay marriage and why it's wrong. It's literally against the whole aspect of life. Love is between a man and a woman. Not a man-man, woman-woman.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 08:24:07 pm »
The day when america starts being the progressive ones of the world...

Legalizing Marijuana
Legalize Same Sex Marriage

cmon eurofags, catch up!

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 08:24:55 pm »

I don't care anymore, i am so sick of the children on here that want to talk about real life and real people's rights etc like its a fucking joke and they understand the world and what is right and wrong yet they haven't left their fucking street block or learned to form their own intelligent opinion instead of listening to their dumb ass parents and stupid kids around them. Do not act like you know right from wrong when you see the world threw fucking you tube.
Lol Marceaux. I don't get my stuff from youtube. I go to school and learn this shit. I took a whole term on gay marriage and why it's wrong. It's literally against the whole aspect of life. Love is between a man and a woman. Not a man-man, woman-woman.
You're right. But don't worry about him; lefties need to be miserable and angry all the time because they are always afraid that somebody could sin against their gr8 ideology.
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline TheRedRedcoat

• First Lieutenant
  • uhh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: u
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 08:26:40 pm »
I can't wait for the polite and constructive discussion that this thread will surely breed.