Author Topic: 36th (Herefordshire) Regiment of Foot [Recruiting][EU/NA]  (Read 22458 times)

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
  • Side: Neutral
36th (Herefordshire) Regiment of Foot [Recruiting][EU/NA]
« on: February 09, 2018, 09:28:56 pm »

The 36th Herefordshire Regiment of Foot

The 36th Herefordshire are a regiment of old and new players alike with some members being together for as long as 5 years. The regiment plays a both Napoleonic Wars and Holdfast. Participating in and hosting events in both. With both an European and North American side the 36th attend usually two events per day, play predominately line, although never shying away from trying something new every now and again. We pride ourselves on our community, playing games together after most events. Games such as EU4, HOI4, CK2 and RS:2 are popular choices. We boast of successful competitive record against many other regiments and are always up for a bit of friendly competition.

History of the "Grasshoppers"

The regiment was raised in 1701, initally being designated "Charlemonts Regiment of Foot" as its leader the 2nd Viscount Charlemont. It hailed from Ireland and was created with the purpose of deployment in the War of Spanish succession. The unit was selected to take part in an invasion of the southern coast of Spain, they where involved in the 1702 battle of Cadiz but where unable to take the city. They would be redeployed to the West Indies in 1703, and would return thereafter to Ireland in 1804.

They would play a role in suppressing the Jacobite risings. In 1715 they would be sent to Scotland to suppress the rising, but would be overrun at the Battle of Sherrifmuir. They would return to Ireland in 1718 after extended garrison duties in Stirling.

It would next see action in the war of Austrian succession, and would take part in suppressing the second Jacobite rising. They would fight at Falkirk and Culloden. They would then return to garrison duties in Flanders and would be defeated under the Duke of Cumberland at the battle of Lauffeld. It would then be sent to Gibraltar to serve as a garrison.

In 1751 it would be given the designation "36th Regiment of Foot" from the earlier Lord Manner's Regiment, named after the commander at the time.

The regiment would receive a brief second battalion during the Seven Years War, and would be used mainly as a costal defence unit, although they did partake in a few raid along the Bretange and Norman coasts.

In 1782, in order to improve recruitment for the unpopular American War for Independence the all regiments where required to be named after a county. Thus the 36th took on the county title of the 36th (Herefordshire) Regiment of Foot.

In march of 1783 the regiment left of Madras, arriving in July. They saw brief action during the Second Anglo-Mysore War and fully participated during the Third Anglo-Mysore War. Being present at the Siege of Bangalore. When the French Revolutionary Wars broke out they where sent to occupy French India. They would return to Great Britain in 1799.

The regiments strength was replenished with recruits from Winchester before moving back to Ireland. They would once again be involved in raids on the French Coast. Briefly they where stationed in the Mediterranean before returning home in 1802 after the treaty of Amiens. In 1804 the regiment raised a second battalion in Ireland, however it would see no action and was disbanded in 1804. In 1806 the 1st/36th saw a brief deployment in Hanover. They where then selected to be apart of a special force that was sent to the Spanish colonies, where they would take part in an assault on Buenos Aires. 

In August 1808 the 1st Battalion would arrived on the Iberian Peninsula and was quickly engaged during the Battle of Roliça and Vimerio. Despite these victories, the British forces where in retreat and the 1st Battalion would take part as the rearguard in the disastrous battle of Coruna. They would then leave for Holland to fight during the Walcheren Campaign. In 1811 after a return to the UK they would return to Portugal and Spain. They would fight at Salamanca, Burgos, Pynresses, Nivelle, Orthez and Toulouse. The 1st would return home and the 2nd battalion would be disbanded.

The regiment would not take part in any active combat thereafter, being used as a garrison unit around the country and empire. In 1881 it would be merged into the 29th Worcestershire and later into the Merican regiment, which exists today. 

Ranking Structure

Regimental Media

Regimental Contacts

Commanding Officer

Deputy-Commanding Officer [EU]

North American Commissioned Officer [NA]

[close]
Signatures

[close]
Screenshots

[close]
Banner re-skin

[close]

Regimental Muster Roll

Officers
Major Conway
Lieutenant Atrezi

Lieutenant Kingaoe

NCOs

Colour-Serjeant Muffinman
Colour-Serjeant Xenoyia
Corporal Aoba
Corporal newlk21

Officers: 3
NCOs: 4
Enlisted: 33
Total Strength: 40
Enlisted
Lance-Corporal Bandit
Lance-Corporal Philberto
Veteran Tyrone
Veteran Mold
Veteran Panzer
Veteran Jappen
Veteran Razz
Guard Bastard
Guard Acasius
Regular Bucket Dude
Regular Oreo
Regular Morthos
Regular Charon
Regular Conway998
Regular Ardennon
Regular BurgerKing
Regular Mustang
Enlisted
Private Ronan
Private etho1004
Private Zann
Private Cynaide
Private Scotty
Private Jackson Paul
Private PyromaniacOrk
Private Man O War
Private Collin
Private NFSmaster16
Private Mar
Private Zjug
Private Brad
Private Frost
Private Silent
Private Thuran

Teamspeak: 36throf.ts3.services

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 02:00:48 am by Conway »

Offline Ambiguous

• Lieutenant General
  • Lieutenant of the 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_Ambiguous
Re: 36th (Herefordshire) Regiment of Foot [EU/NA]
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 09:29:28 pm »
Good Luck

Offline StephanGH

• Alpha Tester
    • View Profile
  • Nick: StephanGH | frozen
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 10:38:36 pm »

GL!

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 11:12:32 pm »
Good luck!

Offline Mighty Irish Man

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Pte_Mighty
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 11:27:19 pm »
Good luck, and cheers for signing up to TGL.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 06:28:46 pm »
Did Jakestar get couped? What happened??

Offline Jakester

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Jousting Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jakester
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 09:06:42 pm »
Did Jakestar get couped? What happened??
This is Conway's regiment.

Offline crazytoes

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Offline Chainsor

• Major General
  • Nr13 - Hauptmann, EGS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr13_Hptm_Chainsor
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 10:49:59 pm »
Good luck! :)

Offline Samu

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DNK
Re: 36th (Herefordshire) Regiment of Foot [Recruiting][EU/NA]
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 02:19:18 am »
O shit i am from Herefordshire

Good luck

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 04:53:27 am »
Good Luck Conway  ::)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 07:18:59 am »
gl Canada-bro

can I ask why you only do shit with EU regs? Is it just the way it works out for your schedule?

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 07:41:27 am »
gl Canada-bro

can I ask why you only do shit with EU regs? Is it just the way it works out for your schedule?
ty for the gl fellow canuck.

5 years ago when I first joined a reg it was a solely time based thing. Because of NL's timezone I'd be home well before EU events while I'd usually be asleep during NA ones. Since then my schedule has changed but I've stuck with EU as a community thing and because I'm still often home before EU events depending on how much I break the speed limit.

Offline Inoua

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [RS]61e_Cpt_Inoua
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 07:50:46 am »
Good Luck