Author Topic: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord  (Read 64789 times)

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
« Reply #450 on: January 12, 2017, 09:47:13 am »
Bannerlord is apparently not coming any time soon: http://www.pcgamer.com/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-creators-give-update-on-development-progress/
Probably for the best, quality takes time after all. I ain't impatient for a rushed release.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
« Reply #451 on: January 12, 2017, 10:17:37 am »
A lack of release date doesn't mean a release isn't anywhere close. It could be coming within the next few months, all depending on how quickly progress is made. Remember: time =/= quality; there's absolutely no true relation. A man can paint a masterpiece in a few minutes while another paints a piece of shit over the span of several years. Same with books, same with movies, same with music, same with anything. As long as everything goes well and there's minimal interruptions, Bannerlord can come out pretty quickly.

That said, don't get too hung up on these games. There's plenty of amazing games out there and you're robbing yourself of them by focusing on NW, BCoF, Bannerlord, WoR, etc.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 13, 2017, 01:44:11 am »
A lack of release date doesn't mean a release isn't anywhere close. It could be coming within the next few months, all depending on how quickly progress is made. Remember: time =/= quality; there's absolutely no true relation. A man can paint a masterpiece in a few minutes while another paints a piece of shit over the span of several years. Same with books, same with movies, same with music, same with anything. As long as everything goes well and there's minimal interruptions, Bannerlord can come out pretty quickly.

That said, don't get too hung up on these games. There's plenty of amazing games out there and you're robbing yourself of them by focusing on NW, BCoF, Bannerlord, WoR, etc.
True about time and quality, maybe Taleworlds will surprise everyone with some significant news soonTM, but I would not want to put more pressure on Taleworlds. Many users on the Internet just beg and ask for a release date, countless times. They want the game right now but according to the recent development news (from PC Gamer) it is still too early to talk about the features many users want, like multiplayer info and co-op. If the PR guy says it is still too early to talk about the good stuff, that's it for now.

I'm not too focused on these games and every single update, if Bannerlord releases this year or the next, great. I have a lot of patience and bide the majority of time based on priority. I happily oblige to reply and it keeps the thread 'active' instead of forgotten.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:50:50 am by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 22, 2017, 02:59:37 pm »
at this point i've given up on taleworlds showing anything other than combat videos
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 22, 2017, 03:01:49 pm »
When you complain because the games studio updates you

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 23, 2017, 05:41:06 am »
at this point i've given up on taleworlds showing anything other than combat videos
Spoiler
[close]

That's literally like 90% of what people expect from M&B. Combat. What are you complaining about, exactly? Anything?

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #456 on: August 23, 2017, 10:11:46 am »
I WANT TO SEE RELATIONS GAMEPLAY, INTERACTIVE WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN I SEX????

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 23, 2017, 12:30:55 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

That's literally like 90% of what people expect from M&B. Combat. What are you complaining about, exactly? Anything?
well i'd like to see some more of the single-player mechanics, didn't know that it would be such a crime to get bored of combat videos tbf

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 23, 2017, 12:44:04 pm »
There might be nothing yet to show. They might be working on it as we speak. This is some amazing footage considering the game doesn't even have a release date yet.

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 23, 2017, 12:53:07 pm »
There might be nothing yet to show. They might be working on it as we speak. This is some amazing footage considering the game doesn't even have a release date yet.
you do realise that they have been working on this for several years now? i find it highly unlikely that there would be nothing to show. the only 'amazing' part of this footage is that it gives a glimpse into multiplayer.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 23, 2017, 12:55:38 pm »
Yes they have been working on it for several years and yet the game is clearly not finished which shows that there is at least some aspect of the game that is being worked on, with the fighting looking pretty polished it's reasonable to assume that they are finishing other aspects of the game.

If the game was completely finished then we would be given a release date.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 23, 2017, 05:50:30 pm »
You gotta understand how game development works. The first year or more, it's all just engine building, scripting, defining aspects like the physics, the core mechanics, etc., and then plenty more time spent filling it up with animations, models and textures, dialogue and content, netcode, maps, item stats (which take time to balance), gamemodes, specific and generic NPCs, quests, and so on, and at this point the team probably would find some issues or limitations with the core engine, which they would have to further tweak to fix or to unlimit themselves. Then, there's still stuff like the new and improved map editor and recording mode, and all the polish that goes into each texture and asset and model to avoid weird graphical glitches or clipping. And I didn't even cover all of it. They definitely don't want to run into the issues that spin-offs like WFaS or Caribbean had, though both were made by a different studio/company. They still want to get the mechanics from those games/DLCs and popular mods that got people to buy the game in the first place.

This is why I still have faith in my #1 man.