Author Topic: PETITION: To Add Grenades Into Napoleonic Wars for Grenadier Class  (Read 18531 times)

AeroNinja

Re: PETITION: To Add Grenades Into Napoleonic Wars for Grenadier Class
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 09:08:58 pm »
i lve ye Enlish

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 09:50:41 pm »
For any of you out there that have played with fire and sword and remember the grenades it that my idea is pretty much the same.
Quoting Fire and Sword - instant lose :P
<3

Offline Carson

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Charlie Don't Surf
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC Captain
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 10:07:44 pm »
While we are at it, lets add hand mortars too. ::)

Former:
15e Chef de Bataillon
USMC Captain |30th Captain | 3eVolt Soldat de Première | 1te Garde Lieutenant | 15thYork Serjeant | 21e Soldat | 24th Private

Offline Moldplayer

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Pfd_Lt_McMoldy
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 10:10:38 pm »

Yeah really, holy smokes lads calm down.
Gott damnit moldy, my history page is never safe - 19te_Aussie

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 10:12:09 pm »
Grenadiers ---> Grenades -----> WIN

Oh dear, I need to go facedesk a bit.

Yeah really, holy smokes lads calm down.
No :)
<3

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 10:24:28 pm »
I think that it would be a great idea if Grenadiers actually had grenades like they historically did.

You know nothing.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 10:34:34 pm »
I just puked in my mouth
Pointy stick champion

Offline Thar

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nyos
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 10:47:46 pm »
Let's also start a petition for FSE to add Japan as a faction, because we all know a single Samurai could take out a whole regiment with his katana (folded 1,000 times).

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Katanas" BS that's going on in the M&B system right now. Bastard Swords deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine Bastard Sword in Germany for 10,000 Euros (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my Bastard Sword.

European smiths spend years working on a single Bastard Sword and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.

Bastard Swords are thrice as sharp as Japanese swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a Daisho can cut through, a Bastard Sword can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a Bastard Sword could easily bisect a samurai wearing pieces of wood for armor with a simple horizontal slash.

Ever wonder why Japan never bothered conquering Medieval Europe? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Knights and their Bastard Swords of destruction. Even in World War II, Japanese soldiers targeted the men with the Bastard Swords first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Bastard Swords are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the M&B system. Here is the stat block I propose for Bastard Swords:

Type: 2 Handed
Weight: 3

Melee
Speed: 100
Weapon Length: 150
Swing Damage: 100c
Thrust Damage: 110p

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Bastard Swords in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Bastard Swords need to do more damage in M&B, see my new stat block.

Offline Aiello

• Donator
  • I like what I'm reading.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 11:50:40 pm »
Let's also start a petition for FSE to add Japan as a faction, because we all know a single Samurai could take out a whole regiment with his katana (folded 1,000 times).

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Katanas" BS that's going on in the M&B system right now. Bastard Swords deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine Bastard Sword in Germany for 10,000 Euros (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my Bastard Sword.

European smiths spend years working on a single Bastard Sword and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.

Bastard Swords are thrice as sharp as Japanese swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a Daisho can cut through, a Bastard Sword can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a Bastard Sword could easily bisect a samurai wearing pieces of wood for armor with a simple horizontal slash.

Ever wonder why Japan never bothered conquering Medieval Europe? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Knights and their Bastard Swords of destruction. Even in World War II, Japanese soldiers targeted the men with the Bastard Swords first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Bastard Swords are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the M&B system. Here is the stat block I propose for Bastard Swords:

Melee

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Bastard Swords in real life, don't you think?

Bu-but...muh Sengoku Jidai...muh waifu

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2014, 12:07:13 am »
Too slow, was back in the mod version a long time ago.

Offline Jishnu

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • All Praise Lord GabeN!!!
  • Nick: Lord Commander Jish
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2014, 12:08:15 am »
If they didn't use grenades then why do they have them in the admin weapons?

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2014, 12:15:26 am »

I'm pretty sure that their grenades weren't dubbed "Holy Hand Grenades", coated in gold, and have like 50 jewels on them in the shape of a cross.
However, I am sure that Foot Guards at the time used shotguns, admin horses and banhammers, so I'll create a petition for FSE to include those as well.

Spoiler
I honestly hope that you were kidding when you said that.
[close]
<3

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2014, 12:15:59 am »
Spoiler

Melee

[close]
*whoosh* - the sound made by a post going straight over a user's head.

Too slow, was back in the mod version a long time ago.
I loved how they crashed the servers they were used on and thus throwing them became a punishable offence :P
Also, #BringBackSweden

From what I remember they included Japan as a polling option for the next faction to be added back in mm_Prussia and it came out on top (I hope the people voting were joking, but it's hard to know with this lot). iirc they included a mock banner regarding Japan.

Offline Jishnu

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • All Praise Lord GabeN!!!
  • Nick: Lord Commander Jish
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2014, 12:46:03 am »

I'm pretty sure that their grenades weren't dubbed "Holy Hand Grenades", coated in gold, and have like 50 jewels on them in the shape of a cross.
However, I am sure that Foot Guards at the time used shotguns, admin horses and banhammers, so I'll create a petition for FSE to include those as well.

Spoiler
I honestly hope that you were kidding when you said that.
[close]

Look, this picture proves that they had them...

HolyHandGrenadier
[close]

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2014, 12:50:29 am »
Grenadiers
The grenadier units had, by the time of the Napoleonic Wars, ceased using the hand-thrown grenades, and were largely known for being composed of physically big men, frequently relied upon for shock actions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_military_forces_in_the_Napoleonic_Wars#Combat_Arms

<3